News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-13, 08:50 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Is Belinelli out playing Kawhi Leonard?

Is Belinelli out playing Kawhi Leonard? What do Spursreport experts think?

IMHO,
Belinelli's minutes have been increasing while Leonard's have been decreasing. Belinelli is showing great chemistry with Manu and the rest of the team especially on the offensive end. While Kahwi is playing great defense, when he gets the ball on offence it seems like everything stops.

In the last 3 games, Belinelli has played 26.3 minutes while Kahwi has played 24.6 minutes.

HMMMMM
Old 12-03-13, 09:10 AM
The Master Baiter

Seemingly, but Bellineli is shooting lights out right now. He's also outplaying Danny Green and Manu. I also think it's because he and Manu out there together is a magical thing.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-03-13, 09:14 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

I don't think he is outplaying Manu, but he is definitely outplaying Danny Boy.
Old 12-03-13, 09:37 AM
Official SR Home Builder

Props to Marco but he is not outplaying Kawhi on the defensive end.
Old 12-03-13, 01:09 PM
The Chosen One(Moderator)

Kawhi has an overall game...Marco is shooting threes well right now...but Kawhi's overall stats...rebounds and steal in particular put him in a whole different class than Marco...sorry. Also howncan you say Marco is outplaying Kawhi and turn around in the same thread and say he is not outplaying Manu???? #confused

I'm Batman's cousin
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-03-13, 01:16 PM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
I don't think he is outplaying Manu, but he is definitely outplaying Danny Boy.
Manu has hit some shots and had some great plays, but Marco is more consistent, at least right now.
Old 12-03-13, 01:18 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Just count our blessings and not worry about who is outplaying who. I know one thing, he is definitely an upgrade from Neal.
Old 12-03-13, 05:39 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Marco is outplaying Manu! Manu now plays more like a true point guard focusing more on setting up the offense and distributing the ball. In that sense, this is why Marco works well with Manu cuz he is one of Manu's weapons.Also, the fact that Marco is more consistent than Danny leads me to think it would be better to see Marco starting at shooting guard. As for Leonard, he is ok. When he isn't scoring he still plays great defense. I think everyone's game will very soon start to pick up; look at Tim.
Old 12-03-13, 07:42 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Marco is playing with more enthusiasm than danny green and leonard, but Leonard needs to be more involved offensively. we are going to need him, he needs to move around , cut and not just go automatically to the corner, he needs to demand the ball or when he has the ball do not give up it too easy , make a play, I can see him getting frustrated with his role
Old 12-03-13, 07:51 PM
SR Team Goof

I have noticed that Kawhi is at times reluctant to shoot, particularly when he hasn't hit a basket in a while. Pop sat him down for a lengthy period last night against Atlanta and he wasn't playing that badly, I felt. He contributes so much more than his offense with defense, rebounding and steals that I feel he should command more minutes than he is getting now. Then again, it being early in the season, maybe Pop and his staff have a different game plan for his players minutes and still testing different scenarios with his player combinations on the floor.However, does anybody know what Pop is thinking? Watching the postgame interviews with reporters and their questions, I think Pop just likes to play with peoples minds.
"I'm always amazed to hear of victims so badly mutilated that they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can't understand is, if they don't know who you are, how do they know who your dentist is?" - Paul Merton
Old 12-04-13, 02:57 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Kawhi needs to shoot more for sure.
Old 12-04-13, 05:52 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Kawhi is in a funk right now and Marco is on a roll. A few times during the season it will likely be the other way around.
Old 12-04-13, 06:19 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

acording to BSPN, bellinelli is starting at SF against t-pups
Old 12-04-13, 09:26 PM
SpursReport Team Member

On offense yes, On defense no.