News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 04-26-14, 06:25 PM
SpursReport Rookie

another way to lose!

Somehow, some way, the Spurs always seem to find another way to lose when it seems they have the game won, just gut wrenching!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-26-14, 06:29 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkp65 View Post
Somehow, some way, the Spurs always seem to find another way to lose when it seems they have the game won, just gut wrenching!!

A loss is a loss. Great shot by carter but the game shouldn't have come down to that. A couple of notes. For as many steals Kawhi had (5), I thought his 3 point defense was to lax at times. Secondly, monte Ellis and one should not have counted because he instituted the foul with pushing off Boris with the elbow. And lastly Manu was fouled on the right elbow on his potential game winning shot and should have been an and one. But I digress, game 4 isn't do or die but we do need to win. Pop will summon his men to treat it like a game 7. Show game 6 of last years finals again and see how they react dammit

- Confucius
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-26-14, 06:41 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Mavericks have benefitted from some good bounces so far in this series.

At the same time, I agree with previous posts, that we have yet to play 48 minutes of real defense in a game.

Last edited by tenthousandaces; 04-26-14 at 06:45 PM.
Old 04-26-14, 06:44 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Great shot by Vince. Now all the momentum is with the Mavs, and all the "Pressure" that comes with it. Game four should be a great one.

Last edited by rooster; 04-26-14 at 06:47 PM.
Old 04-26-14, 06:44 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I thought either both Manu and Ellis should have had and 1's or neither, but both had similar contact and Ellis got an extra FT and Manu didn't. I hate that the NBA says anything that happens the last 10 seconds of a game is fair game.
Old 04-26-14, 06:54 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster View Post
Great shot by Vince. Now all the momentum is with the Mavs, and all the "Pressure" that comes with it. Game four should be a great one.

Not sure the pressure is with them. They have played better than us thus far this series and we are really lucky to not be down 3-0. If we tie it in game 4, this will all be a blip in our radar. I am happy that we are working for it. Will only make us better IMO. I know I sound crazy saying that but role players and the bench need to step up. I was happy to see Diaw being more aggressive. Progression is being made. We were down in turnovers but Marion should not be left wide open for threes, Kawhi should be getting at least 5 shots in post when Ellis is guarding him and pop needs to implement a gameplan for Calderon on screens and pick and rolls (tony cannot continuously allow him open looks)

- Confucius
Old 04-26-14, 07:04 PM
The Master Baiter

All defensive lapses that can be corrected. That and one of the three point shooters to start hitting. Even Bonner contributed more than Patty Mills.
Old 04-26-14, 07:07 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Like I have been saying. No need to panic. Adversity is needed and will pay dividends for our roster. Show game 6 of the finals last year again and let the boys run wild

- Confucius
Old 04-26-14, 07:15 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Pressure is on the Mavs now they must win game four or winning today means nothing. once again Vince hit a great shot, it doesn't do any good blaming our players if you want to put the blame on someone blame "POP". After all he is the lead Dog.
Old 04-26-14, 07:25 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Idk bout y'all but spurs are just going back to times where it was the big 3 and not what made them sucessful this year. Mills, Diaw, Belinelli, and Green all contributed towards a win. We are not using them and for the life of me I can't figure out why we're not exploiting Leonard on the post. We need team basketball and movement to the rim to win. Dallas is doing what OKC did 2 years ago to beat us. What a waste of best record. Let's go spurs get it together!!!!
Old 04-26-14, 07:27 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgar37 View Post
Idk bout y'all but spurs are just going back to times where it was the big 3 and not what made them sucessful this year. Mills, Diaw, Belinelli, and Green all contributed towards a win. We are not using them and for the life of me I can't figure out why we're not exploiting Leonard on the post. We need team basketball and movement to the rim to win. Dallas is doing what OKC did 2 years ago to beat us. What a waste of best record. Let's go spurs get it together!!!!

Kawhi will be MVP in game 4. Pop will be calling his name in the post for sure. And when Carlisle decides to double, bingo!!!! Space for our shooters and welcome mills, green and Marco to the series and slashing to the rim.

- Confucius
Old 04-26-14, 08:04 PM
SpursReport Rookie

What has happen to the TEAM that won 62 games this season? Another thing, what happened to Parker in second half? Also, why is Matt Bonner playing in the playoffs? The guy shouldn't be getting any minutes!

Last edited by bkp65; 04-26-14 at 08:11 PM.
Old 04-26-14, 08:24 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
All defensive lapses that can be corrected. That and one of the three point shooters to start hitting. Even Bonner contributed more than Patty Mills.
so no more splitter hate on defense. and patty will show up this Monday, mark my words and belinelli
Old 04-26-14, 09:10 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthousandaces View Post
Mavericks have benefitted from some good bounces so far in this series.

At the same time, I agree with previous posts, that we have yet to play 48 minutes of real defense in a game.
If by "bounces" you mean whistles, then I agree.

But yes, We need to have the defense show up for the full 48 to win this serious.
Old 04-26-14, 10:33 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Yeah, like the blow to the head Leonard took. Accidental or not...rules state a blow to the head is a flagrant one. Oh yeah, and Manu got hit on the right elbow on his last shot...but I guess the refs don't see that unless your Durant.
Old 04-26-14, 11:39 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
Yeah, like the blow to the head Leonard took. Accidental or not...rules state a blow to the head is a flagrant one. Oh yeah, and Manu got hit on the right elbow on his last shot...but I guess the refs don't see that unless your Durant.
GREAT POINT!
Amen to that!

