SpursReport.com

SpursReport.com (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/)
-   Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/)
-   -   Tim Duncan... (http://www.spursreport.com/forums/spurs-nba-fan-feedback/120689-tim-duncan.html)

MRJONESIII 11-23-13 08:02 AM

Tim Duncan...

What's wrong with him? I think I know. What are the most important things in his life? Family and championships! Yeah his wife cheated and he got a divorce, but not having that cohesiveness of his family all together and happy has to wear on a guy like Tim. Missing that chip shot in finals and not being in to most likely get that rebound and eventually losing in that fashion.....come on.... I'd say we'd all be pretty devastated too. Can you imagine, "Hey, hall of fame guy, sit the bench for this play,cause I think you're too old and slow for this play!!" No wonder he can't get on track....

Uwe Blab 11-23-13 05:55 PM

I think you're reading too much into it. It's still early and they haven't really needed him all that much.

spurscrazed 11-24-13 02:21 AM

What I noticed Pop rightfully saving Timmy till later when we really needed him.

Not worried about Timmaaay!

Timmy is just coasting TP & other Spurs teammates who are Tearing it every game... :wink

And if we needed TD, he will come back in no time. No question.

Honestly no reason to over play TD now. Let Tim have some fun during this season then come back strong/fresh at the end of this season and fresh for a great PO run.

Rzarector7 11-24-13 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uwe Blab (Post 1306000)
I think you're reading too much into it. It's still early and they haven't really needed him all that much.

<!-- END TEMPLATE: newpost_quote -->..............

Money4Nothing 11-24-13 07:19 AM

Timmy and I are the same age.

Dude is old. Trust me.

$

MRJONESIII 11-24-13 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spurscrazed (Post 1306003)
What I noticed Pop rightfully saving Timmy till later when we really needed him.

Not worried about Timmaaay!

Timmy is just coasting TP & other Spurs teammates who are Tearing it every game... :wink

And if we needed TD, he will come back in no time. No question.

Honestly no reason to over play TD now. Let Tim have some fun during this season then come back strong/fresh at the end of this season and fresh for a great PO run.

Sorry but true competitors don't coast. Kobe, Durant Manu. He's doesn't look the same right now. Like something is on his mind other than hoops..... Something more important bball. A divorce is devastating to some and can weigh on a man. We all know he's a huge family guy. That's just my opinion. But Duncan coasting..... NEVER! Leave that to guys like Howard.

spurscrazed 11-24-13 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRJONESIII (Post 1306013)
Sorry but true competitors don't coast. Kobe, Durant Manu. He's doesn't look the same right now. Like something is on his mind other than hoops..... Something more important bball. A divorce is devastating to some and can weigh on a man. We all know he's a huge family guy. That's just my opinion. But Duncan coasting..... NEVER! Leave that to guys like Howard.

I agree with you TD family issues and going through such an ugly divorce naturally can have a great toll on TD or any Super Star's life the coming year after that. This season is going to be none of previous seasons for TD. Period. No matter how you slice it. TD's ex wife had done him very wrong and was very ugly about it too. No doubt!

However seriously the way Spurs lost last year in the last few seconds of game 7 in Finals had the Biggest IMPACT on TD's start now IMHO. You just don't recover that easily from that.

Do we all remember the .4 Fisher basket at Game 5 May 13, 2004 of WESTERN CONF SEMI FINALS... Which one hurt most? :banghead
I think the last year PO exit at the finals hurt more because Spurs were right there and within few sec of winning it all....DEF 2013 PO exit was the UGLIEST one EVER for this Spurs team and will take longer to get over.

Then comes TD's divorce this off season to make him even more sad.facepalm

I feel for the HOF Fella. He is the ULTIMATE COMPETITOR and the best thing that ever happened here to our beloved Spurs bringing us our first title in 99 that magical dream team... How can we forget how competitive this TD is all those years he created HISTORY in San Antonio and wrote it all with his blood and sweat and tears of joy and struggle. There is no doubt in my mind TD still have that Heart of Super Champion in him. But still the way I see is Pop had changed his Coaching Staff for the first time all of them are new guys and our Spurs team is changing to give roles more to our new emerging Leader in Mr. Leonard. Pop as I see this year is doing all that and giving TD more relaxed role to start the season. You can even see how Diaw and Tiago are both starting with much more aggressive roles. TD needs to be saved for later. Because last year TD was a bit over used and add some personal family issues that means Pop gives TD more freedom. That how I see it.

