News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 04-05-14, 02:48 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Spurs Magic Number

The magic number for home court throughout is 4 (1 Updated 4/11). Here are the final schedules for the Spurs and Thunder. The Spurs have a 3 loss lead over the Thunder with OKC holding the tie breaker. Magic number for home court over Mia and LAC is 1.

Spurs
Sun, Apr 6 vs Memphis 7:00 PM NBATV WIN
Tue, Apr 8 @ Minnesota 8:00 PM LOSS
Thu, Apr 10 @ Dallas 8:00 PM TNT WIN
Fri, Apr 11 vs Phoenix 8:30 PM
Mon, Apr 14 @ Houston 8:00 PM NBATV
Wed, Apr 16 vs LA Lakers 8:00 PM

OKC
Sun, Apr 6 @ Phoenix 9:00 PM NBATV LOSS
Tue, Apr 8 @ Sacramento 10:00 PM WIN
Wed, Apr 9 @ LA Clippers 10:30 PM ESPN WIN
Fri, Apr 11 vs New Orleans 8:00 PM
Sun, Apr 13 @ Indiana 1:00 PM ABC
Mon, Apr 14 @ New Orleans 8:00 PM
Wed, Apr 16 vs Detroit 8:00 PM

Last edited by b1gdon; 04-11-14 at 09:19 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-05-14, 09:58 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

easy peasy lemon squeezy
Old 04-05-14, 11:19 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
easy peasy lemon squeezy
I have my doubts. Memphis, Dallas and Phoenix will be scrapping hard for those final playoff seeds. Minnesota will be scrapping hard for the pride of ending the season with a winning record. The Lakers will be playing to make impressions for off-season free agency. The Rockets might be playing to get their playoff rotation in sync after the injuries.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-05-14, 11:51 AM
SR Team Goof

Maybe Will Sevening will have to stock up on medical tape and ace bandages for the 2nd string because I don't see our main core playing a whole lot of minutes in those final games. I say that mainly because of what Pop said in the timeout huddle during the final minutes of the OKC loss as he didn't care much about the outcome of that game as long as the team put forth an effort.
Old 04-05-14, 01:11 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

16....in the playoffs, that's all I care about.
Old 04-05-14, 01:19 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurd_On View Post
I have my doubts. Memphis, Dallas and Phoenix will be scrapping hard for those final playoff seeds. Minnesota will be scrapping hard for the pride of ending the season with a winning record. The Lakers will be playing to make impressions for off-season free agency. The Rockets might be playing to get their playoff rotation in sync after the injuries.

We have a 3.5 game lead on OKC, and 5 of their last 7 games are away. I'm not saying we have it locked up, but I feel pretty good about it. I don't think the Lakers have to play well to attract free agents... They are the Lakers.

Last edited by TimmyDthaWay2B; 04-05-14 at 01:21 PM.
Old 04-05-14, 01:37 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyDthaWay2B View Post
We have a 3.5 game lead on OKC, and 5 of their last 7 games are away. I'm not saying we have it locked up, but I feel pretty good about it. I don't think the Lakers have to play well to attract free agents... They are the Lakers.
I was referring to Laker players not the franchise itself. I think the Spurs will get the hca. I just have doubts that it will be easy

Old 04-05-14, 06:47 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
I was referring to Laker players not the franchise itself. I think the Spurs will get the hca. I just have doubts that it will be easy

They would have to have an Indiana type meltdown the final few games I think.
Old 04-05-14, 08:10 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyDthaWay2B View Post
In the stat that counts the spurs only have a two game lead over OKC. If the spurs loose more than two then OKC is the 1 seed as long as they win all their remaining games.

