SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Former Spur singled out for poor play (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/120793-former-spur-singled-out-poor-play.html)

SilverSpur 12-26-13 12:09 PM

Former Spur singled out for poor play

There was frustration in the Knicks’ locker room after the 123-94 Christmas Day loss to Oklahoma City. None more than from Beno Udrih, the third-string point guard who now has been forced into the starting role after injuries to Raymond Felton (groin) and Pablo Prigioni. Udrih has been singled out for poor play on several occasions by Mike Woodson in the press and appears to have had enough. “It’s easy to point fingers when the team loses. But it comes down to we are a team, we lose together,” Udrih said. “No matter who makes a mistake or who doesn’t, it’s still a team loss. So I think all of this stuff should be kept out of the media and not call certain people out.”

Point guard Beno Udrih was defensive over recent criticism of his play, stemming from last week’s last-second loss to the Wizards in which Bradley Beal slipped by him for a go-ahead layup. “I’ve been playing this sport professionally for 16 years, different leagues and here, this is my 10th year,” Udrih said. “Usually, I was a guy that somehow made the right play at the end of the games or stuff like that. I’ve always been pretty good with not turning over the ball and this year, it’s totally different. I don’t know what happened that summer. I don’t think I forgot [how] to play basketball, so there’s a lot of factors.”

Mike Woodson's criticism starting to bother Knicks PG Beno Udrih - NY Daily News

Flipmode Master 12-26-13 01:21 PM

He is right but jeezus I saw Beno hit the side of the backboard after being WIDE OPEN for jumpers...TWICE...lol. What are the odds? And Im not talking about grazed the backboard..."it slipped" sort of shots...I'm talking about he took time to aim and nailed the side of the backboard...haha...smh.

alh1020 12-26-13 04:16 PM

The Knicks and Nets’ players were both boasting in preseason that they each were the ‘big men on campus’ in New York City and would be runaway winners in the East. The Knicks with their high priced spread roster of Stoudemire, Chandler, Bargnani, Anthony, JR Smith and Felton aren’t exactly burning up the league in this young season and are definitely on the path to the lottery. To me, the reality is that Woodson might be looking over his shoulder for management to deliver the pink slip and show him the door before the ball drops in Times Square on New Year’s Eve. Neither Felton nor Prigioni were putting up all-star stats at the guard position and picking on Udrich sure isn’t helping any with Woodson needing someone to place the blame. As for Udrich’s shooting, with the criticism and lack of support being shown to him by his coach, I’d be a little timid about putting the ball up myself and be a little paranoid too with hopes I get out of the arena in one piece. I gotta feel for the Knicks fans, that organization sure has dropped the ball over the years.