News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-14, 02:34 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Gotta love Mark Jackson for telling it like it is

Recently-fired Warriors coach Mark Jackson did a bit of a media tour on Wednesday, the day after he was relieved of his coaching duties of a team he took to only a few points away from the second round of the NBA Playoffs this season. In case you somehow didnít have a chance to listen to everything, weíve compiled the most interesting things he said: During an appearance on 95.7 The Game:

"I wake up absolutely relieved. Because thereís no more unnamed sources that can affect me. I donít have to answer the question that others wonít answer. I can speak clearly about who I am and how I conduct myself. Itís unfortunate, because everything that the unnamed sources said Ė that I was done if I did not get out of the first round, that there was friction, that there was this and there was that Ė and there was claimed to be no unnamed sources.

Well, itís come out true. The unfortunate thing is I go in an office with an owner and a general manager, just us three, and while in our office itís tweeted out that Iím in a meeting and Iím about to be fired, thatís not how you conduct business. And if thatís how business relationships are supposed to be done well then theyíre 100% right, I did not conduct business the right way if thatís the right way. And thatís unfortunate.

Mark Jackson woke up ‘relieved’ after being fired | For The Win
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-08-14, 02:37 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Here's a warning for the Warriors: Of the six teams that made the playoffs last season and changed coaches over the summer, only two -- the Clippers and Brooklyn Nets -- went deeper into the playoffs this season. Another warning: Some people around the NBA have taken notice of the way things went down and view the Warriors as a team that doesn't prioritize winning.

NBA: The highs and lows of NBA life - ESPN
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-08-14, 02:53 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

The Warriors nearly knocked out the Clippers DESPITE not having Andrew Bogut available for the whole series due to injury. Sucks to be Mark, but not for long. Unlike Avery Johnson, I think this guy will end up coaching somewhere else soon. He is the real deal.
Old 05-08-14, 09:49 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

Love his frankness and insight - GS is going downhill even if Kerr signs on.
Old 05-08-14, 10:04 AM
SR Team Goof

Seems to me that the Warrior FO had a timeline for immediate results and Coach Jackson’s time ran out. Add that Mark Jackson has a special way to communicate with his players and is able to get the maximum output from them, and his players loved playing for him. Golden State, under Jackson’s leadership, became a scary team to play against, fun to watch and a definite threat in the league. Good luck Warrior management in finding a new coach who can gain his new players trust and be able to hit the ground running to a better record and playing environment. I’m afraid the Warrior FO may have gotten the league’s attention as to their agenda, but Golden State needs to also be able to sell their new product and coach to the public and their paying customers and retain their trust and following. Funny how you don’t realize how good you had it until you lose it. Lotsa ruck, Golden State, you committed a foul by dropping the ball. Instead of firing Jackson, you should have extended his contract.

Adios Coach Jackson, I’m sure you’ll find employment quickly and probably with a team that will be more patient with you, with players who are anxious to know what it’s like to have a winning season and what they need to do to achieve it. You did everything right and got results that the Oakland fans saw and loved. Too bad your former bosses had their own agenda and were watching with blinders on.
Old 05-08-14, 10:45 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Hear hear! Well said!
Old 05-08-14, 10:48 AM
SpursReport Rookie

I think, he had an unsolicited or maybe unintended type of relationship with some of his players (curry) he is a very religious individual and i can respect that, but not everybody wants to bring personal beliefs into the workplace. and whether we like it or not if he brushed upper management the wrong way, you really cant do that. Me, personally, I didn't think he was a good coach, got very lucky beating denver last year and were riding high in the second round with us, and this year lost agaisnt the clippers first round (suxs) but his team should had been higher seed and it is why they saw the clipps and i dont think Kerr is the answer either
Old 05-08-14, 11:00 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

I don't see how Kerr could be the answer for any high profile program. I just don't. Maybe I'm wrong, and I often am.
Old 05-08-14, 11:03 AM
SpursReport 2010 And 2014 Pick The Winner Champion

