News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 04-14-14, 09:57 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Tony Parker heads to locker room early

Any report on his status?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-14-14, 10:42 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by neileshv View Post
Any report on his status?
I have no idea but I thought it was way too early for him to return to the team after back spasms last week. I thought, at the time, that he might miss the entire first round. I don't want to see him develop into a modern-day Steve Nash.

Last edited by Spurd_On; 04-14-14 at 10:44 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-15-14, 03:18 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurd_On View Post
I have no idea but I thought it was way too early for him to return to the team after back spasms last week. I thought, at the time, that he might miss the entire first round. I don't want to see him develop into a modern-day Steve Nash.

Only caught part of the game, but what I did see was Parker holding his back with two hands while going to the bench. He's definitely not 100%. The key will be taking care of business in first round combined with the week off. Right now, I'm just hoping the Mavs take care of business against the Memphis. If we face them, they are going to play physically with a chip on their shoulders because of last year's sweep. Of course that means it is almost certain we'll get them in the first round. Memphis is a sleeping giant.
Old 04-15-14, 10:04 AM
The Master Baiter

Nothing on it in the news. Tony even said after the game there were no injuries. I'm sure he's sore. But soreness doesn't get you a day off in the playoffs. And I don't think Memphis is a sleeping giant. In fact, they are probably the easiest of the three they were possibly going to face.
Old 04-15-14, 10:45 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
Nothing on it in the news. Tony even said after the game there were no injuries. I'm sure he's sore. But soreness doesn't get you a day off in the playoffs. And I don't think Memphis is a sleeping giant. In fact, they are probably the easiest of the three they were possibly going to face.
Agree 100%
I don't think Memphis has the offense to keep up with SA and Dallas doesn't have the defense to stop SA. PHX is young and can score. That would've been a worse matchup than the other two IMO.

Pre 2013 trade deadline deal that sent Gay to Toronto, Memphis was imposing. Tow bigs and a perimeter scorer that could give SA fits. Now, not so much.