SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Game 1 - Dallas Mavericks @ San Antonio Spurs Game Thread (Sunday 12:00 Noon) (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/121620-game-1-dallas-mavericks-san-antonio-spurs-game-thread-sunday-12-00-noon.html)

Eddy from Austin 04-18-14 08:56 AM

Game 1 - Dallas Mavericks @ San Antonio Spurs Game Thread (Sunday 12:00 Noon)

http://i.imgur.com/s2FeW8W.gif
No. 8 Dallas Mavericks (49-33)

at

http://i.imgur.com/I8KSjn4.gif
No. 1 San Antonio Spurs (62-20)

• Game 1 in San Antonio: Sunday, April 20, 1 p.m. ET, TNT
  • Game 2 in San Antonio: Wednesday, April 23, 8 p.m. ET, NBATV
  • Game 3 in Dallas: Saturday, April 26, 4:30 p.m. ET, TNT
  • Game 4 in Dallas: Monday, April 28, 9:30 p.m. ET, TNT
  • Game 5 in San Antonio: Wednesday, April 30
  • Game 6 in Dallas: Friday, May 2
  • Game 7 in San Antonio: Sunday, May 4

2014 NBA playoffs preview: San Antonio Spurs vs. Dallas Mavericks

Season series: Spurs swept 4-0.

SPURS: MVP may not be Duncan or Parker

MAVERICKS: Dirk's unwaivering influence

Points per game (per 100 possessions): Spurs 105.4, Mavericks 104.8 (Spurs 110.5, Mavericks 111.2).

Points allowed per game (per 100 possessions): Spurs 97.6, Mavericks 102.4 (Spurs 102.4, Mavericks 108.7).

Matchups worth watching: Spurs PF Tim Duncan vs. Mavericks PF Dirk Nowitzki, Spurs SF Kawhi Leonard vs. Mavericks G/F Vince Carter.

Scoring leaders: Spurs PG Tony Parker (16.7 points a game), Nowitzki (21.7).

Why San Antonio will win: The Spurs are the first team since the NBA/ABA merger without a player averaging 30 minutes a game, and only healthy, younger backup guards Marco Belinelli and Patty Mills topped 80 games played. Yet they were the best team in the NBA anyway. They have had no problems with their longtime rivals all season, and they appear ready for another Finals run.

Why Dallas will win: Nowitzki cannot be counted out, and Monta Ellis is a high-level talent who has put it all together this season. And if any coach can handle Gregg Popovich, it's the Mavs' Rick Carlisle.

Did you know? Duncan and Nowitzki, who have been in the same division (and state) and playing the same position since 1998, have played 26 playoff games, with Duncan leading the series 14-12. He holds the regular-season edge a little more comfortably, with a 31-21 split.

Prediction: Spurs in 5.

spurscrazed 04-18-14 09:54 PM

HMmmm NOT AT OUR HOME! NO F Ing WAY! :smirk
IT IS ON BABY! :evil
F MARC CUBAN and his MAVS

SPURS with a DOMINATING WIN on such a BLESSED EASTER!!!
Spurs control those boards and keep on FIGHTING! FireySpurs
MAVS will give it a Great Fight! But come up short!!

SPURS 100
MAVS 91

LETS GET EXCITED - PO MODE! GAME FACES ON!
Go Spurs Go!
Home Cookin! :food

KAD 04-19-14 10:20 AM

Spurs need to play their and keep the ball moving on offense - easy win!

Mombear 04-20-14 12:39 PM

END OF 1ST QTR - MAVS 12 - SPURS 21

:banana
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640...0/838/z1w7.jpg

mckennaspur1 04-20-14 01:03 PM

Dallas schemes on D are better than they've been all year. Playing very well.

SA needs to get Kawhi going by posting him up.

Fun game so far.

Mombear 04-20-14 01:12 PM

END OF 2ND QTR - MAVS 44 - SPURS 43

facepalm

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640...0/834/s1eg.jpg

mckennaspur1 04-20-14 01:57 PM

Old school from both teams on both ends. Very tough game. Tip the hat to Dallas.

What's the word on Timmy?

Mombear 04-20-14 01:58 PM

END OF 3RD QTR - MAVS 65 - SPURS 65

:banana facepalm :banana

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640...0/834/nhzc.jpg

Mombear 04-20-14 02:37 PM

FINAL SCORE: MAVS 85 - SPURS 90

:banana :banana :banana :banana
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640...0/841/7p0m.jpg

mckennaspur1 04-20-14 02:45 PM

If it's a grinder game, Spurs are gonna take it. Amazing stand during the last eight minutes. Dallas had a great game plan (especially on D). They just ran outta gas.

I expect TD and Tony to play big, but I love that Splitter played tough at the rim on both sides of the court. Now he's gotta start slamming down those putbacks.

Manu played well, but the late turnovers are concerning me. Too reminiscent of last year's Miami series.

Gotta call out Marco and Danny as non-factors. They can't just disappear like that. It's been a while since either has been effective.

Loved that Patty worked this hard to get ready for the season. Now he's gotta start working on driving to the hoop and dishing. Take some lessons from TP, young man.

