News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-14, 06:20 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Is tonight's Spurs/Heat game really a "statement" game?

If you were coaching the team, would you really be trying to win tonight against Miami?

On the one hand, you could be giving away key matchup and play info plus risking your best players to injury by trying your darnedest to win.

On the other hand, you could just end up facing Indiana in the finals (what a TV ratings nightmare for the league) and and this could be the last time you even face the team that did what we see below to you:

So if you were the coach... What would you do tonight?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-06-14, 08:34 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Not cool, man.

Old 03-06-14, 08:36 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Did ya really have to post the video.....

Short answer....NO....tonight is not a statement game. Would I like to see the Spurs win? Of course, but everyone knows the Spurs don't play like that. I won't be too dissapointed of they lose because it's just a regular season game. However, I would still like to see them play well.
Old 03-06-14, 08:54 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

In the past several years, the only statement we have been making is:

We are not going to tip our hand, so how about playing against our 3rd string.
Old 03-06-14, 09:21 AM
The Master Baiter

Should it be a statement game? No. But I think the players themselves really want to win this one. And personally, it's March, the team is whole, there's been a lot of doubt lately. I think it's a statement game.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-06-14, 10:57 AM
SpursReport Rookie

it is a statement game, I know it, we know it, miami knows it, spurs knows it
Old 03-06-14, 01:00 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

It is only a statement game if we win.

If we lose it was completely meaningless

Seriously,
If we don't play some of our starters, Pop deliberately wanted to avoid a statement game.
Old 03-06-14, 11:16 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

That was a serious statement game, just like I predicted.
Old 03-07-14, 05:09 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

It was the Heat’s largest margin of defeat this season. Stunningly, the team is now 3-32 all-time against the Spurs in San Antonio. The loss also marked the first time since James went to Miami that the Heat (43-16) has trailed wire-to-wire in back-to-back games. The Rockets defeated the Heat on Tuesday.

James said the sleeved jerseys constricted his shooting motion and joked that he already didn’t “have much room for error on my jump shot anyway.”

“I’m not making any excuses, but I’m not a big fan of the jerseys,” James said. “So I got to figure something out the next time I wear the short-sleeved jerseys. … Every time I shoot, it just feels like it’s pulling.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/03/0...t-against.html
Old 03-07-14, 07:39 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpur View Post
It was the Heatís largest margin of defeat this season. Stunningly, the team is now 3-32 all-time against the Spurs in San Antonio. The loss also marked the first time since James went to Miami that the Heat (43-16) has trailed wire-to-wire in back-to-back games. The Rockets defeated the Heat on Tuesday.

James said the sleeved jerseys constricted his shooting motion and joked that he already didnít ďhave much room for error on my jump shot anyway.Ē

ďIím not making any excuses, but Iím not a big fan of the jerseys,Ē James said. ďSo I got to figure something out the next time I wear the short-sleeved jerseys. Ö Every time I shoot, it just feels like itís pulling.Ē

SAN ANTONIO: Miami Heat falls flat against San Antonio Spurs - Miami Heat - MiamiHerald.com

I'm not making excuses, but here is my excuse.. Lebron James is such an idiot... I've never seen a superstar makes so many excuses for himself in all my years watching the NBA... I can't stand how this guy is glorified... What a chump..
Old 03-07-14, 08:42 AM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyDthaWay2B View Post
I'm not making excuses, but here is my excuse.. Lebron James is such an idiot... I've never seen a superstar makes so many excuses for himself in all my years watching the NBA... I can't stand how this guy is glorified... What a chump..
I agree. He's still the best on the planet, but the way he conducts himself on the court is just bad. He doesn't nut up and just play better, he mopes around, complains to the refs and then makes excuses afterwards. Jordan, Bird, Magic, etc. never did that. They would just kick your ass in other ways.
Old 03-07-14, 11:25 AM
SR Team Goof

I don't know if the game itself could be called a 'statement game' but I think the Spurs players had something they wanted to get off their chests and they said it last night. What an enjoyable game to watch. And the best part of all, Kawhi's big hands were in everybody's pockets. If this nationally televised game does anything, hopefully it propels KY's name far up the list for DPOY award. Outstanding performance by all.
Old 03-07-14, 03:53 PM
Official SR Home Builder

I think what they wanted to get off their chest was those awful shirts.
Old 03-07-14, 07:32 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
I agree. He's still the best on the planet, but the way he conducts himself on the court is just bad. He doesn't nut up and just play better, he mopes around, complains to the refs and then makes excuses afterwards. Jordan, Bird, Magic, etc. never did that. They would just kick your ass in other ways.
Everyone was wearing the same style of shirt, that is why they are called a UNIFORM!
Find another excuse.