News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-13, 12:30 AM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Tony Parker Open To Extension With Spurs, Looking Elsewhere If Core Leaves!!!

Tony Parker made it clear that he intends to prioritize staying with the San Antonio Spurs through free agency in 2015.

If I can yeah," Parker said. The history here, they always take care of the guys. They did it with [Tim Duncan] and Manu [Ginobili], so hopefully they take care of me. At the end of this year they have to guarantee my year after, so, technically, maybe, Ill be a free agent this summer.

Parker signed a four-year, $50 million extension in 2010. He is owed $25 million in the last two years of his contract, but the final year is partially guaranteed for $3.5 million if he is waived by June 30, 2014 and fully guaranteed for $12.5 million after that.

I just dont want a guarantee, I want an extension, too," Parker said.

When asked whether he would look elsewhere if Gregg Popovich or Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili leave the game, Parker said, I want to stay positive, but if it doesnt work out, then it doesnt work out. My wish is to stay here and play my whole career here, but if there is no more Pop or Timmy or Manu, Im not against going somewhere. Im not against that.

Source: Jabari Young/San Antonio Express-News
LINK