News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 01-23-14, 09:34 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Absolutely atrocious!

Yes I'm a Spurs fan til death do us part, but the NBA needs to figure out a better way to get the right guys in the All Star game. LaMarcus Aldridge doesn't make it, Roy Hibbert doesn't make it....this $h!t is crazy. Just terrible Aldridge is doing work and he gets this kind of treatment ? What's next 16 teams from the East playoff bracket!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-23-14, 09:44 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Its mostly adolescent fan votes from major urban centers. Its always been that way and always will be. Its only atrocious if you take it seriously. I know I never do. I'm always on basketball vacation during the AS break.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-23-14, 10:12 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurd_On View Post
Its mostly adolescent fan votes from major urban centers. Its always been that way and always will be. Its only atrocious if you take it seriously. I know I never do. I'm always on basketball vacation during the AS break.
Fans need to be taken away from voting like Chuck said on TNT years ago! His words take the damn voting away from the fans and I agree.

I agree too on the AS break, I might watch an event or two if I am out at a bar or just bored out of my mind, mostly though I miss the whole thing and never care.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 01-23-14, 11:35 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

The League knows this is money in the bank in terms of clothing and accessories and building a future fan base. That's why it will not likely change. The mature and knowledgeable just have to deal with it as an annoyance or, in my case, ignore it. It is great for the kids and people have fun which is a good thing.

Last edited by Spurd_On; 01-23-14 at 11:39 PM.
Old 01-24-14, 12:19 AM
SpursReport Rookie

All star game is trash every year. No one tries at all and it is just boring to watch. I hope none of our players go this year because its a waste of time and they need the extra time off. All Star game should be played at the end of year. Winning team gets home court advantage in the finals,and each winning player gets a million in cash.

Last edited by scarlet; 01-24-14 at 12:21 AM.
Old 01-24-14, 07:48 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

I don't mind that the starters are picked by the fans. The coaches pick the rest of the team, and that usually assures that the right people get in the game.
Old 01-25-14, 12:09 PM
SpursReport Team Member

The NBA should let MLB pick the starters it works SO WELL in MLBs hall of fame votes.
Old 01-27-14, 03:17 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

speaking of Barkley...

Whether he returns in time to play a couple of obligatory minutes in New Orleans remains to be seen. But, believe it or not, TNT analyst Charles Barkley has an opinion about whether Bryant should try to play again this season. “It’s not going to matter,” Barkley said about the Lakers. “They are going to stink with him or without him, it really doesn’t make a difference. They are not a good team, they are not going to be a good team. If he is thinking about the future and he wants to win another championship, they should try to get a great draft pick. He should get healthy for the rest of the season. I think he will make a big mistake coming back.”

NBA Short Takes | Star Tribune