News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-14, 10:36 AM
Official SR Home Builder

Sunday Noon Spurs at Heat Game Thread (12:00)

Sun, Jan 26
12:00
AmericanAirlines Arena - Miami, Florida

San Antonio
Spurs
(33-10)

Miami
Heat
(31-12)

Spurs-Heat Preview
By ELI KABERON, Associated Press

No regular season game could match the intensity and pressure of Game 7 in the NBA finals. It was that setting that marked the last time the San Antonio Spurs and Miami Heat shared the floor.

On Sunday, the Spurs head to Miami for the first time since last season's memorable Game 7, looking to exact a small measure of revenge on the Heat after falling just short in their championship series.

"It brings back some memories, and it was one of the greatest finals the NBA has ever seen," Miami's LeBron James said. "But we understand it is a regular season game, and not a finals game."

Both teams look a lot different than they did seven months ago, as injuries have taken their toll on each side's roster. The Spurs are down three key players from the finals, as Danny Green (fractured finger), Tiago Splitter (sprained shoulder) and Kawhi Leonard (broken finger) will all be sidelined for this game. The Heat may be without Dwyane Wade, who has missed the last four games resting his sore knees.

Wade practiced Saturday and will be a game-time decision.

Despite being short-handed, San Antonio (33-10) has still been rolling of late, winning six straight on the road and eight of 10 overall.

The Spurs opened their three-game trip with a 105-79 rout of Atlanta on Friday and avoided back-to-back losses for the first time this season. Tim Duncan had 17 points and 16 rebounds, Boris Diaw scored 21 off the bench and Patrick Mills added 18 on a career-high six 3-pointers.

''We've got big shoes to fill until everyone gets back,'' said Mills. ''Guys go down, we've still got to stick to the game plan."

After allowing 111 points two nights earlier in a loss to Oklahoma CIty, San Antonio returned to its trademark stingy defense in Atlanta. The Spurs outrebounded the Hawks 54-36, including 15 offensive boards that led to 15 second-chance points. That type of output is a rarity, as the Spurs they rank near the bottom of the NBA in offensive rebounds.

In the finals last season, the Spurs held a slight edge in rebounding, but struggled to limit Miami's points off turnovers. The Heat took the ball away 14.6 times a game, leading to 17.0 points per contest in the seven-game series.

The Heat (31-12) seem to have recovered from a rare three-game losing streak earlier this month by winning four of five, including a 109-102 victory over the Los Angeles Lakers on Thursday. With Wade out again, Chris Bosh picked up the slack bymaking his first eight shots on his way to 31 points. James added 27 points and 13 rebounds and is averaging 28.2 points on 53.8 percent from the field and 8.2 boards over the past five games.

"It's a game-to-game thing on how (defenses are) playing you and where you are going to get your looks from and figuring out the best way to be comfortable in how they're playing you," James said. "It took me a few games to do that, but I've just gone back to working on what I've been doing throughout the whole season, which is working on my shot and being a playmaker to help my team win."

Miami, which has won the last four regular season matchups with San Antonio, is 7-1 at home versus Western Conference teams in 2013-14, while the Spurs are 6-0 on the road against the East.
Old 01-26-14, 10:39 AM
Official SR Home Builder

Spurs 102
Heat 98
Old 01-26-14, 11:52 AM
Official Whorry Hater!

SPURS 98
cHEAT 97

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-26-14, 12:32 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-26-14, 01:06 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

BLAH

Old 01-26-14, 01:53 PM
SpursReport Team Member

There is no excitement, determination or anything. I feel the injuries have changed the mood and of course chemistry. And blowing out the garbage teams just don't do it for me. I really think there needs to be a shake up in the trade market. DeColo and possibly Bonner or Baynes needs to hit the bricks.
Old 01-26-14, 01:54 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE,,,, JUST ******* HORRIBLE...

Old 01-26-14, 02:12 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

wow ...please, from this day, sit ginobili against the heat..
The Spurs won because of Tim Duncan, a guy I could never break. I could talk trash to Patrick Ewing, get in David Robinson’s face, get a rise out of Alonzo Mourning, but when I went at Tim he’d look at me like he was bored and then say, “Hey, Shaq, watch this shot right here off the glass.” Shaquille O'Neal on Tim duncan.
Old 01-26-14, 02:20 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

decolo-baynes garbage show? lol they re dangerous close now! wheres mcgrady to hit 13 point in 10 secondsss
The Spurs won because of Tim Duncan, a guy I could never break. I could talk trash to Patrick Ewing, get in David Robinson’s face, get a rise out of Alonzo Mourning, but when I went at Tim he’d look at me like he was bored and then say, “Hey, Shaq, watch this shot right here off the glass.” Shaquille O'Neal on Tim duncan.
Old 01-26-14, 02:26 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Old 01-26-14, 11:52 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Against Good Winning Team it will be such a challenge for this Spurs Team to get a W. Reason: No Confidence in each other in the second half. First Half would be a diff story.... Spurs are facing some chemistry issues in TRUSTING to EXECUTE game plan vs winning teams in the second half. They MUST learn to TRUST each one another more and play more Confident come second half to start CLOSING GAMES vs winning teams or else all winning teams would have HCA...

There is still plenty of time and Spurs are only going to get better from now on. I still BELIEVE in my Spurs power to REBOUND and RESURRECT from death! If there is a team who can do this it is our SPURS!

I know my Spurs will bounce back and dig deep and find a way to get back on the winning column vs winning teams. I know my Spurs are an elite team and they will show the world they are. Let them stay under some radar for now..

Go Spurs Go!
Keep on pounding on that rock baby!
Don't stop get it! Get It!

