News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-14, 03:43 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Spurs Starting Power Forward of the Future

Assuming Duncan is our starting PF again in 14/15 and retires, who is the Spurs starting PF in 15/16? Do we think this person is on the team right now?

If he's not, don't we hope that he joins the team by next season?

$
Old 03-24-14, 04:03 PM
SR Team Goof

No and yes.
Old 03-24-14, 05:14 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Wishful thinking. It could take years. Talented small forwards are probably more plentiful and the Spurs have only been successful in acquiring one over the past several years but it never hurts to try and its always a pleasant surprise when you get lucky.

Last edited by Spurd_On; 03-24-14 at 05:16 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-24-14, 05:58 PM
SR Team Goof

If we were to get one through the draft, it might take years, as you mentioned, to see any benefit. I think our only hope for anything immediate will have to come from a trade or free agent signing. Then you have to consider, will Pop still be around to school the player or will we have to be patient while a new head coach tries his hand with the team? It's a b*tch to ponder what a post-Duncan era will be like when we've been somewhat spoiled by the success of DRob, TD, TP, Manu, Pop and the rest of the Spurs over these past 25 years or so.
Old 03-24-14, 11:09 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

future spurs pf is diaw (around 2 years from duncan retire)
Old 03-25-14, 12:30 AM
The Master Baiter

Unless they get a diamond in the rough (late first round of future lottery), I'm afraid the Spurs will go through a dark time. Although, I think that will take longer than the next few years. The FO will make sure TP retires a Spur, which means he and KY will keep them in the last few seeds of the playoffs for a few years.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-25-14, 09:02 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I'm pretty sure that Duncan will not retire after 2014-15 season.

He's still 18 pts 10 rebound player and hs health is really good and ambition is still high. That's why, there's no reason to retire next summer. I think he will play until the end of 2016-17 season.
Old 03-25-14, 10:14 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

is painful to say, but by 2016 - 2017 duncan gonna be center (mobility) from the bench for 15 min. at much,that if spurs really has aspiration to excellence...

nobody can defeat age at such high level like the nba....
Old 03-25-14, 01:25 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Austin Daye?
Old 03-25-14, 02:25 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I like Asutin Daye . . . . . . . . But he is not our starting PF of the future.