News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-14, 12:24 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Popovich to be investigated for human trafficking?

Because it is clear that he OWNS Mike D'Antoni

NBA Shootaround: Love Connection « With last night’s 125-109 loss to the San Antonio Spurs in the books, Lakers coach Mike D’Antoni now has a record of 9-26 in the regular season against Gregg Popovich. That record gives D’Antoni a regular-season winning percentage of .257 against Pop. That is not good! His winning percentage in all other regular-season games is .531, which I believe is much better.

Things get even worse for D’Antoni against Pop in the playoffs, where his teams are just 4-16. That record gives D’Antoni a playoff winning percentage of .200 against Pop. That is not good either! His winning percentage in all other playoff games is .564, which I also believe is much better.

That means D’Antoni-coached teams are 13-42 overall against Popovich-coached teams. That record gives D’Antoni an overall winning percentage of .236 against Pop. That is still not good! His winning percentage in all other games is .532, which I believe is still much better.

My trusty calculator tells me that against Pop, D’Antoni is the equivalent of a 19-win coach. Against everyone else, he’s the equivalent of a 43-win coach. I’m not entirely sure what this means, other than that Pop clearly has some sort of Jedi mind trick thing going on D’Antoni, which doesn’t seem fair.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-21-14, 12:33 AM
SpursReport Team Member

P.S. Noticed these comments at the bottom of this ESPN article.

Quote:
Collyn Kelley · Works at US Navy Diver
Spurs own the best record in the league, currently on an 11 game win streak, and are winning these games by an average of 15 points. 15! Besides comparing D'Antoni to Pop, there wasn't one mention of the Spurs and two of the last place Lakers. If the Heat were on a streak like this, there would be half a dozen articles about it right now just on Grantland alone. This is why Spurs fans feel disrespected constantly
Reply ·
· 6 hours ago

Jake Bucsko · Top Commenter · Georgia State University
Spurs have made the playoffs 24 of the past 25 years, meaning anyone around 30 and under basically has no memory of the team not being good aside from a fluky year when Robinson was hurt. They have been a 50 win team (or the win% equivalent) 20 of the past 21 years. Spurs fans have gotten to see the primes of both David Robinson and Tim Duncan, who has led the Spurs to four titles in his career. This is why Spurs fans should probably just shut up already about being "disrespected". You cheer for an awesome basketball team that is always great. Shut up. Shut up shut up SHUT UP SHUT UP
Reply ·
· 2 · 3 hours ago
Collyn Kelley · Works at US Navy Diver
Jake Bucsko Wow hate much? Not sure what the point is here. Because they've been successful for the past 25 years it's ok to overlook them? Or Spurs fans can't complain about not getting any love when it comes to sportswriters because they're successful? Makes sense
Reply ·
· 2 hours ago
Jake Bucsko · Top Commenter · Georgia State University
"Wow hate much" NO. THAT'S the point. I don't hate the Spurs, but I am sick to death of their entitled fans whining every time a word is written about basketball without the author composing a sonnet in iambic pentameter to the greatness of the Spurs.

I live in Atlanta. I'm a freaking Hawks fan. Nobody gives a **** about us either, but the difference is you get to watch one of the greatest players of all time every night and I've spent the better part of the last decade watching Josh Smith heave up 20 footers with 15 seconds on the shot clock. I don't know what its like to root for a team with a legit chance at winning the title, you don't know what it's NOT like. We're all tired of hearing (the collective) you cry about not being written about enough when all the team does is win every year.
Reply ·
· 1 · 2 hours ago
You know what, I'm never going to complain about BSPN ignoring the Spurs again...well, I'll try to never complain about it. Every time I feel slighted, I'll try to remember the pain of the lowly Hawks fans.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-21-14, 01:34 AM
Official Whorry Hater!

yeah

Old 03-21-14, 04:42 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gdon View Post
P.S. Noticed these comments at the bottom of this ESPN article.

You know what, I'm never going to complain about BSPN ignoring the Spurs again...well, I'll try to never complain about it. Every time I feel slighted, I'll try to remember the pain of the lowly Hawks fans.

Old 03-21-14, 10:45 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

haha - those are some funny comments
Old 03-21-14, 12:01 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Shut up just SHUT UP!

$
Old 03-21-14, 05:13 PM
The Chosen One(Moderator)

Not getting the thread's title? confused

I'm Batman's cousin
Old 03-21-14, 11:38 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Human Trafficking = slavery = the buying and selling of people as property = owning people = Pop Owns D'Antoni
Old 03-22-14, 04:07 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

It's good to be a Spur fan!!