News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-05-14, 01:13 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Spurs D

I believe this is going to come down on how effective our Defense is against Miami.

We need to limit fast break points
Contest EVERY shot
And when we foul them, foul them hard.

Kawhi is the key. He needs to be inside of Lebron's Jersey. Lebron needs to smell like Kawhi tomorrow morning.

Kawhi might very well be our most important player in this series.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-05-14, 02:06 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

The second unit needs to hold onto the ball whenever LeBron is sitting. The Heat second unit is inferior on both ends of the court, and they compensate by playing high-risk pressure D. If the Foreign Legion can keep turnovers to a minimum, they should be able to extend leads when LBJ is off catching his breath.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-05-14, 03:37 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai32 View Post
I believe this is going to come down on how effective our Defense is against Miami.

We need to limit fast break points
Contest EVERY shot
And when we foul them, foul them hard.

Kawhi is the key. He needs to be inside of Lebron's Jersey. Lebron needs to smell like Kawhi tomorrow morning.

Kawhi might very well be our most important player in this series.
If the refs don't allow James bully our guys around and not expect us to be physical back. Cause those ticky-tack @$$ calls they were giving Kevin Durant were sickening to my stomach. If Leonard stays out of early foul trouble and is aggressive back at James, we'll be OK. I think Green is going to have to do a masterful job on Wade.... He and Manu. When Allen is in, they need to go at him and on that pick for three that Allen likes at the right arc, the screeners man needs to pop out and prevent him from catching and shooting. He killed Indiana with that play because West didn't pop out.
Old 06-05-14, 03:38 PM
The Master Baiter

Turnovers are the key. It's the starters that need to watch their turnovers. Lebron gets the ball on a turnover and he's unstoppable. He's unstoppable anyway, but that makes it easy on him. But I don't think you double him. You let KY on him and make sure you guard the perimeter and their cutters.
Old 06-05-14, 03:45 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers.

Miami won't be able to score a lot on our half court defense, and they won't be able to stop us from scoring if we don't turn it over.
Old 06-05-14, 03:47 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Keep Lebron and Wade off the line. Do your best to make Lebron a jump shooter
Old 06-05-14, 04:09 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I'd even put Bonner on Bosh, and stretch one more rebounder away from the rim. Plus I think Bonner would be comfortable with Bosh and his jump shooting.
Old 06-05-14, 06:05 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Another key is to prevent Lebron from scoring > 30. Over 30 we're in trouble.
Old 06-06-14, 10:12 AM
The Eternal Optimist

Live ball turnovers lead to fast break points. Keep them down and you reduce layups. Consider 1/2 28 is 14. 14 possessions @ 50% = 7 shots made, minimum of 14 points lost. Since Miami was playing so well, yet still lost by 15 and the Spurs were playing quite sloppy, one has to think if the Spurs just play well and take care of the ball, they will win.