SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   The Grooming of Malcolm Thomas (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/120820-grooming-malcolm-thomas.html)

Spurd_On 01-02-14 03:58 PM

The Grooming of Malcolm Thomas

The Spurs seem to be grooming Malcolm Thomas into the pic n roll and away from his post game which probably wouldn't translate well into the NBA as he only weighs 225 pounds. Granted he is playing against a team with virtually no defense but he looks extremely smooth and comfortable with the adjustment. I hope we get to see him soon in a Spurs uniform.

Now On Assignment From The Spurs, Malcolm Thomas Continues To Impress - Ridiculous Upside

alh1020 01-02-14 04:41 PM

He sure looks comfortable shooting the 3 pointer and seems at home playing around the rim. But at his height/weight, I would say he wouldn’t be playing the power forward or center positions in SA as it looks like he does in Austin. And he sure won’t be wearing the #50 here either. Aside from that, I hope the Spurs don’t let Thomas slip away without giving him a serious opportunity playing with the parent club and players. He could be a pleasant surprise, just like Kawhi. I’m like you, can’t wait to see him get his chance.

Guapo 01-02-14 07:31 PM

Small forward in the grooming process? How is his D?

Spurd_On 01-02-14 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guapo (Post 1306808)
Small forward in the grooming process? How is his D?

He may be but he may still be used as a stretch 4 now that he has an outside shot. According to the article his D is better than ever but I'm not sure he has the lateral quickness of a SF defender.

<!-- END TEMPLATE: newpost_quote -->

truebeliever 01-03-14 02:03 PM

According to Hoopshype, Malcolm is one of the few players that CANNOT be traded this year. The Front Office must really want to see him develop. I am excited to see him grow as a player.FireySpurs

alh1020 01-03-14 03:52 PM

The Spurs have to start grooming for the future and may as well start now with Thomas, Leonard and the younger core we got, if we don't include them in a trade for a 'seasoned veteran' for the championship run in the near future.

Spurd_On 01-03-14 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alh1020 (Post 1306817)
The Spurs have to start grooming for the future and may as well start now with Thomas, Leonard and the younger core we got, if we don't include them in a trade for a 'seasoned veteran' for the championship run in the near future.

I expect Belinelli to be re-signed after 2 years and Adam Hanga replacing Ginobili. Davis Bertrans and Malcolm Thomas would be nice options if their games translate to the NBA and then there is also that French kid whose name eludes me at the moment.

alh1020 01-03-14 05:21 PM

I had completely forgotten about Hanga. Livio, we picked in last years draft with our 1st round pick. Skinny kid about 6-10", kind of reminds me Ian Mahinmi when we drafted him way back when. As I remember, Bertrans is another skinny kid about 6-10" and has a fairly good 3 point shot. Only time will tell what the Spurs have in their future.

choppsboy 01-04-14 11:04 AM

The Spurs future is right around the corner. We are going to have a completely different team by 2015/16.

I really hope Pop (and TP) stay. I really want to see what Pop can do without TD and Manu. If he can keep winning he has a chance to be the best NBA coach ever.

Spurd_On 01-04-14 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choppsboy (Post 1306832)
The Spurs future is right around the corner. We are going to have a completely different team by 2015/16.

I really hope Pop (and TP) stay. I really want to see what Pop can do without TD and Manu. If he can keep winning he has a chance to be the best NBA coach ever.

If Pop was expecting to have a replacement for himself any time soon, that opportunity probably slipped away this past summer.

clovisnmspurfan 01-04-14 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spurd_On (Post 1306833)
If Pop was expecting to have a replacement for himself any time soon, that opportunity probably slipped away this past summer.

<!-- END TEMPLATE: newpost_quote -->You are spot on.