News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-14, 01:35 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Would trade be worth it for Spurs/Pelicans? DeColo, Bonner, Green for Tyreke Evans

I don't know if New Orleans would do it, but they might want Bonner, they might like Green, and they might like De Colo.

I think Evans would fit in as starting Guard, or main backup to Kawhi and Ginobili's replacement.

HE IS ATHLETIC!

O. K.

You can all trash me now.
Old 01-20-14, 01:42 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Here is an article claiming the Pelicans would like to trade Evans or Gordon. I would rather have Evans.

Here is a Quote; "if the Pelicans front office can find a taker for either Evans or Gordon, it might be addition by subtraction."

If that is their attitude, they might like Green for a very reasonable contract, and two players in the last year of their contracts.
Old 01-20-14, 01:43 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

They had a chance at him in free agency, but signed Manu and Tiago. Plus we lose Green's shooting and defense, Bonners size and shooting. I liked us getting him in free agency, but now it's just too late. He handles the rock, slashes to the lane, would probably be a better defender in our system, but is not a particularly a good shooter. But in the end, each sides picked different directions.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-20-14, 01:44 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Here is an article about Evan's defense.
Old 01-20-14, 04:31 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

ok, basically is green for him... bonner didnt play that much when other bigs are healthy... and with diaw strong play and adition of ayres is fairly expendable... decolo fall off the rotation anyway...

questions about evans: has mid range jumper (or mechanics to develope under chip E.)? can cut to the basket with eggs err energy and dunk or draw fouls on a consistent basis? can handle the rock off the dribble or dish better than green or decolo? thanks!
Old 01-20-14, 05:57 PM
Herman Cain of the board

I liked him from back in his high school days as a blue chip prospect. Had an awesome rookie year but has gone down in stats each year since. Even with trading Bonner.........I might look for another player at his contract price.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-20-14, 05:58 PM
Herman Cain of the board

I liked him from back in his high school days as a blue chip prospect. Had an awesome rookie year but has gone down in stats each year since. Even with trading Bonner.........I might look for another player at his contract price.
Old 01-20-14, 06:21 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Yeah, not sure if he fits our program.
Old 01-20-14, 07:22 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I think he'd fit well,a ball handler with that size and strength and ability to get to the rim with ferocity, plus doesn't seem to have a bad attitude. Oh yeah and he's young and athletic. I would take him over Green all day, but it's all just wishful thinking.
Old 01-22-14, 02:29 PM
SpursReport Rookie

No he cant shoot the three ball and does not move well without the ball so he wont be good for the team. Personally I think Gordan Hayward is a much better fit.
Old 01-22-14, 05:06 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet View Post
No he cant shoot the three ball and does not move well without the ball so he wont be good for the team. Personally I think Gordan Hayward is a much better fit.
And why would Utah move him????????
And for who and what in return?
Let's be real...........
Old 01-22-14, 07:25 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
How do you know he doesn't move well without the ball? Could it be the coaching or lack there of he's been getting, or maybe not the right system for him. So if the coach runs a play for him coming off a staggered screen for a wide open 17' jumper and he practices it all the time.... Why couldn't he move without the ball any other time. Tony Parker couldn't shoot the ball for ish, now look at him. These guys are pros for a reason. They just have to learn how to want to be coached and practice the craft necessary for them to be effective ball players.
Old 01-23-14, 08:15 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
word is that Hayward is looking for a max contract when rookie deal is up. I don't think he has much more potential than Evans, and Evans is locked in at 10 mill or so per season. I would much rather take a Tyreke Evans, who people are kinda giving up on and turn him into a Spur than a Gordon Hayward, who thinks he deserves to be paid like one of the best players in the game right now but hasn't proven crap.
Old 01-23-14, 09:11 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

interesting salary on some players...

Player Contracts | Basketball-Reference.com
Old 01-23-14, 11:13 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
word is that Hayward is looking for a max contract when rookie deal is up. I don't think he has much more potential than Evans, and Evans is locked in at 10 mill or so per season. I would much rather take a Tyreke Evans, who people are kinda giving up on and turn him into a Spur than a Gordon Hayward, who thinks he deserves to be paid like one of the best players in the game right now but hasn't proven crap.
Evans' deal is I think is more closer to 11 million per season but whatever. The guy is getting worse every year in the league. He would kill the salary cap here for a while. Even though I liked Tyreke long ago............I will pass! Oh! 11.8 million this year?! HECK NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by WILLTHETHRILL; 01-23-14 at 12:35 PM. Reason: research on his salary
Old 01-23-14, 12:04 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
I saw an article that said he was specifically not asking for the max deal. But he still as not re-signed with Utah. Most likely he wants around 12 million. The kid is getting better every year so he might be worth it.

Anyway I think the spurs should try to get him. To be honest I don't really care about the cap. This probably our last chance to win. We will never see another championship in our lifetime, so we have to go all out.