SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Top 3 Gifts the Spurs Need (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/120796-top-3-gifts-spurs-need.html)

Flipmode Master 12-26-13 02:00 PM

Top 3 Gifts the Spurs Need

The San Antonio Spurs have been playing well for the most part but they are lacking wins against the best teams in the league, what do they need?

http://www.mvptexas.com/nba/2717-top...purs-need.html

Spurd_On 12-26-13 04:43 PM

The hype and expectations people put on Kawhi Leonard gets old. He's a good small forward, fun to watch and suits the Spurs needs. Let the guy develop his game without expecting him to save the Spurs and show up on the All Star roster because that's not likely to happen any time soon.

Flipmode Master 12-26-13 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spurd_On (Post 1306639)
The hype and expectations people put on Kawhi Leonard gets old. He's a good small forward, fun to watch and suits the Spurs needs. Let the guy develop his game without expecting him to save the Spurs and show up on the All Star roster because that's not likely to happen any time soon.

I don't think most people are asking him to do something that he hasn't already showed us last year in the playoffs. I think Pop needs to take the leash off and let the guy play.

thesuspence281 12-26-13 10:26 PM

I think the thing that bugs me is how mild mannered kawhi comes across. I know people say he's like tim but you can clearly see tims passion when he gets fired up. I just wanna see some fire and desire in kawhi. I know he can be a great player but I just don't know whats guna be different for him until Tim and Manu are gone.

Spurd_On 12-29-13 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flipmode Master (Post 1306646)
I don't think most people are asking him to do something that he hasn't already showed us last year in the playoffs. I think Pop needs to take the leash off and let the guy play.

What leash?

<!-- END TEMPLATE: newpost_quote -->

Flipmode Master 12-29-13 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spurd_On (Post 1306717)
What leash?

<!-- END TEMPLATE: newpost_quote -->

Uhhh playing a young player like that 25 mins a game like tonight can be looked upon as a bit of a leash. Leonard would be playing 40 mins on any other team...I think he should average atleast 35...not below 30 like he is.

spurscrazed 12-29-13 11:58 PM

dNice article!

1. Tony I believe will become back an MVP for Spurs as season progresses. No question Tony is the Spurs Go to Guy. He is DA MAN!
That is why Pop keeps sporadically saving him as much as he can. Pop knows he needs to keep that Tony fresh for a long time this season to stay fresh come PO!

2. Spurs are yet to get their legs back, but when they do and when TP is back to his normal last year strength, Spurs will be back to beat ANY QUALITY NBA Teams. I would rather Spurs take it slowly and surely they will get there. I don't really care if the Spurs win as much as I care now that they get IMPROVED especially defensively on a consistent basis. If Spurs can keep that Grinding Defensive Scheme consistent they will be a FORCE to be reckoned in this league. LEONARD is that key for this defense. But we need all Spurs to keep it up not just TD and Leonard on a consistent basis.

3. LOVE LEONARD and he is such a blooming Super Star in the makes. He had showed us how HUNGRY he can be for doing so well. I swear to God he amazes me so many times with his plays. Has has such an Incredible DRIVE along with a Very High BASKETBALL IQ. Still, Leonard still is missing few tweaks here and there.

I think the difference between Leonard and Tim, Tony and Manu besides that NBA and Pop -Spurs experience in that Style of play Pop had been changing in the last few years. While Leonard will probably force Pop to again change his style to a better newer one. Pop is still utilizing an old style for now there is no doubt in my mind Pop would slowly end up tweaking it toward Leonard's style. One thing we know Pop is very meticulous when he starts new things.:wink