SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Critical game against Pacers (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/121369-critical-game-against-pacers.html)

Guapo 03-31-14 07:40 AM

Critical game against Pacers

The Spurs can set a new franchise win record plus maintain their lead on OKC.

The Pacers' lead over Miami atop the Eastern Conference was reduced to one game with eight contests to play.

How do u expect this game to play out?

Guapo 03-31-14 08:01 AM

(Pacers coach) Vogel admitted postgame that frustration is mounting throughout the locker room as the Pacers' offensive efficiency has dipped way down and many individuals are out of rhythm. The Pacers have now dropped four of their last five games and five straight away from Indy. What they are going through is much greater than simply a late-season lull. They’re battling problems that have been going on since before the All-Star break, but have grown more concerning in March. On a positive note, they have just one more game left in the month — and that’s tomorrow night at home against the San Antonio Spurs, who have won 17 straight games.

Game Rewind: Pacers 76, Cavaliers 90 | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE INDIANA PACERS

Spurd_On 03-31-14 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guapo (Post 1310074)
The Spurs can set a new franchise win record plus maintain their lead on OKC.

The Pacers' lead over Miami atop the Eastern Conference was reduced to one game with eight contests to play.

How do u expect this game to play out?

I don't. Some baggage both positive and negative carry over from the previous games they have played but these teams are both very professional and I expect pretty much a clean slate with total focus on the matter at hand.

<!-- END TEMPLATE: newpost_quote -->

Izriel 03-31-14 08:53 AM

The Pacers have not scored over 85 consistantly during this last week or so...I expect San Antonio to be held under 100 again but still winning by 10-12 points. Go Spurs Go!

KAD 03-31-14 09:11 AM

Pacers destroyed their chemistry in trading up with the Granger deal - I expect the Spurs to win this one!

gwilly101 03-31-14 09:58 AM

The game is critical for the Pacers not for the Spurs. I guarantee they don't give two sh**ts about setting a new franchise win record. Being healthy and playing well is their main focus. Its's championship or bust.

mckennaspur1 03-31-14 10:26 AM

Should be a good test for the Spurs who have been beating up weak opponents over the past few weeks. It's an understatement that Indy will be highly motivated to win this.

Indy's coming off a back-to-back. Spurs had a day of rest. Pop and the Spurs don't care at all about the win streak. In fact, Pop has been begging for a loss and something to complain about for days. Could make for a perversely interesting evening.

spurduncan21 03-31-14 10:36 AM

Indy lost to the cavs last night y'all. Of course they'll be hungry but also should be semi tired, not nearly as fresh as our squad since we had the night off. I expect our spurs to play a close game and winning in the final 3 mins. Go spurs go!!

clovisnmspurfan 03-31-14 03:04 PM

With 9 games left and a 3 game lead, the Spurs would have to lose 50% of the remaining games and OKC would have to pretty much win 100% of their remaining games to reach 1st place. I think Pop worries more about OKC than the Pacers. Pacers are not playing their best basketball right now and we have it in overdrive. Could be interesting though.

Guapo 04-01-14 02:08 AM

The 103-77 Conquest of the Pacers was Sound and Decisive!

b1gdon 04-01-14 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clovisnmspurfan (Post 1310126)
With 9 games left and a 3 game lead, the Spurs would have to lose 50% of the remaining games and OKC would have to pretty much win 100% of their remaining games to reach 1st place. I think Pop worries more about OKC than the Pacers. Pacers are not playing their best basketball right now and we have it in overdrive. Could be interesting though.

The Spurs have lost the season series, so they can only afford to lose 2 more games than the Thunder. Their closing schedule is one of the more brutal ones I have seen. A win against them Thursday would go a long way to putting them on ice, but as has been noted elsewhere, being second of a back to back and third in 4 nights, it looks like a scheduled loss.

KAD 04-01-14 07:59 PM

Spurs need to focus on Golder State for the moment and not look ahead to OKC.

alh1020 04-01-14 09:41 PM

Amen brother.