SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Tony Parker out "for the foreseeable future (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/121137-tony-parker-out-foreseeable-future.html)

Eddy from Austin 02-18-14 01:50 PM

Tony Parker out "for the foreseeable future"

Tony Parker has 'variety of maladies'

By J.A. Adande | ESPN.com

San Antonio Spurs point guard Tony Parker will be out "for the foreseeable future" with "a variety of maladies," coach Gregg Popovich said Tuesday.

Parker had been sidelined with stiffness in his lower back but played in Sunday's All-Star Game, finishing with four points, two rebounds and one assist.

"He doesn't have a pulled hamstring or anything, but he's got a lot of little things," Popovich said.

The Spurs have been mainstays in the playoffs throughout Parker's career, and Parker has also played with the French national team in the offseason. Popovich is concerned about the cumulative effect it's had on Parker.

"Basically a lot of basketball the last three years, all season long, all summer long," Popovich said.

"It's caught up to him."

Parker did not cite specific injuries but said he agreed with the decision.

"The main thing with Pop, he doesn't want me to play 50 percent, 60 percent," Parker said. "That's the main thing. He wants me to get all of my little stuff healed. So however much time it takes, next time I come back on the court he wants me to be 100 percent. Against Charlotte, against Detroit, I was not myself. He just doesn't want me to play like that."

Popovich also said Kawhi Leonard and Tiago Splitter were doubtful for Tuesday's game against the Los Angeles Clippers.

clovisnmspurfan 02-18-14 02:17 PM

Damn!!

Flipmode Master 02-18-14 02:33 PM

Double Damn

Eddy from Austin 02-18-14 03:01 PM

While the Spurs have a game schedule the first available after the All-Star break followed by a back to back. OKC gets to rest until Thursday.:banghead

Eddy from Austin 02-18-14 03:03 PM

There's other star players in the league with "a variety of maladies,".
But they're not coached by Pop.

HeloteSpurs 02-18-14 03:09 PM

Oh man! What the hell is going on with all the injuries? This one is somewhat expected though, Parker has been killing himself year round to play basketball at all levels. I know Patty Mills will be ready to play big minutes even if he still comes off the bench, he will be finishing them out. All the injuries have really been unexpected and who knows maybe this momentum causes the front office to make something happen at trade deadline. I would love an athletic hybrid 3/4 type of player (Thaddeus Young)

Let's finish out the rodeo road trip on a strong note and come back healthy and stronger than ever! GO SPURS GO!

scarlet 02-18-14 05:37 PM

This is not a good time. If we go 500 to march, we will fall to 7th seed.