Boris has to understand that no one will ever bite on that ball fake at the arc unless he shoots the 3 at least occasionally.

b1gdon 04-20-14 03:10 PM

Game 1 Fourth Quarter Highlights:

http://img21.exs.cx/img21/9546/TOD.gif

clovisnmspurfan 04-20-14 03:50 PM

Tiago came up big in this one.

Spurd_On 04-20-14 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mckennaspur1 (Post 1311254)
If it's a grinder game, Spurs are gonna take it. Amazing stand during the last eight minutes. Dallas had a great game plan (especially on D). They just ran outta gas.

I expect TD and Tony to play big, but I love that Splitter played tough at the rim on both sides of the court. Now he's gotta start slamming down those putbacks.

Manu played well, but the late turnovers are concerning me. Too reminiscent of last year's Miami series.

Gotta call out Marco and Danny as non-factors. They can't just disappear like that. It's been a while since either has been effective.

Loved that Patty worked this hard to get ready for the season. Now he's gotta start working on driving to the hoop and dishing. Take some lessons from TP, young man.

Boris has to understand that no one will ever bite on that ball fake at the arc unless he shoots the 3 at least occasionally.

I didn't understand the game plan. Every time Parker had the option of passing to an open man on the perimeter or passing it inside, he passed it inside. That was making it a grind out game instead of opening up their defense with outside shooting which is probably why the best Spurs shooters never got in rhythm. They were playing to Dallas instead of making Dallas play to them. Congrats on the win Spurs but please change the game plan or you will be exhausted by Round 2. Play them the way you played them during the regular season.

<!-- END TEMPLATE: newpost_quote -->

mckennaspur1 04-20-14 04:21 PM

Dallas decided to switch on all the pick & rolls that usually create space for the outside shooters. The shooters never got open looks and missed the few that they had.

spurscrazed 04-20-14 11:09 PM

Well nice win for my Spurs. Not an easy win because Spurs allowed Mavs to hang in there.

It is all in Spurs Mentality! They should have known better to come more aggressive with much more energy!!!!

Mavs knew they have no chance... they played like there is no tomorrow as expected..

But Spurs did not match that as quickly at the fist half so they ended up close come half time.

Come second half I expected Spurs to come out on fire from that locker room. instead they kept grinding it!!!LOL

It is not supposed to be an easy cake walk we know Mavs will FIGHT VERY HARD to stay in the game. Spurs must know that!!!!! And fight HARDER!

I am sure Pop will now show Spurs players the tape in the next two days and adjust his plan.

BIG KEY WAS OUR BENCH DISAPPOINTING MIA!!! Except for our MANU!!! WTF was that Bench!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smirk

Shout out to our FEARLESS LEADERS TimmyD, TP, and Manu. Yes Manu! :D

Tim was as great as he is with very little mistakes. That little scare on that knee bang was a bit concern but thank Goodness he was ok!!!You Go TIMMY!

Manu was huge and kept the entire team under his wing. Huge props to Manu despite his TO he was HUGE reason for this win. MANU refused to let this team lose and I am so proud of what I saw from MANU!!! Thanks Manu! Champions will find a way to win!!! He is a survivor and the entire team fed off of him in this game!!! :rock

Our MVP like TP played sporadic great bball. But hey credit Coach Carlile as he adjusted to that TP penetration wit our outside shooter not hitting any shots from downtown.. And Mavs almost run with that until Pop countered his plan 4th Q.
Perhaps now Pop can bring TP to finish the game at key moments instead.....Pop has to adjust his bringing TP and resting him...HUGE thing Pop need to work on!!!

Secondly, my main man TIAGO played awesome and Mavs did not know how to adjust to that Tiago Man!!!

Thirdly! Pop at the second half started adjusting his plan a little and that was the key to this win. When the Mavs got that momentum, Spurs countered with GREAT TRAP DEFENSE which was huge at the fourth!!! that was the GAME Winner! Tightening that D was HUGE!

Green played Good D despite his shooting woes that were concerning to me....

MR. KAWHI WAS Great on D too. I thought he was less aggressive on offense as I had known him to be. He probably will adjust his condition and rhythm next games.
No worries here.

Mills was a concern too. He seemed confused by Dallas D and never got his rhythm too. He stepped his D at the end but that was too late.

Expecting my Spurs to get some rest and get back in rhythm ready to rock come Wednesday!

THAT IS VERY IMPORTANT MENTAL KEY!
MAVS were thinking as coach Carlile told them we start the PO with zero zero
Now Mavs are down 1-0 to screw with their mind....
Has to make them start doubting themselves now
Then next game Spurs Win and make games 3 and 4 easier on them in Dallas.
As Mavs Ego and Hope will DWINDLE after every loss.

Go Spurs Go for the kill in game 2!!!:evil

Guapo 04-21-14 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spurd_On (Post 1311261)
I didn't understand the game plan. Every time Parker had the option of passing to an open man on the perimeter or passing it inside, he passed it inside. That was making it a grind out game instead of opening up their defense with outside shooting which is probably why the best Spurs shooters never got in rhythm. They were playing to Dallas instead of making Dallas play to them. >

Yes, but it showed anyone scouting the Spurs that, unlike years past, when you take away our three-point/outside game, we will pound it insde effectively-- so pick your poison.

:D