News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 12-23-13, 05:09 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Houston - Brooklynn Trade Rumor

NBA Trade Rumors: Houston Rockets, Brooklyn Nets talked trading Jeremy Lin, Omer Asik for Deron Williams

Jeremy Lin, Omer Asik for Deron Williams?

Clearly they are looking to replace Lopez who is out with injury.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-23-13, 09:57 AM
SR Team Goof

Guess Houston will attempt what Dallas tried to do, bring Williams and Howard together.
Old 12-23-13, 10:39 AM
SpursReport 2010 And 2014 Pick The Winner Champion

Unlike the trade Kawhi for Hill; I see both teams losing after this trade if done.
Old 12-23-13, 11:38 AM
Been here too long to be a Spursreport Rookie

Brooklyn would be dumb to entertain this offer, but I don't see how it would hurt Houston. DWill is better than Lin, and Asik is a bench player.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-23-13, 03:01 PM
SpursReport 2010 And 2014 Pick The Winner Champion

Dwill is talented, but I donīt see him as a good locker room presence. Put him alongside Howard and IDK. I donīt see good happening there.
Old 12-23-13, 03:54 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

I've always expected DWill to use his size to become the outstanding PG in the league. He's never come close to that, and he seems to be regressing. He's certainly done squat during his time in Brooklyn, not remotely justifying his salary or rep. Plus, he's a coach-killer. Teaming him with Howard looks like a pairing of the vastly overrated.

On the Brooklyn end of things: they're just a mess. They've paid way too much money (and draft position) for all the wrong pieces. I like Lin, but not at that salary level. I like Asik and figure he could prosper in NYC.

I don't think this deal makes either team much better, but it might give both of them more balance.
Old 12-23-13, 08:54 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Brooklyn lose bad out of this, two bench players for a true starting PG? Deron may not have reached his potential but with a shooter and true centre he has a much better platform to do this. I think Houston could be very dangerous with this trade..... if it is true I had heard they had pushed away from the table for now.
Old 12-23-13, 11:34 PM
The Amazing!

Back in his Utah days I use to think Dwill was the man but I would not want him on my team today. Coach killer and under performer. True Houston would get rid of an unhapppy Osik but they would get someone back potentially even more toxic.
Old 12-27-13, 02:41 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kager View Post
Brooklyn lose bad out of this, two bench players for a true starting PG? Deron may not have reached his potential but with a shooter and true centre he has a much better platform to do this. I think Houston could be very dangerous with this trade..... if it is true I had heard they had pushed away from the table for now.
While it's true that Asik does come off the bench, that's only because he's on the same team as Dwight Howard.
He really is a fantastic defensive player. His offense is Bowen-ish, though. Take the putbacks, and don't expect anything else.

Last year he started on a playoff team. With Howard, there wasn't enough offense on the floor when they played together.