News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-16-14, 05:08 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

No Serge Ibaka for OKC-Spurs Series?

I saw him go down and go to the locker room during the closeout game vs the Clippers, now this from Express-News:

Oklahoma City could be dealing with a key injury of its own after shot-blocking forward Serge Ibaka, the lynchpin of the defensive pressure that has given the Spurs so much trouble in recent seasons, left Thursdayís game against the Clippers with an undisclosed calf injury. His status was not known as of 1 a.m. this morning.

San Antonio Spurs News, Scores, Stats & Analysis – Spurs Nation Ľ Oklahoma City advances, earns rematch with Spurs in Western finals
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-16-14, 09:44 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Awww man... That sucks if that's the case!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-16-14, 09:54 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

We need to beat this team at their full strength!
Old 05-16-14, 10:02 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAD View Post
We need to beat this team at their full strength!
Hell nah.....I hope he never comes back. Yeah, I said it! I'll take every advantage we can get ....FTT
Old 05-16-14, 11:39 AM
SpursReport Rookie

I'd rather play the Thunder without Ibaka. At full strength the Spurs went 0-4 against them. I don't want any part of Ibaka.
Old 05-16-14, 11:44 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

No Ibaka = no chance.

Personally, I don't care who they have. We have to beat them either way.
Old 05-16-14, 12:13 PM
SR Team Goof

We have to beat them with or without Ibaka. Ibaka is just one weapon in the OKC arsenal and I'm sure he'll recover and be there to play. We still have to find a way to stop Durant, Westbrook and especially Reggie Jackson, who seems to spark them off the bench and has career games against the Spurs. And to add to that the fact we have an injury of our own in Parker and we donít really know the full extent of, so itís even steven so far. The 0-4 regular season record will be left at the door as the playoffs are the start of the new season and OKC stands between us and the Finals. Time to move forward.
Old 05-16-14, 12:36 PM
SpursReport Team Member

We've had to deal with our own injuries in the past... If he doesn't play, I could care less... We need every advantage... Iwant to see Spurs vs Heat... Can't wait!
Old 05-16-14, 06:18 PM
Official SR Home Builder

IBAKA TO MISS REMAINDER OF PLAYOFFS WITH CALF INJURY

Posted by Paul Garcia on May 16, 2014 17:13

The Oklahoma City Thunder announced Friday evening forward Serge Ibaka will miss the remainder of the 2013-2014 postseason with a left calf injury.

Here is what Thunder General Manager Sam Presti had to say regarding the news via the Thunder press release:

“We are obviously disappointed for Serge, as he is a tremendous competitor, and we know how badly he wants to be on the court with his teammates,” said Thunder Executive Vice President and General Manager Sam Presti. “At this point it is important that our team directs its concentration and energy towards preparation and execution for our upcoming series. As with all teams, our group has confronted different challenges. It is our collective experience that we will call on to ensure that we play to our capabilities.”

Read more...
Old 05-16-14, 06:18 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

NBA.com is now announcing that Ibaka is done for the playoffs.
Old 05-16-14, 06:21 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Ibaka will miss rest of playoffs with calf injury -- CBS Sports

Serge Ibaka will miss remainder of playoffs with calf injury - CBSSports.com

Last edited by Kiko Martinez; 05-16-14 at 06:21 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-16-14, 06:21 PM
The Master Baiter

Oh well. How many times have the Spurs had injuries that kept them from winning? Plenty. I'm not going to assume it will be much easier for the Spurs, but Ibaka caused Parker to play scared to penetrate.
Old 05-16-14, 06:38 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

So the Clippers did serve a purpose! Fruit cakes for all of them!
Old 05-16-14, 06:41 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
And you burned your hat.

Old 05-16-14, 06:42 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
Oh well. How many times have the Spurs had injuries that kept them from winning? Plenty. I'm not going to assume it will be much easier for the Spurs, but Ibaka caused Parker to play scared to penetrate.
Neither am I. A Spurs injury could occur at any time and Collison will step up and play very nasty.

Old 05-16-14, 06:45 PM
SpursReport Team Member

No ibaka or harden for thunder, no Jackson or Neal for Spurs. I can live with that.
Old 05-16-14, 07:02 PM
SR Team Goof

Heartbreak Hotel. It's sad that a player n a contending team goes does during the playoffs and before the season ends, but that's the way it goes sometimes. Stay healthy Spurs.
Old 05-16-14, 07:37 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
No ibaka or harden for thunder, no Jackson or Neal for Spurs. I can live with that.
Yup...and add Reggie Jackson, Caron Butler, and Steven Adams to the Thunder and add Belinelli and basically Mills to the Spurs. Plus take into account that Leonard is much better now, and Splitter, Green, and Diaw are better now. And for the Thunder Fisher's usage has declined (I say usage because I don't know if it is his ability, or just due to Jackson's increased role...I don't know...I don't follow the Thunder).