IT IS ON BABY!!!!SPURS PO TO DIE FOR!
PHENOMENAL TOTAL CONTROLL WITH SPURS BASKETBALL!
LETS DO IT BABY! NO BS!! NO MERCY! ONE GAME AT A TIME. ONE SERIES AT A TIME.
WE WILL CLOSE THEM ALL!!!
FIRST ROUND VICTIMS = DOS MAVS!

Old 01-27-14, 01:46 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

t
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurscrazed View Post
Against Good Winning Team it will be such a challenge for this Spurs Team to get a W. Reason: No Confidence in each other in the second half. First Half would be a diff story.... Spurs are facing some chemistry issues in TRUSTING to EXECUTE game plan vs winning teams in the second half. They MUST learn to TRUST each one another more and play more Confident come second half to start CLOSING GAMES vs winning teams or else all winning teams would have HCA...

There is still plenty of time and Spurs are only going to get better from now on. I still BELIEVE in my Spurs power to REBOUND and RESURRECT from death! If there is a team who can do this it is our SPURS!

I know my Spurs will bounce back and dig deep and find a way to get back on the winning column vs winning teams. I know my Spurs are an elite team and they will show the world they are. Let them stay under some radar for now..

Go Spurs Go!
Keep on pounding on that rock baby!
Don't stop get it! Get It!
Yep and that is what we as fans hope for and even expect! It sounds good every year and some years it comes true! One year though father time will fully catch up and the reality will be the Spurs are not contenders anymore and the old turn it up later will not be a given anymore! We thought so years ago I know in 010 etc. that they were done (Media etc.), but they turned it on later in that year and in 011 as well! Then 12 WCF and next year nearly won the finals! I know one year that has to play out though and reality sets in and the team has it's swan song Will that happen this year no clue, but as of so far this year even before the injuries against very good teams it seemed they were taxed.

I hope you are right, but one year you and us as fans will not be right and then it's the end of the era. I hope that is not this year.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 01-27-14, 09:54 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Time will tell Rzarector7! Hope I am right too.

Just a look at history makes me think so.

Remember Spurs WCF at 2004 Spurs lost to Lakers!
That was a tough loss and a MAJOR STINKER to end one heck of a Spurs PO-RUN.

Then came 2005 when Spurs won their third Championship....And DROB retired! It was another historical Championship Run in 05 to bounce back that quick form Fisher's unsightly shot.

In fact Spurs might have even won B2B2B 03, 04, 05 if it wasn't for fisher's shot!

Now with Miami had that Ray Allen Shot in the finals. It stunk so badly!!!

I am liking the REVENGE of my SPURS in 2014.
This has to become as a GIANT STING to all other teams facing my Spurs come PO time.

That is all if course depending on Spurs will have the healthy team when it counts.

There is no reason why Spurs would not go to finals this year. If they are healthy they will and will make huge noise in PO. They will figure out a way to be there right... And put all the chips in place come PO time.

I Believe in my Spurs!

IT IS ON BABY!!!!SPURS PO TO DIE FOR!
PHENOMENAL TOTAL CONTROLL WITH SPURS BASKETBALL!
LETS DO IT BABY! NO BS!! NO MERCY! ONE GAME AT A TIME. ONE SERIES AT A TIME.
WE WILL CLOSE THEM ALL!!!
FIRST ROUND VICTIMS = DOS MAVS!

Old 01-27-14, 11:41 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurscrazed View Post
Time will tell Rzarector7! Hope I am right too.

Just a look at history makes me think so.

Remember Spurs WCF at 2004 Spurs lost to Lakers!
That was a tough loss and a MAJOR STINKER to end one heck of a Spurs PO-RUN.

Then came 2005 when Spurs won their third Championship....And DROB retired! It was another historical Championship Run in 05 to bounce back that quick form Fisher's unsightly shot.

In fact Spurs might have even won B2B2B 03, 04, 05 if it wasn't for fisher's shot!

Now with Miami had that Ray Allen Shot in the finals. It stunk so badly!!!

I am liking the REVENGE of my SPURS in 2014.
This has to become as a GIANT STING to all other teams facing my Spurs come PO time.

That is all if course depending on Spurs will have the healthy team when it counts.

There is no reason why Spurs would not go to finals this year. If they are healthy they will and will make huge noise in PO. They will figure out a way to be there right... And put all the chips in place come PO time.

I Believe in my Spurs!
D Rob retired after ring #2 in 03, 04 was the first year without him when Fisher made that shot. History is just that now though, that team had guys in their prime then and was a great defensive team! Tim in his prime was a whole different demon in 05 bad ankles in the playoffs and all! He was an all star then and 1st team All NBA. Manu in 05 was a whole different Demon too so no comparison there. You brought it way back! No relation sides a few names on this team now to that prime Spurs team, that team would have beaten the Heat last year easily.

I don't know if healthy it is nearly that easy as you are making it to make the finals, sounds more like wishful thinking right now to me as far as that post goes! I have to see progress and some playing at a high level befeore I think this team has what it takes this year, not use years past in the 00's as an indicator. I want to believe but reality creeps in too, age and some things not going well for them this year so far (They are banged up too like you said), so I can believe all I want but I watch the game alot and see things that make me think do they have it or not? Right now they don't but hopefully in time they might?

OKC will probably have HC if they continue to play like this and Portland might stay up there too and challenge us for #2 seed, if the Spurs can stay there. Portland is also a matchup problem along with Houston, none would be easy to take out in the playoffs and thats the bottom line (West is tough). I hope they can do it and go on another run, one year though the age will show and they will no longer be contenders anymore (Just a playoff team) and I hope to GOD it is not that year this year after those finals we had and lost.

GO SPURS it is! I am still here and a fan but it's hard for me to see them as a title team right now.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.