SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Draft or overseas? (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/121910-draft-overseas.html)

MRJONESIII 06-07-14 02:05 PM

Draft or overseas?

What will it should the Spurs do? Bring guys in from past overseas projects or draft and develop in house? How about a guy like Isaiah Austin that projected to drop to late first round, early second. 7'-1", looks athletic. Any thoughts or suggestions?

scarlet 06-07-14 09:36 PM

Overseas, there is no room our roster for the the next 5 years so let thme develop in europe. Ádám Hanga and Lorbek coming over after Tim retires.

mckennaspur1 06-07-14 11:11 PM

Just saw Lorbek in a Spanish tournament game. Obviously, a very small sample, but I didn't see anything from him that the Spurs don't already have in Baynes and Splitter. Maybe there's a reason he's never come over. It'd be fun to see him in Summer League.

HeloteSpurs 06-08-14 10:57 AM

I would like to see the senior out of Cincinnati 6'8 Justin Jackson come to SA. He's projected to be a late second rounder but I think this guy would be a great athletic big guy who can defend. He's a good rebounder and shot blocker although only being 6'8 will limit him, he has great athleticism that will help out. I think he'd be an instant help kind of guy.

choppsboy 06-08-14 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scarlet (Post 1313765)
Overseas, there is no room our roster for the the next 5 years so let thme develop in europe. Ádám Hanga and Lorbek coming over after Tim retires.

Lorbek is not coming, but I would love to see Davis Bertans come over. I don't think he is ready next year though.

Hanga could come over, but I don't think he will, and I don't think he will have a huge impact.

alh1020 06-08-14 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choppsboy (Post 1313796)
Lorbek is not coming……...

I have to agree here. Didn't he sign a long term contract with the Euro team he had been playing with? The NBA, I don't believe, is in his future.

spursfan9 06-08-14 01:25 PM

Kevin Love

MRJONESIII 06-08-14 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spursfan9 (Post 1313798)
Kevin Love

Pau Gasol= Better chance. Another question for everyone, hoping we do, will a championship Spurs team help attract some different (key) pieces? Only way to get Love would be next year, Duncan retired and not signing Leonard to a huge deal. I don't know if Love is money hungry or wants to be a part of something special.

choppsboy 06-08-14 02:43 PM

Love doesn't fit our system because he doesn't play defense.

drcantgetright 06-08-14 04:00 PM

Unfortunately, championships do not attract many FAs to SA. I don't know why but it is probably because it is san Antonio and not LA, NY or Mia

MRJONESIII 06-08-14 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drcantgetright (Post 1313806)
Unfortunately, championships do not attract many FAs to SA. I don't know why but it is probably because it is san Antonio and not LA, NY or Mia

That's just too bad, cause there is still at least a year window for championships if Duncan hangs around 1 or 2 season. If we can get Gasol and with Popovichs minutes management, we will stay a top 4 team in the west, top 6 overall.