News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-07-14, 09:16 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

RC Buford Executive of the Year!

FINALLY!

http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/140507...ve_of_the_year

$

Last edited by Money4Nothing; 05-07-14 at 09:21 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-07-14, 09:30 AM
Official SR Home Builder

Congratulations to RC! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overdue.
Old 05-07-14, 10:36 AM
SR Team Goof

It’s about freaking time. You would think he would have been selected the first or any subsequent time when the Spurs organization was recognized as being the best franchise in all sports. But along with this recognition comes new job offers from other sports franchises vying for RC’s services. I’d hate to see RC go, should that happen. He and Pop together have put the Spurs on the map.

Congrats RC, it’s been a long time coming, amigo.
"I'm always amazed to hear of victims so badly mutilated that they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can't understand is, if they don't know who you are, how do they know who your dentist is?" - Paul Merton
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-07-14, 11:14 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Considering that the Spurs operate from a blueprint other teams have been imitating for years, it's amazing that RC has never won this award before.

Congratulations, sir. I suspect that he and Pop use these trophies as bathroom doorstops.
Old 05-07-14, 12:20 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Congrats RC! This only confirms what we already knew 10 years ago... better late than never.
Old 05-07-14, 06:39 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Jabari Young ‏@jabari_young: A young R.C. Buford...look at him, hustling with Larry Brown... #Spurs pic.twitter.com/cqHp2Hexm5

Old 05-07-14, 06:41 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Link to RC video:

RC Buford 2013-14 NBA Executive of the Year | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE SAN ANTONIO SPURS
Old 05-07-14, 11:54 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

FINALLY!!

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!!!

WAY OVERDUE SERIOUSLY!
I almost had a TEAR of JOY in my eye when I heard this today!
Bout time this MAN to win that award!

Cant be more thrilled for this HUMBLE CLASS ACT RC!

Congrats to you our very own RC!
Pop had a lot to do with RC being here so in a way Thanks to POP for working along with RC to help this franchise sustain this level of Success and stay competitive despite the small market and the continuous challenges for such difficult SW Div in such a tough Western Conf NBA franchise.

We are so DARN LUCKY to have such a SAVVY GM!
My hat tips off to you Mr. RC!

RC's LEGACY will always be stamped in this Franchise and he will be much so remembered as a HUGE reason for this franchise success for so many years!

The day he retires or leaves us will be so sad for me. IMO he most will leave us or retire once HOF coach Pop retires!

Thanks for all the GREAT WORK you put in this organization Mr. RC. Finally you got one of those trophies to give some very due recognition to ya!
You Rock on so many levels Man!
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 05-08-14, 07:51 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Congrats to RC he has just gone about it without a need to promote himself and now others are finally doing the work for him.

One factoid that stood out to show his and Pops skill in forming and coaching this team was:
"Of the 16 teams that qualified for this year’s playoffs, San Antonio was the lone team with only one Top 10 draft pick on its roster."

Nothing else needs to be said.
Old 05-08-14, 11:51 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kager View Post
Congrats to RC he has just gone about it without a need to promote himself and now others are finally doing the work for him.

One factoid that stood out to show his and Pops skill in forming and coaching this team was:
"Of the 16 teams that qualified for this yearís playoffs, San Antonio was the lone team with only one Top 10 draft pick on its roster."

Nothing else needs to be said.