News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-14, 02:12 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Spurs very aggressive in the trade market

From the article:

"The Spurs have been unusually aggressive trying to upgrade their roster in the trade market, a signal to rival execs that Gregg Popovich and R.C. Buford realize this might be the final shot at a title with the triumvirate of Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili. Duncan, 37, has a $10.4 million player option for next season, and Parkers future also has to be addressed; only $3.5 million of his $12.5 million for next season is guaranteed."

HERE is the link.
Old 01-10-14, 02:38 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I hear that NY is giving away J.R. Smith...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-10-14, 03:18 PM
Flying Monkey Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasamohT View Post
I hear that NY is giving away J.R. Smith...
There's more heat in Thaddeus Young's direction right now.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-10-14, 03:33 PM
Herman Cain of the board

TRADE BONNER! PLEASE!
Old 01-10-14, 03:57 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Go get Taj Gibson....
Old 01-10-14, 04:03 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom32x4 View Post
There's more heat in Thaddeus Young's direction right now.
Young would be interesting but I don't know that we have what Philly is looking for.

Another potential is Andre Miller. It never hurts to have a decent, smart, veteran backup pg.
Old 01-10-14, 04:29 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Or the speculation could be mis-directed and they are looking for draft picks.
Old 01-10-14, 05:17 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurd_On View Post
Or the speculation could be mis-directed and they are looking for draft picks.
When RC and Pop's names come up regarding strategy, trades and draft picks, I'm learning to wait until it happens rather than speculate or try to pick their thoughts --- I get such a headache. Usually in the end, it's all a smoke screen, as you said with misdirection, or they get somebody that nobody ever thought about or who was never on anybody's radar.
Old 01-10-14, 05:52 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Matt bonner, Nando de colo, and our first round pick for Jeff Green. it could happen. Oh Green plays for the Celtics. Also could the spurs be targeting Rando.I here he will be back soon from injury.

Last edited by rooster; 01-10-14 at 06:03 PM.
Old 01-10-14, 06:43 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Why do people hate on Bonner so much? The guy has been with us for a long time and loves San Antonio. Has has shot the 3 ball very well(over 40 %).
Old 01-10-14, 07:07 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet View Post
Why do people hate on Bonner so much? The guy has been with us for a long time and loves San Antonio. Has has shot the 3 ball very well(over 40 %).
And is a team player, has become a decent defender,etc.
Old 01-10-14, 07:52 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet View Post
If he plays the role he did last year in the playoffs based on matchup only and is not overused like POP did in the past when it was a bad matchup he is fine! He fits a role, when not overused does that role pretty well. If he is overused though he sucks in certain games and series, period.

I would trade this guy in a package though or solo if it netted anything back worth while, believe that.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 01-11-14, 05:08 AM
The Master Baiter

If true, they'd have to give up something more substantial than Bonner and De Colo. If they really think this is the last shot, they need more than a third string guy. Wouldn't be surprised to see a regular go, again, if true.
Old 01-11-14, 11:26 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

IMHO

If we are trading for a starter, we need to be replacing Danny Green.

If we are not looking for a starter, we are looking for a PF/SF who can defend big's in a small ball lineup.

Our assets are Bonner's expiring contract, De Colo, Joseph, and Danny Green.

We can trade Green even if we don't get a SG in return due to Belinelli's exceptional play.
Old 01-11-14, 12:38 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
......Our assets are Bonner's expiring contract, De Colo, Joseph, and Danny Green......
I would also include Ayres, Baynes and Diaw as tradable assets, depending on the end prize. But the players you mentioned would be sufficient to not totally gut the team.

Old 01-11-14, 01:32 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
I would also include Ayres, Baynes and Diaw as tradable assets, depending on the end prize. But the players you mentioned would be sufficient to not totally gut the team.

I would rather keep Diaw unless we were making a really serious move.
Old 01-11-14, 03:30 PM
SR Team Goof

Ditto
Old 01-11-14, 03:55 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
I would rather keep Diaw unless we were making a really serious move.
Yes, he is probably our 5th or 6th best player and second best big man. TP,TD,KL,MG,MB... And Diaw, other than that, everyone else is fair game.
Old 01-11-14, 10:01 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
Yes, he is probably our 5th or 6th best player and second best big man. TP,TD,KL,MG,MB... And Diaw, other than that, everyone else is fair game.
i keep tiago and patty... just in case...
Old 01-11-14, 11:44 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I think Diaw is the most underrated Spur. He is a cog that makes Pop's system work better. Boris is on my list of Spurs that are not tradable.
Old 01-12-14, 08:29 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Jeff Green is good but has plenty of cash left on his contract. IF Bos is willing to give him up for a cap saving deal, I would take him in a heartbeat.
Old 01-13-14, 08:41 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcantgetright View Post
Jeff Green is good but has plenty of cash left on his contract. IF Bos is willing to give him up for a cap saving deal, I would take him in a heartbeat.
What position would he play?

He is too big for a SG.

He isn't better than Kawhi or Duncan, so he would have to come off the bench at SF or PF.

He doesn't fit.
Old 01-13-14, 02:41 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Maybe Bonner IS being shopped? He logged 14 points in 22 minutes last game.
Old 01-13-14, 02:43 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

So George Karl went on New York radio last week to find a way to save his former player's career, and his idea was to get Smith to the Spurs as quickly as possible. “I think right now that's the position, if I was J.R.'s agent (I would take),” Karl said. A Spurs staffer laughed at that Saturday and thanked Karl with considerable sarcasm. Does Karl have any other terrific ideas such as, oh, bringing back Dennis Rodman to work in marketing? But a New York writer seconded Karl's suggestion, because that's the perception of Gregg Popovich around the league.

HoopsHype - San Antonio Spurs Rumors
Old 01-13-14, 03:04 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpur View Post
So George Karl went on New York radio last week to find a way to save his former player's career, and his idea was to get Smith to the Spurs as quickly as possible. I think right now that's the position, if I was J.R.'s agent (I would take), Karl said. A Spurs staffer laughed at that Saturday and thanked Karl with considerable sarcasm. Does Karl have any other terrific ideas such as, oh, bringing back Dennis Rodman to work in marketing? But a New York writer seconded Karl's suggestion, because that's the perception of Gregg Popovich around the league.
I think Craig Sager or Jeff Van Gundy should do a followup interview with Pop to see where he and the Spurs actually stand on this issue. SARCASM!!

Old 01-13-14, 03:13 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpur View Post
Maybe Bonner IS being shopped? He logged 14 points in 22 minutes last game.
At the game last night I told my wife that I was surprised Bonner was playing a lot of minutes, but that could be attributed to his hot 3-point shooting or maybe we're playing back-to-back and Pop wanted to rest a few guys. But I have to agree with you, I believe Mattt's being shopped and his timely performance last night didn't hurt any........from a Spurs management point of view.

Old 01-14-14, 07:10 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

I think Bonner is being shopped as well. I would like to see Green go only if it means a combo sg/sf with the emphasis being able to guard sf's. With Green, Bonner and say De Colo or Cojo, I think we have the necessary parts to swing for the fences. That could afford us a player at roughly $9-10 Million

- Confucius
Old 01-15-14, 03:53 PM
SpursReport Team Member

No to trading Diaw. He makes the 2nd team go.

Old 01-15-14, 05:28 PM
SpursReport 2010 And 2014 Pick The Winner Champion

Matt Bonner will get many more minutes in the stretch. Ayres is giving his all but hes a good enforcer, but he is very limited otherwise. Pop is giving him more time so he feels adjusted to the system, but hell probably shuffle a lot between Ayres and Bonner depending on the matchups.