Each and every year he managed to get his team to a better record. He endured injuries to important players on the team.
Heīll find a new team soon enough.
I can see him in New York getting back the hunger, or with the Lakers getting better results than DīAntoni.
Old 05-08-14, 12:00 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpur View Post
I don't see how Kerr could be the answer for any high profile program. I just don't. Maybe I'm wrong, and I often am.
To show you where the Golden State management head is at, they think theyíll dip from the same well and come out with the golden goose, again. They must think the coaching pool starts with TV broadcast analysts who are former NBA players that have no coaching experience and will be immediate successes. They got lucky once. Iíd recommend they borrow either my 2 headed coin or shaking my Ďmagicí 8 ball. Wow, I want what theyíre smoking because I donít see the logic.

Old 05-08-14, 04:48 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I do not think that Mark Jackson is a good coach. I don't see that his players are any better than last year. I don't see them as being a disciplined group nor see them having a clear plan of attack.

What was GSW supposed to do this year? Win a title? LOL. 6th in the west was pretty good for them. 4th or above would have been over achieving. The Front Office needs to wake up. Although I don't think Mark Jackson was great, he DID make the warriors better than they were before. I am sure he will get another chance somewhere else. Good look to him.
Old 05-08-14, 04:57 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealMadrid12 View Post
I think, he had an unsolicited or maybe unintended type of relationship with some of his players (curry) he is a very religious individual and i can respect that, but not everybody wants to bring personal beliefs into the workplace. and whether we like it or not if he brushed upper management the wrong way, you really cant do that. Me, personally, I didn't think he was a good coach, got very lucky beating denver last year and were riding high in the second round with us, and this year lost agaisnt the clippers first round (suxs) but his team should had been higher seed and it is why they saw the clipps and i dont think Kerr is the answer either
Who were they better than that was seeded above them?

Ugh this is going to backfire and whether or not Jackson is to blame, even though the Dubs didn't have as tough a time as the Spurs do at attracting big time free agents, they will now.

It is a sad day to have the W's as your second-favorite team. My greatest solace is I'm a Spurs fan first and a W's fan second.

Old 05-08-14, 06:52 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Tim Kawakami: Things can always change, but what I'm hearing on the Warriors coaching search is that this will take some time. I'll interpret that as: If Steve Kerr is ready to take a job ASAP, it won't be the Warriors. But again, things can change swiftly. Twitter @timkawakami
Old 05-08-14, 11:13 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpur View Post
True...

Old 05-10-14, 03:19 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Steve Kerr hasn’t decided yet whether he’ll become the head coach of the Knicks. But if he ends up in New York, Kerr will have a strong supporter in Amar'e Stoudemire. “I like Steve Kerr. For one, when he was a GM (in Phoenix, when Stoudemire was with the Suns) he was always preaching about winning and winning a title and that's something that I adored about him,” Stoudemire said earlier this week on “The Herd with Colin Cowherd” on ESPN Radio. “And then also, secondly, he has a formula to win; he's been a winner in this league before. He wants to win. And he reminds me of somewhat of a player-coach that knows the game and knows what players go through as far as ups and downs throughout the year and that's going to help him.”

Amar'e 'adored' Kerr in Phoenix - Knicks Blog - ESPN New York
Old 05-12-14, 09:38 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

The Warriors were my upset pick preseason. I blew it. Apparently the owners thought Jackson blew it as well so I have no room to comment further. All I have to say to the Warriors front office is tone down that gawd awful bright yellow so that I don't have to wear shades every time I watch a game on their home court.

Last edited by Spurd_On; 05-12-14 at 09:43 PM.
Old 05-17-14, 09:20 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Chris Mannix: Stan Van Gundy told me he hopes to sit down with Pop and RC Buford in the coming months. Pick their brains on their successful tandem. Twitter @ChrisMannixSI