News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-03-14, 05:45 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Best way to obtain Finals tickets?

Hi All,

I'm a longtime follower, first time poster from New Jersey. For a Father's Day gift me and my brother are bringing my dad to San Antonio and plan on going to game 2. I'm very familiar with using stubhub and eBay, but I wanted to see if anyone could tell me if its possible (and safe) to try and find someone scalping before the game. Any recommendations on the best way to grab tickets?

PS- As a New Jersey native, I'm pumped to be going to a Spurs game. The only games I go to around here are Nets games with my buddies, where the only joy is booing Garnett.

Thanks,
Tom

"We'll do it this time."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-03-14, 07:02 PM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Game 1 is already sold out. Ya never know with scalpers, check spurs.com in the resale page. You're gonna pay a little more but ya know its legit. I say just pay the extra money to begin with......its a once in a lifetime opportunity. So, money shouldn't be a factor in that situation Lol I went to all 3 home games last yr and it was unforgettable. Hope that helps!
Old 06-03-14, 07:07 PM
The Master Baiter

Resale is the safest way. There are always scalpers at the entrance to the AT&T center, but with this kind of high profile game you don't know what you're getting. Either way, get your wazoo ready because you're going to pay out of it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-04-14, 01:26 AM
SR Team Goof

As Uwe and esparzar1 mentioned, resale is the safest way to go I would think. I've also gotten some pretty good deals off that site, particularly if the seller is in a rush to recoup on a game they can't attend themselves. And I hope your brother, you and your Dad have a good stay here in the Alamo city. Bring us a win while you're here!!
Old 06-04-14, 10:45 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

I have found the nba.com resale site cheaper than stubhub, they don't charge as many fees for the privilege of buying tickets through them.
Old 06-04-14, 06:31 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Thanks, I'll keep looking at the resale site. The prices are much easier to stomach knowing that my friends around here can't find Stanley Cup tickets for under $900.

Also, I already have a list of things to do in San Antonio, but can anyone recommend any Spurs-specific things that are a must-see (besides the chance to witness revenge)?

Thanks,
Tom

"We'll do it this time."
Old 06-05-14, 03:54 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Texas BBQ is the best BBQ in the world (IT IS KNOWN!), and the best BBQ in the state is right here in Central Texas.

All true central Texans are Spurs fans, and all true Texans love BBQ, so it is not a stretch to say that a real Spursything to do is drive up about 30 minutes NE of San Antonio to Lockhart which is the BBQ Capital of Texas (despite what some people might say, that California hipster overrun city formerly known as Austin has not taken the crown).

There are three places in Lockhart to go, Smitty's, Kreuz's, and Black's. Now, I would just say try all 3, I've done it before and it was Glorious, but if you are going to try one, you have a big decision to make. Smitty's and Kruez's used to be the 1 and 1a of Texas BBQ with Smitty's taking the crown because of it's genuine 1930s atmosphere. unfortunately the quality its meat has not been as good. the first time I went to Lockhart I went to blacks because it was Sunday and all the other joints were closed.I wasn't impressed and haven't been back since but now many people are saying it has the best brisket in Lockhart.I'm going to have to try them soon. I went to kruezs after returning from Austin last Sunday and it was really good.

If you like meat make sure you take the time to do this. It will be some of the best food you've ever eaten. I always try to take my out-of-town relatives when they come to San Antonio.

Last edited by b1gdon; 06-05-14 at 03:58 AM.
Old 06-05-14, 06:09 AM
SR Team Goof

I've lived in San Antonio/Schertz for over 25 years and have never been to Lockhart before. After reading your post, my wife and I will have to journey up there for a taste. I'll have to wait til I get back from Italy to do it though, my stomach is already growling.
Old 06-05-14, 08:30 AM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomk213 View Post
Thanks, I'll keep looking at the resale site. The prices are much easier to stomach knowing that my friends around here can't find Stanley Cup tickets for under $900.

Also, I already have a list of things to do in San Antonio, but can anyone recommend any Spurs-specific things that are a must-see (besides the chance to witness revenge)?

Thanks,
Tom

"We'll do it this time."
Second the Lockhart barbecue thing.

Not Spurs-specific, but sort of NBA related-- Shaq goes to Lulu's bakery & cafe when he's in town (of course he went to HS here) for the chicken fried steak (you can get it with queso) and massive cinnamon rolls.
Old 06-05-14, 05:01 PM
SpursReport Rookie

You guys had me at brisket and chicken fried steak. Man this is going to be an awesome trip
Old 06-05-14, 05:22 PM
The Master Baiter

There's game 1 tickets for resale on spurs.com starting at $130 per seat in the nosebleeds. That's probably as cheap as they're going to get.
Old 06-05-14, 05:44 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Looking fr game 5 tickets myself. Tickets not on sale yet but once they are count me in baby. Go spurs go !!!

- Confucius
Old 06-06-14, 12:10 AM
SpursReport Team Member

If you go to Smitty's, you'll absolutely understand why Texans have no problem working in the heat.
Old 06-08-14, 02:49 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Everything's been awesome so far, heading to the stadium soon, any recommendations for pre-game festivities (bars, outdoor spots, etc)?