News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-05-14, 09:51 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Kawhi MUST stay out of foul trouble!

That will kill us... Plus those horrific turnovers!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-05-14, 10:52 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Definitely as the refs seem to want to give LBJ room so he will find them build quickly.
Old 06-06-14, 12:02 AM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Kawhi is learning as he goes.
Guarding the best players on other teams is a huge task!
Only Kawhi can handle such difficult tasks because he is MR. KAWHI!
You can do this Kawhi!
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-06-14, 07:37 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Kawhi had a bad game, Spurs had 23 turnovers and they still won by 15!!!!!! The Heat actually played very well and forget the whole notion about "Lebron being out the last 4 min", the Spurs clicked in the critcal moments of the game. There was no way Miami was gonna win regardless of who was out there. Kawhi will bounce back, I have no doubt. I though he played Lebron very well when he was out there. He picked up two of his fouls on rotations to help defend other players. He just needs to stick on Lebron and Lebron only. No help on any rotations when Lebron is on the floor. But thats just my 2 cents.
Old 06-06-14, 07:56 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post
Kawhi had a bad game, Spurs had 23 turnovers and they still won by 15!!!!!! The Heat actually played very well and forget the whole notion about "Lebron being out the last 4 min", the Spurs clicked in the critcal moments of the game. There was no way Miami was gonna win regardless of who was out there. Kawhi will bounce back, I have no doubt. I though he played Lebron very well when he was out there. He picked up two of his fouls on rotations to help defend other players. He just needs to stick on Lebron and Lebron only. No help on any rotations when Lebron is on the floor. But thats just my 2 cents.
Don't fail to realize Lebron was having troubles and didn't finish the game. They were up by 2 when he went out. Kawhi was doing a lot of reaching. I think if he's in a flow, he can do that, but in the beginning of the game he has to just contest and play smart till the refs warm up. They're looking for anything in the beginning. So he must be careful. We caught a slight break... Lebron goes out, Danny catches fire. I'll definitely take it, but turnovers and Kawhi must be better in the next game & from here on out. He has to realize, he's a great defender but the NBA loves guys like Lebron and Durant..... If you sneeze their way, it's a foul.
Old 06-06-14, 08:15 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
Don't fail to realize Lebron was having troubles and didn't finish the game. They were up by 2 when he went out. Kawhi was doing a lot of reaching. I think if he's in a flow, he can do that, but in the beginning of the game he has to just contest and play smart till the refs warm up. They're looking for anything in the beginning. So he must be careful. We caught a slight break... Lebron goes out, Danny catches fire. I'll definitely take it, but turnovers and Kawhi must be better in the next game & from here on out. He has to realize, he's a great defender but the NBA loves guys like Lebron and Durant..... If you sneeze their way, it's a foul.
But again, I believe he actually only had 1 foul while guarding Lebron. The others were due to help defense.Watch the game again, he guarded Lebron very well while he was out there. Regardless, he does in fact need to stay out of foul trouble. Sometimes he gets away with reaching but not this night.

Whenever he gets in early foul trouble he can't find his rhythm. It happened again tonight. Hopefully he watches the tape and learns from his mistakes.

I still personally think that he can hold his own against Lebron on the defensive side. No one is ever gonna stop Lebron but Kawhi does a great job of disrupting his flow. His help defense is crucial (Kawhi's) but I'd honsetly rather seem him just focus on LBJ.....
Old 06-06-14, 07:22 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

If I remember correctly we were up by four when Lebron made his lay up bringing it to two points. I maintain we would have still won the game even if Lebron had finished. We had started to assert our will and the whole Heat team was gassed. That is the value of a strong bench.
Old 06-08-14, 08:27 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Leonard is starting to look a little uncomfortable and unsure of his abilities so far, also not good for us right now.
Old 06-08-14, 08:46 PM
FrenchConnection

He needs to drive more to the basket. He's young and athletic, he he should be able to beat off the dribble anybody in the Heat team.
Old 06-08-14, 10:47 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Now it's not all on Leonard, a lot of guys need to show up!
Old 06-08-14, 10:59 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

But Leonard did have at least two dumb fouls in addition to the phantom calls and he was invisible on offense.