News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-11-14, 12:40 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Could really see Duncan play till 40?

At this rate and the time management of his minutes, why not. If the Spurs can somehow get another special guy, Gibson, Gasol, Monroe or even Randolph. And really cut his minutes.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-11-14, 02:04 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

hell, if he were willing to come off the bench for a couple of years and play 12 to 14 mpg, I could see him playing until he was 43 like Robert Parish. It all depends on his desire to compete and how his body feels.
Old 05-11-14, 08:29 PM
The Master Baiter

He's easily the best big on the team and will be until they bring another one in. So yes he could play beyond 40.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-12-14, 02:49 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I don't know if the return on investment is there at 40+ for Duncan. He would be putting in tons of workouts, travel time away from kids, etc for ~15MPG. It's not like he's hanging around still waiting for a championship ring. Also, it probably hurts the Spurs a little as well, keeping them from moving on to the next group of players, similar to Favre and Green Bay. Lastly, it's not like you can just pay him 3Mil/yr since he won't be playing that many minutes. His cost for time played will be at a premium due to his history with the franchise, and I think that may hurt the Spurs future as well.

That being said, if Tim wants to play until he's 43 for 3Mil/yr getting as many minutes as he can tolerate while still being effective, then hell yeah let him play.
Old 05-12-14, 05:42 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

The divorce I'm thinking factors into it. Tim has his kids but his family in a sense is Tony, Manu, and Pop. I think he at least sticks around one more year, and maybe two.
Old 05-12-14, 08:15 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Once the spurs win this championship I believe he will ride into the sunset. It will be a very difficult decision for him but I believe he would want to spend time with his kids and his girlfriend!!