News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 03-10-14, 08:25 PM
SpursReport Rookie

No Trades, No cry

All of us Spurs fans saw the trade deadline come and go and some of us discuss it with symptoms of anxiety, disgust, sadness, reservations, sarcasm, irony, demeanor attitude, etc,etc,.

Now it seems , Buford and Pop knew what they were doing? none of the grangers, caron butlers, Andrew bynums of the world wished to come and play here, so why even try?

The spurs system is about sharing the ball and moving the ball and defending but it seems players around the league are allergic to this type of winning ways? I bet anything if you ask Carmelo if you he would love to play for the spurs he would politely declined the offer next year as a free agent.

Again, the only trade we made was getting rid of poor Nando who by now is probably wishing to get back to a warmer and winning place, this is why manu, tony and tim never left or try to leave we don't need any trades we just need individuals with character. Go spurs GO!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-10-14, 08:57 PM
SR Team Goof

True, true so true. And the majority of players that we do get via trade or free agency can't say enough about the Spurs system and don't want to leave.
Old 03-10-14, 08:57 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Amen Brother!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-10-14, 09:58 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

+1

Every now and then a Spurs character player becomes available at the trade deadline or in free agency.

I have wanted many players in the past (Granger in particular), but when they don't come I trust that it is for the best because they didn't have the character to make it on our team.

So Good Riddance to all of them. I hope they all have fun watching the NBA finals rather than playing in them.
Old 03-10-14, 10:46 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

It is agreed by me that recent acquisitions have had little to no impact but I would rather wait until 10 to 15 games past the acquisitions to see if those teams begin to gel together and get their original players back to health. i. e. Indiana, OKC, Clippers. So far Big Baby Davis does seem to have impact with the Clippers. OKC and Indiana are slumping because of exhausted core players. Everything ebbs and flows. Let's see where they are at about 5 games before the playoffs. My guess right now is that the small forwards acquired by OKC and the Clippers don't add much to their teams. Davis and Bynum may. Remember that Austin Daye is on standby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Last edited by Spurd_On; 03-10-14 at 10:53 PM.
Old 03-11-14, 01:00 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

If Spurs fans entertain all of that Spurs are interested in or this or that trade before the deadline then they are delusional after all these years. I get a laugh at all the threads and trade machine crap etc. around the trade deadline and all the other Spurs are close or interested in crap! It is very funny.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 03-11-14, 06:54 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7 View Post
If Spurs fans entertain all of that Spurs are interested in or this or that trade before the deadline then they are delusional after all these years. I get a laugh at all the threads and trade machine crap etc. around the trade deadline and all the other Spurs are close or interested in crap! It is very funny.
Have to agree but... A little hope never hurt anything . If it makes any of the other contenders just the tiniest bit nervous , its worth it !!!

" 01000110 01110101 01100011 01101011 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01001100 01100001 01101011 01100101 01110010 01110011 "