News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-14, 06:46 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Openly gay NBA player has heard comments from another player

Brooklyn Nets center Jason Collins revealed Thursday that he has heard negative comments from another player during a game. Collins, the NBA's first active openly gay player, would not reveal the identity of the player or the team he plays for. He told ESPNNewYork.com that he did not react to the comments while on the court.

"There's no need to even engage in a conversation with him at that point," Collins said. "In the flow of the game, you have emotions going. It goes back to controlling what I can control -- having self control and having the discipline to recognize it for what it is and keep the focus on the game. "We're all human. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. You hope that if someone has a negative opinion, that they would keep it to themselves. But at the same time, I understand that in the NBA, we're a bunch of individuals and this is America and everyone's entitled to their opinion."

Jason Collins of Brooklyn Nets says another player made negative comments to him - ESPN New York
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-22-14, 12:20 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Why is this news on a basketball blog? Should be asking can he play?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-22-14, 01:38 PM
The Master Baiter

My money would have been on Garnett but he's on the same team.
Old 03-22-14, 03:11 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
My money would have been on Garnett but he's on the same team.
You are probably right, I don't think being on on the same team would stop Garnett from saying anything.
Old 03-23-14, 12:02 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

hahajaja crazy stuffff i tought garnett too lolol