News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 11-14-13, 07:58 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Spurs Current Cast Off Team

If you were to make a team out of the Spurs best castoffs you would have a terrible NBA team. No big time scorer or a real post presence however the team would have a lot of nice pieces that for one reason or another just couldn't work out here...
my current cast off team would look like this
PG: Udrih, Dragic
SG: Hill, Mason Jr.
SF: Gee, Anderson
PF: Scola, Blair
C: Mahinimi, Mohammed
SS: Novack

Did I forget about anyone who deserves to be on the list?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-14-13, 08:58 AM
SR Team Goof

Here's a couple for consideration:

Keith Bogans, Celts, Guard
Hedo Turkoglu, Magic, G/F
Gary Neal, Bucks, Guard
Richard Jefferson, Jazz, Forward
Garrett Temple, Wizards, Guard
Old 11-14-13, 10:24 AM
SpursReport Rookie

I was specifically thinking of people who began their careers with the Spurs.

I cant believe I forgot about Neal, he would be an upgrade over Mason Jr. for sure.
Bogans, Jefferson and Turk all had made a name for themselves before coming to the Spurs.

I honestly didn't know Temple was still in the league anywhere... does he actually play?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-14-13, 02:42 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by InegoMontoya View Post
......I honestly didn't know Temple was still in the league anywhere... does he actually play?
You might want to check the box score and player list from last night's game against the Wiz, he played a few minutes.

Old 11-14-13, 04:31 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Hill was not a cast off and who the heck is Temple? I have only been watching the Spurs since 99 and don't remember him.
Old 11-14-13, 04:54 PM
SR Team Goof

He only played a few games for the Spurs back in 2010-2011. I think he was one of those 10 day contract players that Pop usually brings in to evaluate and then cuts them loose. I only remembered Temple because he played in last nights game for Washington. Check below:

http://stats.nba.com/playerCareer.html?PlayerID=202066
Old 11-14-13, 09:35 PM
SpursReport 2010 And 2014 Pick The Winner Champion

I wouldn┤t put Scola or Dragic, they never played for Spurs. Just drafted.
I wouldn┤t put Neal. He worked out quite well and then moved on, same with Hill. He was a player with big minutes but ultimately went in the biggest trade the Spurs made in recent years.
Old 11-15-13, 01:51 AM
The Amazing!

Spurs Super allstars team (or projects that never developed{that some where convinced where going to save the Spurs})!
PG- Beno Udrih (dude does have skills just not for Pop)
SG- Roger Mason
SF- James White
PF- Ian Mahinmi
C- Jackie Butler
Old 11-15-13, 09:26 AM
SpursReport Rookie

I agree with your opinion on Scola, Dragic, Hill and Neal, but they add the flash and sizzle to this team!

I only remember temple because of the one year it was seemingly between him and Gee for the final roster spot, and then we ended up getting rid of them both. Gee went on to have some nice games and highlight dunks on BSPN. Was never super impressed by him...

Forgot about James white too, and I don't remember Jackie Butler at all... When was he here?
Old 11-16-13, 07:36 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InegoMontoya View Post
I agree with your opinion on Scola, Dragic, Hill and Neal, but they add the flash and sizzle to this team!

I only remember temple because of the one year it was seemingly between him and Gee for the final roster spot, and then we ended up getting rid of them both. Gee went on to have some nice games and highlight dunks on BSPN. Was never super impressed by him...

Forgot about James white too, and I don't remember Jackie Butler at all... When was he here?
Jackie Butler NBA & ABA Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

11 games in 2007 after his poor stint with the Knicks.