News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-14, 10:09 AM
Official SR Home Builder

Friday Night Spurs at Kings Game Thread (9:00 pm)

Fri, Mar 21
9:00
Sleep Train Arena - Sacramento, California

San Antonio
Spurs
(51-16)

at

Sacramento
Kings
(24-44)

Spurs-Kings Preview
By ALAN FERGUSON, Associated Press

Judging by their dominance in the series, the San Antonio Spurs would appear to have an ideal chance to post their longest win streak in three seasons and add to their league-best record with a visit to Sacramento.

The Kings, though, have provided two competitive matchups this season and will try to make the Spurs work for a 12th consecutive win Friday night.

San Antonio (51-16) has won eight in a row and 29 of 32 over a Sacramento team that's 13th in the Western Conference. The Spurs' 10-game road win streak against the Kings (24-44) is tied for the NBA's longest active run versus one opponent.

If it adds to that success, San Antonio would have its first 12-game win streak since Nov. 1-24, 2010, and would stay at least 1 1/2 games in front of Indiana and Oklahoma City after Friday's play.

The Spurs, though, have needed a pair of comebacks to earn their wins over Sacramento this season.

They trailed by 10 points late in the third quarter of a 95-93 home win Feb. 1 but played without Manu Ginobili, Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green. San Antonio was healthier when it hosted the Kings on Dec. 29 but needed to outscore them 13-2 in the final 3:20 for a 112-104 victory.

The Spurs enter this game after what coach Gregg Popovich considered a subpar defensive effort. His club didn't put away the lowly Los Angeles Lakers until outscoring them 33-22 in the fourth quarter of a 125-109 road victory Wednesday.

"Probably the only thing I liked is that they hung in there," Popovich said. "I thought we played really porous defense. I thought a lot of that was because L.A. was very aggressive. They were in attack mode, and I don't think we adjusted to it until maybe the end of the third quarter. From that point, I thought our defense was very good."

The Kings have lost five of seven but will be seeking a season high-tying third straight home win after a 117-111 overtime victory against Washington on Tuesday. Isaiah Thomas led the way with 24 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists for his first career triple-double.

DeMarcus Cousins was one of two other Kings to score 24 points in his return from a one-game absence due to tendinitis in his right knee, helping Sacramento rally from an 11-point deficit in the fourth quarter.

"I like the fact that we didn't quit. We didn't roll over," coach Michael Malone said. "The worst kind of team you can be associated with is a team that just quits and doesn't care. I'm proud we didn't stay in that mode. We got back to being an aggressive team. There's a lot of positives to be taken from tonight."

Cousins had 29 points and 14 rebounds in the December matchup with San Antonio but sat out February's meeting because of an ankle injury. Thomas is averaging 26.5 points in the two games against the Spurs.

Tim Duncan had 23 points and 17 rebounds in San Antonio's win Feb. 1 and Ginobili scored 28 in December, his second-most this season.
Old 03-21-14, 10:16 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

Spurs easily 110-95
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-21-14, 10:38 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

is kindda weird the "tranformation" in that .gif if you focus your eyes btween players eyes......

anyway... :-) reminds me michael jackson "black and white"
Old 03-21-14, 10:43 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

There is no telling how Pop spreads the minutes and lineups in the back to back. I just hope that whatever he does works.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-21-14, 10:48 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Not only a back-to-back. It's 3 games in four nights on the road.

I'd prefer to keep Tim, Manu and TP fresh so they can send a message to upstart Golden State. Since Pop is even more contrary than I am, I figure he plays the Big 3 tonight and throws the Foreign Legion at the Warriors on Saturday.
Old 03-21-14, 10:53 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Tonight is a trap game for sure. Hope the Spurs can stay focused and take care of business. We've been shooting so good lately we might be due for a team-wide slump.

$
Old 03-21-14, 10:54 AM
Official SR Home Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanCaca View Post
is kindda weird the "tranformation" in that .gif if you focus your eyes btween players eyes......

anyway... :-) reminds me michael jackson "black and white"
Yea, I know what you mean, that's because those are the official roster, pictures from media day and they're formatted the same.
I thought of doing a morphing gif but didn't have time. Maybe later.

Last edited by Eddy from Austin; 03-21-14 at 11:09 AM.
Old 03-21-14, 03:12 PM
Official SR Home Builder

Spurs 98
Kings 94
Old 03-21-14, 08:25 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

:-) cool eddie....!

oh and im xpecting spurs win with 15 points differential
Old 03-21-14, 08:46 PM
SR Team Goof

Spurs........108
Kings...........95
Old 03-21-14, 09:36 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

END OF THE 1ST QTR - SPURS 24 - KINGS 23

Old 03-21-14, 11:00 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

END OF 2ND QTR - SPURS 47 - KINGS 37

Old 03-21-14, 11:01 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

END OF 3RD QTR - SPURS 69 - KINGS 57

Old 03-21-14, 11:29 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

FINAL SCORE: SPURS 99 - KING 79

Old 03-22-14, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Who is that guy after Bonner Eddy?
Old 03-22-14, 04:03 PM
Official SR Home Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulce View Post
Who is that guy after Bonner Eddy?
Jeffrey Curtis "Jeff" Ayres (born Jeffrey Curtis Orcutt on April 29, 1987) formerly known as Jeff Pendergraph, with a really goofy smile.