News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-14, 04:05 PM
The Chosen One(Moderator)

Healthy Spursí Team Would Still Be Formidable

The Spurs are struggling against the best teams but they still will be true contenders in the playoffs, if their healthy.
Healthy Spurs? Team Would Still Be Formidable

I'm Batman's cousin
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-26-14, 05:25 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

"The Spurs still have several things to improve on in the second half of the season but the team is filled with potential. Once they become healthier, the Spurs will start picking up more quality wins. Green and Leonard will boost their perimeter defense and Splitter will enhance the middle on both ends of the court. So the future of this Spurs’ team still remains promising despite their recent struggles. "

Unfortunately there are a handful of teams OKC, Portland, Indiana etc who have great "potential" in athleticism and size, also know that they have things to improve on before the playoffs and have had no problem beating a healthy Spurs team to date. The teams mentioned above have demonstrated to this point, that they can improve faster than the Spurs since the end of last season. I hope you are correct in that the Spurs will out pace these teams in improvement before the end of the regular season but the regular season improvement race is currently being won by OKC who is learning to beat any opponent without Westbrook. It is not likely that the Spurs stand head and shoulders above other teams in regular season improvement anymore. A number of teams have now achieved this sophistication.

Last edited by Spurd_On; 01-26-14 at 06:35 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-29-14, 03:52 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

...if ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Old 01-29-14, 05:23 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Spurs team have the absolutely best Coach in the NBA now. Don't anyone tell me that coaching is not such an important thing. It is huge!!!
Spurs team have some veteran players who have tons of experience in PO.
This Spurs team is so hungry for PO Run than any other Spurs team I have seen in History. To a point I feel that regular season games seem like not even satisfying to them as they are more focused on PO runs....

After going to finals last year, and besides the fact that a big number of key Spurs players is injured at this time and out. I have a sense that Spurs feel like mentality of coasting. Seriously it could happen to some players if they went all the way to the end of that top of that mountain and went down at the last drop to go back and start fresh with less attention to details and more attention to the big picture.
Yes I believe Spurs are struggling especially vs winning teams because they Spurs are more focused on winning down the road than right now.

Soon we can see Spurs starting to GEL and muster their Positive TEAM energy and starting to dig deep down to find answers and win more critical games vs winning teams. As Spurs get healthier and think clearer the picture will be more clear on which Teams might be cutting thru the WEST to make it to PO land.

There is still a long time. Spurs still can build up... And show up!

True OKC and some other Western team own HCA on us but in a 7 games series the result might very well be different with experience showing.
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 01-29-14, 05:36 PM
SR Team Goof

"Healthy Spursí Team Would Still Be Formidable" -- At this pace, I just hope the Spurs are able to put 5 healthy players on the floor by the time they come to the finish line of the regular season.