Last edited by bills0; 04-05-14 at 08:28 PM.
Old 04-05-14, 08:49 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bills0 View Post
In the stat that counts the spurs only have a two game lead over OKC. If the spurs loose more than two then OKC is the 1 seed as long as they win all their remaining games.
Yea, but that's a lot that has to happen. Just saying, I feel pretty good about it.
Old 04-05-14, 09:06 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

If you listen to the practice interviews with Danny Green and Manu, the situation is ideal. They will be playing teams that are scrapping hard creating a playoff situation that tunes them up to the level they want to reach going into the actual playoffs. They are not expecting easy wins. To them this is more important than home court advantage.
Old 04-07-14, 02:04 AM
SpursReport Team Member

A win by SA and a loss by OKC sunday night puts the magic number at 2!!
Old 04-07-14, 07:08 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

If I was feeling good before... I'm feeling great now.
Old 04-07-14, 09:25 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

The Spurs are edging closer to the opportunity to play more playoff games at home than on the road if they can capitalize on that and protect home court. Thanks for the gift OKC!!! I'm hoping that the Mavs get the 8th seed so that the Spurs do not have to run with the Suns and the games are in the Central time zone.

Last edited by Spurd_On; 04-07-14 at 09:30 AM.
Old 04-07-14, 11:09 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
The Spurs are edging closer to the opportunity to play more playoff games at home than on the road if they can capitalize on that and protect home court. Thanks for the gift OKC!!! I'm hoping that the Mavs get the 8th seed so that the Spurs do not have to run with the Suns and the games are in the Central time zone.
I would love the mav's @ 8, and the rockets @4. Then we don't even have to leave the state until the Western Conference finals.

I would love to see Phoenix @ 7 to beat up on OKC, and the Warriors @ 6 for a great California series.

Then maybe the Clippers beat OKC, We beat the Clippers and then go out and stomp on Miami for our 5th title.

That is my perfect playoff scenario.
Old 04-07-14, 11:21 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

The sun rose on a bright Monday morning and behold, the Spurs now have a
4 1/2 game lead on the Thunder. It's all good.
Old 04-07-14, 11:21 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
I would love the mav's @ 8, and the rockets @4. Then we don't even have to leave the state until the Western Conference finals.

I would love to see Phoenix @ 7 to beat up on OKC, and the Warriors @ 6 for a great California series.

Then maybe the Clippers beat OKC, We beat the Clippers and then go out and stomp on Miami for our 5th title.

That is my perfect playoff scenario.
+1......A long shot but not impossible to happen.

Old 04-07-14, 11:25 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Home court doesn't matter. It's great to have it in a Game 7 situation - but the best team always wins a series 99.9% of the time.
Old 04-07-14, 11:38 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pessimist View Post
Home court doesn't matter. It's great to have it in a Game 7 situation - but the best team always wins a series 99.9% of the time.
Yes it is overrated but it's nice to go into the play offs with every small advantage you can get.

Old 04-07-14, 01:29 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
That .1% happened last season.
Old 04-07-14, 02:00 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
I disagree.... Against certain teams.. It definitely matters... . I think OKC is one of those teams...
Old 04-08-14, 06:46 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

This is the fifth time in franchise history that the Spurs have reached 60 wins in a regular season. The loss to the Thunder didn’t faze them, and they picked up with a 20th win of 10 points or more in less than two months. The only way they don’t finish first in the West is if they lose four of their remaining five games while the Thunder win all that remains for them. While the second option doesn’t sound too far fetched (they did lose to the Suns at the same time), the Spurs suddenly letting it all go makes no sense. Only after the top spot is clinched will we being to see a massive resting trend.

San Antonio Spurs - A Machine That Doesn't Break Down | Sportige
Old 04-11-14, 09:18 AM
SpursReport Team Member

UNO!!!!!!
Old 04-11-14, 11:13 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

Spurs will have the best record in the NBA!
Old 04-11-14, 11:41 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

They need to win tonite to give guys ample rest, or I feel it'll come down to beating the Lakers in the final game. If they lose tonite, guys will sit out the Houston game and try and finish it off in style vs LA. Let's hope Indian can get one for us!