News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-14, 03:34 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Oh great, this is just what his ego needs

Sources say Universal Pictures is nearing a deal to acquiring the rights to an untitled feature project revolving around NBA superstar LeBron James high school career. An aggressive bidding war has seen several studios vying for the film. Dallas Buyers Club producer Rachel Winter and husband Terence will produce along with James and his manager Maverick Carter.

(Lets hope the Spurs can deflate that ego just a tiny bit by redeeming themselves in the finals this year)

Universal Nears Deal for Film Based on LeBron James High School Story | Variety
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-06-14, 08:59 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

dont know... our only improvement from last year (bellinelli, mills) just dissapeared in PO... and big 3 is a year older...
Old 05-06-14, 09:21 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanCaca View Post
dont know... our only improvement from last year (bellinelli, mills) just dissapeared in PO... and big 3 is a year older...

Not sure what you're talking about because mills started to play better in that series. Far too soon to judge bellinelli in the playoffs. This series is better suited for what he excels at. Portland won't be up on him the way Dallas was. I have more confidence in our backup pg than at any time within the past 4-5 years. If you think Corey Joseph or Neal were better as Parker's backup, you're in the minority trust me. And Manu..... Seems like the Manu of old thus far. I need to see it this series to truly feel that way. But this season looks rejuvenated and fresh. Our team is much better this year and while I respect what you think, I know my spurs will be there at the end.

- Confucius
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-06-14, 09:21 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanCaca View Post
Atleast Mills has shown some life.. I have a feeling he will show more in this next series
Old 05-06-14, 10:12 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

listen... i really hope they show up and play like when they won 19 in a row...

but this dallas series rises many concerns to me... i really hope im wrong and they wake up and take the west...
Old 05-06-14, 03:33 PM
SR Team Goof

The Spurs better bring their A-game in this series because the Blazers are 9-1 in their last 10 games while the Spurs are just 6-4. They had better limit their turnovers or Portland will eat their lunch.

As for the Universal Picture feature project concerning James, I'll wait til it comes out on DVD and ignore it as I do anything concerning him.
Old 05-06-14, 03:45 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Don't forget to download the LeBron app on Samsung!

$
Old 05-06-14, 04:52 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

or turn the lebron channel on your satellite TV
Old 05-06-14, 04:56 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
The Spurs better bring their A-game in this series because the Blazers are 9-1 in their last 10 games while the Spurs are just 6-4.
Which of the Houston victories doesn't count as a loss?
Old 05-06-14, 06:04 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money4Nothing View Post
Don't forget to download the LeBron app on Samsung!

$
Doesn't that just simply make you sick?
Old 05-06-14, 06:45 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Sick of hearing about Lebroom! Man this guy is so conceited! What a waste of space!
Old 05-07-14, 12:45 AM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyspursfan View Post
Which of the Houston victories doesn't count as a loss?
Good catch, Katy. I misread the info provided on the nba.com/gameline schedule provided at pregame on 6May which actually reflects the last 10 games of the 'regular' season. The site reflects the same info for the 2nd series game against Portland at the site below.

Scores and Schedules | NBA.com

Old 05-07-14, 02:07 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

One can only hope that some day someone makes a genuinely interesting movie about someone like Tim Duncan or Manu Ginobili.
Old 05-07-14, 03:23 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpur View Post
One can only hope that some day someone makes a genuinely interesting movie about someone like Tim Duncan or Manu Ginobili.
They have:

Old 05-07-14, 07:32 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Miami, if not worse, is not better than last year. But we're. Remember, the gap between us and Miami was only 1 rebound.

We replaced Neal with Mills and Belinelli. Today against Portland they showed their qualities.But Miami they couldn't replace Mike Miller. Mike Miller was the x-factor last year's final.

Yes we have hard time against Dallas, but the play-offs are a matter of match-ups. Some teams can match good against some others. We need game 7 to eleminate Dallas but maybe we can pass Portland in 5.
Old 05-07-14, 09:52 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

The Tim Duncan app is just a screensaver and a game of solitaire.

$
Old 05-07-14, 10:18 AM
2012 Eastern Conference Champion

OMG!!!! Did LeBron sell his soul to the devil to reach this kind of success?
Old 05-07-14, 10:46 AM
SR Team Goof

What the fabulous film submitted above doesn’t show, which I assume was edited out, is when the camera did eventually pan to the right and show the 4 Larry O’Brien NBA Championship trophies the Spurs have won during TD and Manu’s tenure in San Antonio. I love that nice green background – got to be a snub to the Celtics and their loss during the 1997 NBA draft. Nice touch.
Old 05-07-14, 11:32 AM
The Master Baiter

It seems like he would be a likable guy, but then you see his face everywhere and you get sick of it. Either he's got some people "advising" him on how to market himself, or his ego really is that big.