News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 12-12-13, 01:04 PM
Herman Cain of the board

WTT TRADE IDEA (opinion)

Greivis Vasquez for Cory Joseph and Nando De Colo. Trade also includes a 2017 second rounder to Spurs.

Vasquez can play both guard spots and is a very good passer too. Mills is better than Cory and Nando at this point. If it doesn't work out Vasquez is a free agent. Toronto would get one of it's own plus Nando could beef up their guard position as well. Works on both ends. Raptors have two second rounders in 2017 and the Spurs would get the lesser value of the two.

Thoughts?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-12-13, 01:57 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

It sounds good, but when would he get to play?
Old 12-12-13, 02:21 PM
SR Team Goof

Of the players Toronto got back in the Rudy Gay trade, Vazquez is the only one I really liked. I saw him play at Maryland before coming to the NBA and the couple times he has played against the Spurs, heís been a pain in the ass, but very effective. At 6í6Ē, I think he plays both the point and the 2 guard and you are right, heís a good passer. And playing the point and his size affords him the ability to take his man low in the block. If a trade like what youíre proposing were to present itself, I wouldnít be opposed to it. But with Patty Mills and Marco Belinelli both playing remarkably well at this seasonís start, Cory and Nando both seem to be expendable at this point. However, if a trade like this were to happen, isnít there some kind of probationary period after a trade where a player canít be touched? Besides, with his size, I see him either battling Kyle Lowry for the starting point guard spot or playing the #2 spot. But I do think he would look good in the silver and black.
Old 12-12-13, 02:53 PM
SpursReport Rookie

The Raptors are in talks with teams to trade away Kyle Lowry, meaning Vasquez is the man they want to be their starting PG. I don't think he would get enough time here to really produce, plus we don't really need him at the 1 or 2. Tony Parker is playing well and FINALLY we have established Patty Mills at the primary back up PG, and on the SG we have a log jam that's being used beautifully between Green, Ginobili, and Belinelli.

If a trade should happen it should be for a SF or better yet a SF/PF hybrid type of player (ex: Al-Farouq Aminu)

Just my $0.02
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-12-13, 03:52 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

The Lakers just lost their 3rd PG to injury, so I would imagine that they are shopping.

If the Spurs end up letting some extra guards go, I would rather see them get draft picks as this draft is supposed to be a good one.
Old 12-12-13, 06:10 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Joseph to NYC

NYC needs a point guard. The spurs could get back a first round pick. Sounds like a perfect match.
Old 12-13-13, 12:13 AM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spursfan808 View Post
NYC needs a point guard. The spurs could get back a first round pick. Sounds like a perfect match.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurd_On View Post
The Lakers just lost their 3rd PG to injury, so I would imagine that they are shopping. If the Spurs end up letting some extra guards go, I would rather see them get draft picks as this draft is supposed to be a good one.
Up til now the other NBA teams have zapped the Spurs for their coaches and management staff, now it looks like they may be looking at our backup guard stock. We do have some spare guards we can give up in Joseph and DeColo, but in all fairness, I think we need to MAKE THEM PAY US BACK BIGTIME!!!

Old 12-13-13, 12:50 AM
SpursReport 2010 And 2014 Pick The Winner Champion

Vasquez would be a big upgrade over nando or cory, and has only one year in the books. I like it for us, not for the raps though.
Old 12-14-13, 03:49 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guille View Post
Vasquez would be a big upgrade over nando or cory, and has only one year in the books. I like it for us, not for the raps though.
I could see how it would be lopsided for the Spurs but Joseph is a Toronto native. Nando gives them quality depth too. Vasquez is a FA after this year and could bolt from Toronto or SA. Joseph gives them the hometown guy with upside and another year on his deal. It's a good sell to the Toronto fans. Vasquez competes very well and to me Joseph and De Colo are dead weight to the Spurs in my books. That's why I love it for the spurs. Vasquez would actually do more harm to the Raps because they might actually win more games and hurt their lottery position in a deep draft. I like the deal for both sides.
Old 12-15-13, 01:15 AM
The Master Baiter

He would be a good addition, but it's not really addressing a problem area. It would be making a trade just because you can. Would he be better than Mills as backup PG? I don't know at this point in this season with no training camp.