News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 02-05-14, 08:10 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Jared Dudley anybody?

Now here is a guy I could see putting on our team. He has a good contract, he is only 28 years old. He is a good shooter from the field and the 3. He can handle the rock. He has good athleticism and potential to be a good defender.

The only issue is trading with LA and possibly making them better.

Jared Dudley on the block?
February, 5, 2014
FEB 5
9:00
AM ET
By Nick Borges | ESPN.com
RECOMMEND0TWEET0COMMENTS0EMAILPRINT
The 2014 NBA trade deadline is 15 days away and ESPN.com's Marc Stein reports the Los Angeles Clippers are shopping forward Jared Dudley.

Stein writes: "Clippers 'itchy' to make a deal and Jared Dudley, with (playing time) harder to come by and logjam at wing spots, is unexpectedly in play ... hearing now he could be on move before Feb. 20 trade buzzer."

The Clippers, when healthy have plenty of SG's/SF's with Matt Barnes, Reggie Bullock, Jamal Crawford, Willie Green, J.J. Redick, Hedo Turkoglu and Dudley under contract, so reading they are looking to deal one of them makes sense. The Clippers don't have a lot of depth at power forward and center, which will likely be their targets by offering up Dudley.

Dudley is still getting time off the bench as he is averaging 19.2 minutes, 4.2 points, 1.9 rebounds and 1.2 assists over the last 10 games. Dudley is a good player to have in a rotation and he should draw interest from several teams.

Dudley, making $4.25 million, is signed through 2015-16 if he declines his early termination option.

Last edited by choppsboy; 02-05-14 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Changed 38 years old to 28
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-05-14, 12:48 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

only 38 years old? or 28?

dudley for bonner works stright, right? not shure if he is better than bonner tough...

i think bonner is good asset to have (big with 3pt range and decent defense for his limited skills) i only trade bonner for another big athletic or with better defense/rebounding with mid range or 3pt jumper...

bcouse offensively we have redundant bigs in bayness ayres and splitter (range wise) another gonna cloud the roster with limited offense... i really hope they develop mid range jumper FAST!! or trade one of them for equally skilled big, but with range and even better if is someone more mobile/athletic/rugged ...for the ultimate defensive unit

we can try to pack one of the bigs with de colo and or joseph... to get that elusive more talented long SF/ mobile small ball PF with range ...a kawhi 2.0 ideally little heavier, longer...

dreaming

Last edited by JuanCaca; 02-05-14 at 12:51 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-05-14, 05:43 PM
Herman Cain of the board

he sucks at that price. pass
Old 02-06-14, 05:09 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Pass, Danny Green is a better fit, Spurs need a player like Taj Gibson!
Old 02-06-14, 05:24 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnyistheman View Post
Pass, Danny Green is a better fit, Spurs need a player like Taj Gibson!
I agree. Would love someone like Gibson on the team. Dudley gives us nothing the Spurs don't already have... except he is under performing. Pass...
Old 02-06-14, 10:57 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

I'd take Jared Dudley in a heartbeat, but not at the cost of Danny Green for sure. And actually not at the cost of Bonner either, just because our front line is so thin.