How much better do we feel Durant and Westbrook are now than then, and how much better or worse do we feel Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili are?
Old 05-16-14, 08:17 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Marc J. Spears: Presti said Ibaka's injury is in the plantaris part of the calf. Twitter @SpearsNBAYahoo

Darnell Mayberry: Presti: "The recovery process is lengthy because the re-injury risk is exceptionally high." Twitter @DarnellMayberry
Old 05-16-14, 08:31 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I maintain you need talent, good match ups, scheduling and last of all a little bit of luck to go all the way. Maybe this is part of our good luck. Mr. Jones, do you have any fruit cake left over?
Old 05-16-14, 09:11 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurd_On View Post
And you burned your hat.

I did. It really helped with starting my characols for dinner! Chicken tasted excellent.
Old 05-16-14, 09:16 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by clovisnmspurfan View Post
I maintain you need talent, good match ups, scheduling and last of all a little bit of luck to go all the way. Maybe this is part of our good luck. Mr. Jones, do you have any fruit cake left over?
Sorry I don't, I gave the extra one to the best point guard in the league... He needed it to eat while he watches all those cool commercials he's been making instead of working on his game.... Hahaha!
Old 05-16-14, 11:06 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Meh...
Who the Freak Cares if Serge Ibaka played or not..
ERRRR Except the THUNDER themselves since the will be now thin at their frontcourt. And that should shake their confidence! Serge IMO is just a role player but his emotional lift he gives them will be gone and that would be huge!

Still I expect other Thunder players to step up and play better.
And my ENTIRE SPURS TEAM to play as if there is no tomorrow!
WE take it to the NEXT LEVEL now Fellas!
Spurs will RULE!
Spurs will be on FIRE and it dont matter who plays from okc thunder!

Go Spurs Go!
Old 05-17-14, 02:53 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gdon View Post
I would take that Jax though from that series to be honest, his huge shot in game one late secured the win from three and his game 6 was one for the ages, he is one of the few that showed up. I would take someone in his shoes to do just that again and definitely would take no Ibaka and Harden! That part there makes me happy.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 05-17-14, 03:15 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurscrazed View Post
Meh...
Who the Freak Cares if Serge Ibaka played or not..
ERRRR Except the THUNDER themselves since the will be now thin at their frontcourt. And that should shake their confidence! Serge IMO is just a role player but his emotional lift he gives them will be gone and that would be huge!

Still I expect other Thunder players to step up and play better.
And my ENTIRE SPURS TEAM to play as if there is no tomorrow!
WE take it to the NEXT LEVEL now Fellas!
Spurs will RULE!
Spurs will be on FIRE and it dont matter who plays from okc thunder!

Go Spurs Go!
Ibaka is a little bit more than a role player. The Thunder chose to keep and pay him the all star money instead of Harden. He is the center of that team's entire defensive scheme. Luck plays a role in almost every champion's run. Now is the time we need to step up and take advantage.
Old 05-17-14, 03:35 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

I just hope the Spurs read this right as Ibaka was a thorn as he physically harassed Tony, Tim and anybody who went inside. And instead of being smart and disciplined we continued to try and outplay his physical shot blocking abilities. The Thunder will put who ever there and tell them to do the same thing and the Spurs need to move the ball in and out and be disciplined otherwise no Ibaka will not help. And if Ibaka was there we should plan the same thing! Miami is watching us.....
Old 05-17-14, 06:19 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Ibaka is a little bit more than a role player. The Thunder chose to keep and pay him the all star money instead of Harden. He is the center of that team's entire defensive scheme. Luck plays a role in almost every champion's run. Now is the time we need to step up and take advantage.
Agreed and he is on top of that a player who once shot 11 of 11 against us while locking us down to take us from 2 - 0 up to 4-2 out...... I think we should think of him as more than a role player
Old 05-17-14, 12:01 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Sorry I don't, I gave the extra one to the best point guard in the league... He needed it to eat while he watches all those cool commercials he's been making instead of working on his game.... Hahaha!
I can live with that, Go Spurs Go!!
Old 05-17-14, 01:32 PM
SpursReport 2010 And 2014 Pick The Winner Champion

This is part of basketball, thatīs why Pop regulated minutes all year long, and why Ibaka has 88 games played this year over 30 minutes a night
Old 05-17-14, 06:58 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Quote:

OK I will give him no more than "a little bit" more than a role player. Mainly because of his rebounding and his defense and shot blocking ability.

As for scoring the reason he hit those shots was that he would be wide open most of the times when we are covering KD or RWestbrook.

No disrespect for Serge but he is not an all star . He is simply the beneficiary for KD and RW. And yes he is a big part of OKC schemes however....

Now the last thing I wanted to point out that Spurs would be lucky that he is not there and start thinking that OKC would be easy to beat without Serge.

I think other OKC players would step up now but that is not necessarily an advantage for Spurs because other OKC players could step up and take over what Serge was beneficiary off..

Bottom Line. Spurs must prepare for anything because anything could happen when a very well coached NBA team as OKC who have KD and RW can do!
Old 05-17-14, 08:21 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I'm not even convinced serge will be out the entire series...
Old 05-17-14, 10:14 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Quote:

Old 05-19-14, 11:02 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyDthaWay2B View Post
I'm not even convinced serge will be out the entire series...
i was thinking the same...
Old 05-19-14, 11:30 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Agreed. I can see a Willis Reed type of entrance for Ibaka. Maybe it doesn't happend in SA but, depending on how the series stands, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in Games 3 or 4 in OKC. Emotional lift for an already raucous environment.