SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   D'Antonio- Center Killer? (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/120753-dantonio-center-killer.html)

rapidEtpetit 12-13-13 03:33 PM

D'Antonio- Center Killer?

Gasol, D’Antoni Remain At Odds « Hang Time Blog with Sekou Smith | NBA.com

First Dwight, now Pau? Can this man not utilize big men unless they are doing a constant pick-and-roll with the now antiquated Nash?

Side note: What are the chances we could get Pau for a final ring push? His price tag is heavy $19Mil, but it DOES expire at the end of the season. I.e. we wouldn't have to re-up him. What if we got rid of Split/Bonner/Colo/Joseph and got Gasol in return?

IMO we're still deep enough without Split and Bonner now that Diaw has found his shot. Gasol next to Tim, Diaw and Baynes back up. The guards are a log-jam anyway. Marco/Manu/TP/Green and Mills seem plenty.

Lakers dump Pau for the free agency and we re-create the Twin Towers + KY + TP + The Foreign Legion for ring number 5.

rapidEtpetit 12-13-13 03:41 PM

Also, as was mentioned elsewhere, the Lakers are currently shopping for guards....one can dream?

b1gdon 12-13-13 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rapidEtpetit (Post 1306369)
Gasol, D’Antoni Remain At Odds « Hang Time Blog with Sekou Smith | NBA.com

First Dwight, now Pau? Can this man not utilize big men unless they are doing a constant pick-and-roll with the now antiquated Nash?

Side note: What are the chances we could get Pau for a final ring push? His price tag is heavy $19Mil, but it DOES expire at the end of the season. I.e. we wouldn't have to re-up him. What if we got rid of Split/Bonner/Colo/Joseph and got Gasol in return?

IMO we're still deep enough without Split and Bonner now that Diaw has found his shot. Gasol next to Tim, Diaw and Baynes back up. The guards are a log-jam anyway. Marco/Manu/TP/Green and Mills seem plenty.

Lakers dump Pau for the free agency and we re-create the Twin Towers + KY + TP + The Foreign Legion for ring number 5.

Sure, but why would the Lakers want to take this deal? Kobe$24M + Split$10M + Nash$3M (cut/stretch provision) + CoJo$2M would leave them with about $10M to go after a free agent. In return they get a mediocre center not on a value contract and a PG who's ceiling is as a decent backup...maybe.

The only long term salary the Lakers should look to put on with this deal is a value contract. Anything else is worse than just letting Pau walk in free agency. The Spurs only have 3 value contracts...Parker, Duncan, and Leonard. I wouldn't trade any one of them for a 33 year old Gasol...unless his first name was Marc and he is 28 years old.

alh1020 12-13-13 04:56 PM

That 19 mil price tag would be very costly and gives one pause. Do we want to gut the team for one guy and cripple any future trade possibilities between now and Feb trade deadline? But a tandem of TD and Gasol would be nice, particularly when Pau has a deadlier shot from 15’, can draw the defense out and is a pretty good passer in his own right. A change of scenery might recharge Gasol’s game but doing business with a team in our conference gives me heartburn. But it is a nice Christmas wish. Hope you get your stocking stuffer.

e_93gsx 12-15-13 12:59 AM

Beno and Scolas rights. If he makes to be a free agent I would throw some money at him in the off season. The ways Pop manages minutes I think he could still have 3-4 years left in him.