News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-14, 12:42 AM
Official SR Home Builder

Game 3 - San Antonio Spurs @ Dallas Mavericks Game Thread (Saturday 3:30)

No. 1 San Antonio Spurs (62-20)

at

No. 8 Dallas Mavericks (49-33)

Mavericks-Spurs Game 3 Playoff Preview

After splitting the first two games, the Dallas Mavericks and the San Antonio Spurs travel to American Airlines Center for Game 3 of the opening-round series. The Mavericks will look to win their second consecutive game of the series after taking Game 2.

It was a completely one-sided game for the Mavericks, who defeated the Spurs 113-92 in Game 2. Shawn Marion played a great game in the win, registering 20 points, five rebounds and three steals. The Mavericks also got a big game from from Monta Ellis who recorded a team-high 21 points. Tim Duncan was the best player for the Spurs in the loss. He had 11 points, seven rebounds and two blocks.
Old 04-26-14, 02:43 AM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

It is SHOWTIME!

MY SPURS will be READY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dang it!
Just DO whatever it takes to get Dat W!!!!

Do it Spurs!
PROVE all doubters how Good Spurs ARE!
Get it Done!
Get MAD! Get ANGRY!
Play TOGETHER as a STRONG SPURS TEAM!
NO TEAM should beat my Spurs!
Give it to Dos Mavs right in Der Filthy American Airline Arena!

Go Spurs Go
Start Rollin!

Spurs 107
Mavs 99

Go Get Spurs W !!!
Old 04-26-14, 10:24 AM
Official Whorry Hater!

Spurs 82
Mavs 80

GO GO

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-26-14, 01:00 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

We better get the win.. If not, not end of the world.. But I sure hate being down 1-2 with another game in Dallas...
Old 04-26-14, 04:21 PM
Official SR Home Builder

Spurs 98
Mavs 89
Old 04-26-14, 05:15 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

END OF 1ST QTR - SPURS 34 - MAVS 27

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-26-14, 05:38 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

END OF 2ND QTR - SPURS 54 - MAVS 59

Old 04-26-14, 06:31 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

END OF 3RD QTR - SPURS 74 - MAVS 77

Old 04-26-14, 07:19 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

FINAL SCORE - SPURS 108 - MAVS 109

Old 04-26-14, 07:20 PM
The Master Baiter

Well folks, that sucked.
Old 04-26-14, 07:25 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

not over, but not looking good.... Danny green, Mills, Marco.. Wake the Fk up....
Old 04-26-14, 07:29 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Feed Kawhi more!!!
Old 04-26-14, 07:55 PM
The Master Baiter

People wonder why rotations are shortened in the playoffs, you see why now.
Old 04-26-14, 08:01 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Calm down uwe. Great shot by carter but pop will make changes. I honestly do not think the mavs can't duplicate their effort again and do not think they win another game. You saw Kawhi and Diaw being more aggressive. That's a step. Now it's Marco, mills and green and then were golden. Let's not panic. Mavs still need 2 more victories. Game 4 will be treated as a game 7 from pop although he'll never admit it.

- Confucius
Old 04-26-14, 08:08 PM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurduncan21 View Post
Calm down uwe. Great shot by carter but pop will make changes. I honestly do not think the mavs can't duplicate their effort again and do not think they win another game. You saw Kawhi and Diaw being more aggressive. That's a step. Now it's Marco, mills and green and then were golden. Let's not panic. Mavs still need 2 more victories. Game 4 will be treated as a game 7 from pop although he'll never admit it.
I'm sure the Spurs will win, but rotation players at the end of the bench aren't cutting it. The Mavs aren't exactly defensive juggernauts. The defense is going to get better in the later rounds.
Old 04-26-14, 08:12 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
I'm sure the Spurs will win, but rotation players at the end of the bench aren't cutting it. The Mavs aren't exactly defensive juggernauts. The defense is going to get better in the later rounds.

Defense may or may not get better. Not sure of that to be honest. If anything, this series will be practice if and when we advance to play Portland with Aldridge. Dallas is going a great job of staying home on our shooters so pop needs to post Kawhi more and have more slashing to the basket. Have tony come off screens and not be the primary ball handler

- Confucius
Old 04-26-14, 09:23 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

well spurs and thunder are in the same position.... but seems memphis is wining by miracle while spurs could be down 0 - 3... i doubt okc lose tonight... but i hope...
Old 04-26-14, 10:20 PM
The Master Baiter

I would call Carter's shot a miracle.
Old 04-27-14, 12:22 AM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Well Mavs could not be that proud for such win!
Mavs stole this game and I am honestly NOT giving any freaking credit for Dallas because they got a lot of freaking calls from the refs to help them. They hacked my Spurs a lot and got away with a lot of pushes and shoves!! I am sick of those refs playing blind at some points of that game. SICK of them.

Spurs did everything right to RECOVER!
ALMOST EVERYTHING!
Except CLOSING!

The bright thing here is by far this was the best game Spurs played so far in this series.

Not doubting my Spurs but a bit concerned with their FIRE from within as a TEAM! I am seeing Mavs with more fire and energy than Spurs. Spurs now need to take it to the next level and Play better Defense period!!

Game 4 come Monday will be WAR and tougher than this game.
I can see however Mavs go celebrate this win at home and become too relaxed at home!!!!

I do sincerely believe my Spurs will come MORE READY. And Pop will help my Spurs get a W! I believe that Dallas know within they got lucky with that last freaking Shot from Carter and that Spurs could have won that game if that shot did not go thru. It was a lucky shot that was it!

Dallas has to start doubting their win in the back of their mind. Spurs will come with BIGGER and BETTER GAME PLAN come Monday no doubt!

Just wondering after this game: Is Tony' back spasm still bothering him? I mean he played ok but TP did not play aggressive enough. His speed is not as we saw him in the finals last year. Something has to give with TP not being able to sustain his energy for the entire game. Come on TP you are the current reigning Eurobasket 2013 MVP!!!!! WE NEED YOU TP to close the next games!

Last edited by spurscrazed; 04-27-14 at 12:24 AM.
Old 04-27-14, 12:39 AM
The Master Baiter

Spurs will even it up. Even OKC is having trouble. It's just the nature of the Western Conference. They don't have the luxury of playing a mediocre team with it's star player on one leg, like Miami.