My estimate is that it would take half of the regular season before we see the full strength TD IMHO. And the way Pop is setting his rotation this season, I don't see Spurs affected with TD taking his time to recover and just play with a coasting mentality.

Uwe Blab 11-25-13 12:00 AM

I'm being serious, but can someone enlighten me as to what his ex wife did that was so bad?

I think he's fine. He's already dating someone else and has made it public. And as far as the lasting sting of the Finals, I think the whole team would feel it, and clearly they don't. It seems like they are more determined.

jackc852 11-25-13 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Money4Nothing (Post 1306007)
Timmy and I are the same age.

Dude is old. Trust me.

$

I think he's exactly one year younger than me. Yeah he old alright.

That said, I noticed he's fading slightly on his jumper more often than not lately.

polk 11-25-13 08:55 AM

Hard to imagine the toll of going through a messy divorce last year and dealing with the after effects of the divorce this year are any different. Never been through and won't go through it, but difficult to see that his play would be at a 1st team All-NBA level while keeping all of those issues inside and then once they are exposed in the media, you have a MVP worthy Finals performance. Don't think he is "coasting" but Tim knows this team can win with him as the 2nd, 3rd, or perhaps 4th option (that's pushing it) but you get my point. However, when the game slows down, i.e. playoff time, the Big Fella will be ready.

JuanCaca 11-25-13 10:22 AM

Uwe is not only his exwife, i bet if theres something, this is about his childrens not her... wake up in the morning without them and see them like date not in the same house...

and im a month older than timmy (march 4 1976) used to train at competitive level since 9 years old, and YEAH dude is OLD!!! i cant barely keep with average guys anymore is a shame...

but oh well he is a professional, with the best of the best medical/health/fitness staff and out of this planet genetics for sports... so lets give him benefit of the doubt... and yes is amazing what he acomplished last year and hope this as well...

buck57 11-25-13 05:42 PM

His numbers are off, but Timmy is playing some monster defense still so I'm not worried. Also with reduced minutes, plus Kwahis directive from Pop to be more aggressive, Tims offense isn't as needed as in the past.

b1gdon 11-27-13 12:08 AM

Age has definitely already caught up with Duncan, but it did that already several years ago; 4 more months won't make too much of a difference. With great players like Duncan, it isn't the slowing down but injuries that usually take their toll and so far that isn't the case with him. Right now, it is a slump combined with him pacing himself that has his performance down early this season. I'm not worried about him yet.

choppsboy 11-27-13 09:11 AM

TD is still recovering from a bruised sternum. It is affecting his shot. The rest of his game is fine. the whole team is playing very few MPG because we are kicking peoples @ss so badly.

clovisnmspurfan 11-27-13 10:08 PM

I am Duncan's age plus 32, so if you guys are old what does that make me...ancient? Duncan is amazing and still has lots left in the tank period.

jmbarton 12-02-13 09:45 PM

Nothing, nothing's wrong with him.

Eddy from Austin 12-02-13 11:02 PM

Duncan became the oldest player in NBA history to notch a 20-20 (23 points, 21 rebounds) and he capped it off with this game winner to lift the Spurs over the Hawks Monday night, 102-100. So much for the struggling Duncan we had seen the first few weeks of the season.

doom32x4 12-03-13 03:10 PM

Well, for all the hand wringing...his personal life was NEVER the issue. His divorce hit the wires last season...did you guys watch the playoffs? He confirmed last night he had some health issues. I'm guessing that the bruised sternum took some time to get over.

exit7 12-03-13 04:29 PM

Its going to be interesting to see where he ranks all time when he retires. If he adds another ring (or two???), the argument can be made that he was the greatest winner not named Bill Russell.

That may be a stretch, but watching him play last night was a treat. I don't know that there is any other big in the league today that could reproduce what he did against the hawks.