SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   YES! Another point guard rumor to Spurs lol (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/121127-yes-another-point-guard-rumor-spurs-lol.html)

WILLTHETHRILL 02-14-14 09:39 PM

YES! Another point guard rumor to Spurs lol

Report: Beno Udrih could return to San Antonio via trade | ProBasketballTalk

Mombear 02-15-14 03:03 PM

Well, we haven't won a Championship since he left... so.. uh.. hmm. :wink

clovisnmspurfan 02-15-14 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mombear (Post 1308157)

<!-- END TEMPLATE: newpost_quote -->You have a point!

MRJONESIII 02-15-14 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mombear (Post 1308157)

Wasn't that Speedy Claxton who stepped in for Tony in 07?

Mombear 02-15-14 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRJONESIII (Post 1308163)
Wasn't that Speedy Claxton who stepped in for Tony in 07?

nope... 2003. :slap

alh1020 02-16-14 11:51 AM

I really liked Speedy. He was a decent backup who really pushed Parker to become a better point guard early in his career. I truly believe TP tailored his game and ability to drive to the hole after Speedy. I hated to see Claxton go.

MRJONESIII 02-16-14 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alh1020 (Post 1308184)
I really liked Speedy. He was a decent backup who really pushed Parker to become a better point guard early in his career. I truly believe TP tailored his game and ability to drive to the hole after Speedy. I hated to see Claxton go.

Be nice to have him on our coaching staff.

WILLTHETHRILL 02-16-14 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alh1020 (Post 1308184)

Tony was doing that in his rookie year and before he came to the NBA. His issue was strength and stamina back then. He could get to the cup constantly but couldn't always finish for those same reasons. Speedy was good but had nothing to do with Tony tailoring his game driving to the basket. He had that already. Not picking up Speedy's option was not a great move by RC and Pop either way.

mckennaspur1 02-16-14 08:47 PM

About that option. As I recall, Speedy justifiably wanted to make the most of his new, higher profile because of that playoff run. He wanted to be the starter, and the Spurs weren't going to go in that direction... He got his payday elsewhere.

grizzly_bexar 02-17-14 07:59 PM

When this came up on the radio the other day, somebody mentioned Beno's "corporate knowledge" from being a Spur early in his career.

Corporate knowledge? Beno didn't know the Spurs system WHEN HE WAS HERE, let alone now years later.

WILLTHETHRILL 02-19-14 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar (Post 1308213)
When this came up on the radio the other day, somebody mentioned Beno's "corporate knowledge" from being a Spur early in his career.

Corporate knowledge? Beno didn't know the Spurs system WHEN HE WAS HERE, let alone now years later.

Watching his Spurs cheerleader girlfriend during timeouts was his trademark.