News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-14, 05:04 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Spurs on a collision course to face their demons.

They're on their to dispatching the first regular season demon... Now it looks like OKC will be there to haunt our team. Last time we saw them in the playoffs we were crushing all oppositions and had a 2 game lead on them till they ran off 4 in a row. And ever since then they've been a railroad stake in our sides. And we had home court a advantage. And if we manage to put that demon to rest, Miami most likely will be there at the end. Our guys are going to have to continue to raise their level to get through this treacherous path to get that 5th title.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-11-14, 05:21 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
They're on their to dispatching the first regular season demon... Now it looks like OKC will be there to haunt our team. Last time we saw them in the playoffs we were crushing all oppositions and had a 2 game lead on them till they ran off 4 in a row. And ever since then they've been a railroad stake in our sides. And we had home court a advantage. And if we manage to put that demon to rest, Miami most likely will be there at the end. Our guys are going to have to continue to raise their level to get through this treacherous path to get that 5th title.
DAMN...... I stopped watching and thought the Thunder had iced it!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-11-14, 05:35 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I am hoping to merely face the lesser deamon Clippers.
Old 05-11-14, 06:42 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
I am hoping to merely face the lesser deamon Clippers.

Doesn't matter to me. We have to beat the best best to be the best. Quite frankly, I am confident we can beat either team. The clippers look like the lesser of the two teams but OKC showed today they don't have that killer instinct and that they rely too heavily on their starters. Bench didn't give much and I know some here have said the bench is overrated in the playoffs, but I don't believe that. Pop will be playing his rotations and the guys who play defense will be the ones playing regularly. I am glad because it looks like that series will be going the distance so rest is welcomed (if we close out by game 5) and having extensive prep time for either team.

- Confucius
Old 05-11-14, 06:52 PM
The Master Baiter

The key to beating the Thunder is Tony. When they beat the Spurs, Tony is afraid to penetrate and just passes off, and he's not hitting his midrange shot. But if hits his midrangers consistently, which he has been so far, they have to honor it and come out of the paint a little. Tony opens it up for everybody. I hope he remembers that.
Old 05-11-14, 07:44 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I would rather face LAC over OKC. Durant is hard to cover. Westbrook may be the most athletic guy in the league. Plus bench guy Jackson seems to go off on SA. That said, OKC no longer has Harden who murdered SA 2 years ago. Also OKC does not seemed as focused as evident by the LAC comeback win.
Old 05-12-14, 08:41 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

Agree Uwe and the reason TP holds back in going inside is OKC really really hammers him and even our bigs with Ibaka etc.

Same thing happened against the Lakers when we were cruising 2-0 and then went to LA and Jackass had them just maul Tony inside. we lost on the .04sec which may have never happened had we won 1 up there.
Old 05-12-14, 10:49 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

As long as KD allows Westbrook to hog the ball and take stupid shots to end critical games then there is always a chance to beat OKC.
Old 05-12-14, 12:46 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Great thread title. My demon is having to stay up for west coast games. I'd rather they play the Thunder.
Old 05-12-14, 12:55 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurd_On View Post
Great thread title. My demon is having to stay up for west coast games. I'd rather they play the Thunder.
That's my biggest issue is that late start. If we get LA then it's 7 o'clock tip time unless both western and eastern conference air on different days. I'd take my chances with LA cause they don't have a guy on that team that we can't guard 1 on 1.
Old 05-12-14, 08:19 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I prefer the thunder. We are really familiar with the matchup and again a healthy Parker is the key. With the clippers they have too many players that can present unfamiliar match ups. I'll take my chances with what we know plus it's payback time!!! I don't want any excuses once we beat OKC and Miami
Old 05-13-14, 06:54 AM
SpursReport Rookie

I honestly rather us play and beat the Thunder who have been a thorn in the Spurs ass ever since they came into the NBA. And yes, to be the best we have to beat the best. Imagine how more memorable it would be especially for our big man Tim who is on the verge of retiring. Makes me wanna cry just thinking about it. lol But yea aside from last nights game, haha, i want my Spurs to face the Thunder in the next round, ifffff we beat Portland that is. Anyway, if we run into trouble we could always put Tony on Durant. hahahahaha GO SPURS GO!!!!!