News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 03-31-14, 08:18 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Pop getting antsy for a loss

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich admitted he is getting antsy for a loss. He'll have to wait. Marco Belinelli scored 18 points and San Antonio never trailed after its opening possession, extending its winning streak to 17 games with a 96-80 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans on Saturday night. The Spurs once again used fluid passing and tireless player movement to overwhelm an opponent. San Antonio finished with 24 assists while going 37 for 78 from the field in snapping New Orleans' five-game winning streak. "They move around a lot, and run their sets hard," Pelicans guard Brian Roberts said. "Whatever they're running, they are moving constantly. It puts pressure on a defense to play 24 seconds worth."

Belinelli, Spurs top Pelicans 96-80; streak at 17
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-31-14, 08:26 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo View Post
Spurs coach Gregg Popovich admitted he is getting antsy for a loss. He'll have to wait. Marco Belinelli scored 18 points and San Antonio never trailed after its opening possession, extending its winning streak to 17 games with a 96-80 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans on Saturday night. The Spurs once again used fluid passing and tireless player movement to overwhelm an opponent. San Antonio finished with 24 assists while going 37 for 78 from the field in snapping New Orleans' five-game winning streak. "They move around a lot, and run their sets hard," Pelicans guard Brian Roberts said. "Whatever they're running, they are moving constantly. It puts pressure on a defense to play 24 seconds worth."

Belinelli, Spurs top Pelicans 96-80; streak at 17
I'm smelling a loss tonite....unfortunately. Plus the Pacers will own the tie breaker against us, but we'll have the best record which won't matter in the finals if they meet.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-31-14, 08:48 AM
SpursReport Rookie

At first I was with you MrJones but at this rate I don't want to see them lose or even have a close game. If they lose tonight I can just see the casual fans going beserk because "We can't beat the top teams"
Old 03-31-14, 09:15 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

Pop just chill out please and let the team excel. They need to come with their A game and show the Pacers why they have a 17 game winning streak!
Old 03-31-14, 09:29 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izriel View Post
At first I was with you MrJones but at this rate I don't want to see them lose or even have a close game. If they lose tonight I can just see the casual fans going beserk because "We can't beat the top teams"
I feel ya, I don't want to see lose but I think Pop "MAY" not care about the Pacers long term, but rather have guys fresh for their showdown with the Thunder. Mathematically we need to beat OKC to keep your lead. But they other teams we play this week aren't as much factor to our #1 seed. We to beat OKC to stretch the lead, so I think that's the true goal. No else will catch us. We'll beat Memphis, we own the GSW and the rest will be either rest guys when they lock up the overall best record.
Old 03-31-14, 10:39 PM
The Master Baiter

I wouldn't mind a loss to Golden Shower. I think that will make them focus even more for Okrahomo $hitty. Of course, winning both is optimal.
Old 04-01-14, 12:23 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
I wouldn't mind a loss to Golden Shower. I think that will make them focus even more for Okrahomo $hitty. Of course, winning both is optimal.

I've got a foul for excessive renaming of opponents on #18 Uwe Blab. Renaming should only be used for real rivals like the 'allas Mavericks or the Fakers. That's two shots.
Old 04-01-14, 12:24 AM
Official Whorry Hater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gdon View Post

I've got a foul for excessive renaming of opponents on #18 Uwe Blab. Renaming should only be used for real rivals like the 'allas Mavericks or the Fakers. That's two shots.

Old 04-01-14, 08:01 AM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gdon View Post

L1ttledong