REFS were just not fair in this game 3!
Very SAD!

I was waiting for Pop to get MAD and get a Technical! Or any of our Spurs to SCREAM LOUD and say his peace and get a Technical but NONE did!

Next game SUCH Non calls should be closely looked into. '
I am hoping to GOD tomorrow morning Pop and the FO will send that tape to the Head of NBA office to review with KLEONARD flagrant foul NON Call.

Go Spurs Go
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 04-26-14, 11:52 PM
SR Team Goof

Yea, the Spurs defense has to step up for 48 minutes a game and stop the endless parade to the basket. The way the Mavs are driving the lane looks like they got the key to the turnstile and overloading the paint. Never thought of Monte Ellis as a driver before but hes had carte blanche access to the hole all 3 games so far.
Old 04-27-14, 12:03 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurduncan21 View Post

A loss is a loss. Great shot by carter but the game shouldn't have come down to that. A couple of notes. For as many steals Kawhi had (5), I thought his 3 point defense was to lax at times. Secondly, monte Ellis and one should not have counted because he instituted the foul with pushing off Boris with the elbow. And lastly Manu was fouled on the right elbow on his potential game winning shot and should have been an and one. But I digress, game 4 isn't do or die but we do need to win. Pop will summon his men to treat it like a game 7. Show game 6 of last years finals again and see how they react dammit
It wasn't just 3pt defense, it was pick and roll defense in general. Monta had way too many open looks in the 4th q of a close game.

Old 04-27-14, 08:34 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackc852 View Post
It wasn't just 3pt defense, it was pick and roll defense in general. Monta had way too many open looks in the 4th q of a close game.

That's true. Just was referring to how lax out 3 pt defense was at times. Pick and roll defense is something pop will hone in on when it comes to Calderon and Ellis. Cannot allow those guys to combine 19-32 and expect to win. Game 4 is ours and being the road team we are, I expect us to play a full 48 minutes. Green needs to score and be on the floor since he's our 2nd best defender. If he's on Calderon or Ellis that allows Kawhi and Parker some time off. We need him to step up big time

- Confucius
Old 04-27-14, 08:40 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Spurscrazed is right about the refs.

Not only should there have been several flagrant calls so far, in particular the blow to Leonard's head that was well-disguised as a block attempt, but also the disgustingly obvious jacks by Blair on Parker driving to the hoop. He wasn't even going for the ball!! And I'm sorry, that type of a foul puts Parker at serious risk for injury.

The biggest problem with these hard fouls is that they really DO take energy and determination AWAY from the Spurs. You can bet that Leonard was thinking twice before driving on Dalembert again. And guess what... after Parker got mugged by Blair for the second time, he didn't drive to the hoop again for a looooong time.

The Mavericks have nothing to lose, so they're fouling hard, and at times dirty. But what do they care? They were supposed to lose this series anyway!
Old 04-27-14, 08:47 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
The foul call for monta ellis at the end where HE initiated the contact with an elbow to the chest and got the and 1 to tie it up. Im not sure I have ever been as mad at a call, other than the brent barry laker 3 foul years ago.... Just a ridiculous call and im pretty sure the ref had a decent view at it.. game changer...
Old 04-27-14, 12:54 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyDthaWay2B View Post
The foul call for monta ellis at the end where HE initiated the contact with an elbow to the chest and got the and 1 to tie it up. Im not sure I have ever been as mad at a call, other than the brent barry laker 3 foul years ago.... Just a ridiculous call and im pretty sure the ref had a decent view at it.. game changer...
Damn,I forgot about that one! Absolute garbage officials. They call that tickie-tack $h!t in the end of a game but they fail to call the obvious excessive contact. So it's ok to block a shot and hammer a guy on the head but if you block a shot and then touch the guys arm it's a foul. They need to hit these refs with large fines until they get their crap together.
Old 04-27-14, 02:33 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyDthaWay2B View Post
I hate that rule in the nba. There is so many times when so offensive player runs into a moving defender on purpose and the foul is called on the defense. It should not be a foul unless the offensive player makes an effort to avoid the defense. Tony does it on fast break sometimes.

Old 04-27-14, 03:58 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Blaming the refs for this series is weak. Spurs have been flat-out terrible.
Old 04-27-14, 07:21 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckennaspur1 View Post
Agree, however it is spelled turrible.
Old 04-28-14, 02:07 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckennaspur1 View Post
Spurs have not played well, but refs have inflated the Mavs' play. The Spurs shouldn't be playing poorly enough to be down 2-1 even with the refs helping the Mavs, but if you factor out bad officiating, the game was close enough to where the Spurs should be ahead 2-1. Still playing fairly poorly, but with more margin for error.
Old 04-28-14, 02:58 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
Spurs have not played well, but refs have inflated the Mavs' play. The Spurs shouldn't be playing poorly enough to be down 2-1 even with the refs helping the Mavs, but if you factor out bad officiating, the game was close enough to where the Spurs should be ahead 2-1. Still playing fairly poorly, but with more margin for error.
Bingo.