News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-14, 09:23 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Kobe Bryant 'Not Okay With' Tim Duncan Winning 6th Ring Before Him

By winning his fifth NBA title as the unquestioned cornerstone of the San Antonio Spurs, Tim Duncan managed to push his already lofty legacy into even more rarified air.

It would take a person of uncommonly cruel competitive constitution to rain on that parade, right?

Or, you know, Kobe Bryant.
“If you ask me if I’m okay with Tim [winning his sixth championship], I’m not,” Bryant told ESPN while on location for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil (via InsideSoCal.com’s Mark Medina). “I’m not okay with that.”

It’s not exactly clear whether Bryant was speaking in jest. Half-jest, even. Although given the quote’s placement—buried at the bottom of a bigger story involving U.S. men’s soccer coach Jurgen Klinsmann taking Kobe to task for his two-year, $48.5 million extension—it seems reasonable to believe he wasn't speaking with complete disdain

read the rest here Kobe Bryant 'Not Okay With' Tim Duncan Winning 6th Ring Before Him | Bleacher Report
Old 06-20-14, 10:37 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Spurs have no history of winning back-to-back titles, but this typically self-serving statement from the Drama Queen gives me hope that the Spurs can repeat.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-20-14, 11:19 AM
SR's Resident Laker Hater

Not that the reigning LAL egotist/drama queen will have anything to do with it or prevent it. And Tim stands a better chance at six than the Kobester will. He's irrelevant and he got the LAL team he deserved.

Lakers suck.
Old 06-20-14, 12:31 PM
The Master Baiter

The Lakers are going to be bad for awhile, so I don't care that he said this. But I think his motivation has always been to win as many or more than Jordan, from what I read somewhere. So naturally, he'd be ticked if he didn't get there and someone from his generation did.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-20-14, 12:43 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Don't worry Kobe... Lakers will buy u another couple superstars help win a title..
Old 06-20-14, 01:06 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

The Lakers can buy superstars if they want, but that roster and Kobe are so jacked up it won't help much.
Old 06-20-14, 02:34 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Oh well

- Confucius
Old 06-20-14, 02:35 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

And on Kobe's quote, I have no problem with it. He's a competitor. Of course he is not okay with falling behind in the race for more rings. I don't think it at all comes off as a diss on Duncan or something.
Old 06-20-14, 05:16 PM
SpursReport 2010 And 2014 Pick The Winner Champion

Its the same type of comment as Timmy saying he wanted the Heat. I have no problem with that...

On a side note... mckenna said we have no history of winning back to backs. Well, we only won on odd years, now we won on an even... historys to be rewritten
Old 06-20-14, 05:29 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

"It’s not exactly clear whether Bryant was speaking in jest. Half-jest, even. Although given the quote’s placement—buried at the bottom of a bigger story involving U.S. men’s soccer coach Jurgen Klinsmann taking Kobe to task for his two-year, $48.5 million extension—it seems reasonable to believe he wasn't speaking with complete disdain"

Then the author should put a question mark at the end of the title if he had any kind of class.
Old 06-20-14, 05:36 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guille View Post
Its the same type of comment as Timmy saying he wanted the Heat. I have no problem with that...

On a side note... mckenna said we have no history of winning back to backs. Well, we only won on odd years, now we won on an even... historys to be rewritten
Indeed, and I'll be rooting for a #6 title right along with you...
Old 06-21-14, 05:55 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
And on Kobe's quote, I have no problem with it. He's a competitor. Of course he is not okay with falling behind in the race for more rings. I don't think it at all comes off as a diss on Duncan or something.
Agreed.... I would worry if he said he was ok for it, he shouldn't be even if he has no say in it with the team he will have
Old 06-21-14, 10:01 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

Kobe who - the guy we bounced 2 years ago 4-0 and was not even around these playoffs?
Old 06-27-14, 02:41 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Don't get me wrong I am no Kobe fan but at least he didn't cry again. We all know he has a soft spot for the Spurs.

Old 06-27-14, 04:12 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPURSGIRL4Life View Post
Don't get me wrong I am no Kobe fan but at least he didn't cry again. We all know he has a soft spot for the Spurs.

And at least he's never made any hapless comments about any of our guys.
Old 06-29-14, 02:39 AM
SpursReport Rookie

The Difference between Kobe and Duncan...

Duncan wouldn't care if Kobe won a 6th before him. Probably has never even thought about it.
Old 06-29-14, 07:45 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

Kobe who?
Old 06-30-14, 09:49 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

even with all his issues, ego, or mj obsession, i tend to respect more kobe, than lebron or (now) durant...
Old 07-01-14, 03:13 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanCaca View Post
even with all his issues, ego, or mj obsession, i tend to respect more kobe, than lebron or (now) durant...
Only because he's viewed as less if a threat now....
Old 07-01-14, 01:01 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPURSGIRL4Life View Post
Only because he's viewed as less if a threat now....
Ouch!
Old 07-01-14, 10:04 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

With the Lakers attempting to build a team around Kobe Bryant and wooing stars, this thought comes to me. Has anyone ever said that they enjoyed playing alongside Kobe?
Old 07-02-14, 11:34 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Meh, I have no problem with what he said. He is a competitor and wants to win.