Old 11-06-13, 02:03 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Bonner and DeColo for Channing Fry?

comments?

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN
Old 11-06-13, 03:10 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Why?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-06-13, 03:42 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Why is right. What we need is a backup point if mills doesn't pan out but most importantly a backup sf that can shoot and defend like no other

- Confucius
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-06-13, 04:06 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I don't know why. Maybe Fry could hit more shots during the playoffs.

Maybe we need another roster spot.

Maybe people would stop whining about bonner.
Old 11-06-13, 04:32 PM
SR Team Goof

Frye is 30 yrs old and is trying to make a comeback after being diagnosed with an enlarged heart Sept 2012. Even though he’s been cleared by doctors to resume play, I don’t know if I’d give up two assets for Frye. I would hope we could do better. I’d pass on this trade. But I do agree we need to do something about our point guard situation. We have 4 point guards (6 if you include Ginobili and Belinelli's capabilities) and we can’t figure out who backs up TP. If we are going to continue paying DeColo, Joseph and Mills, at least play them; otherwise package at least one of them in a trade.
Old 11-06-13, 06:15 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Frye's not a bad player, and I'm really over De Colo at this point, but I keep stressing how important Matt Bonner is. No, he's not going to play against athletic teams in the playoffs much. But he stays healthy, stays ready, plays hard when he's asked, doesn't do anything stupid on the court or off, and hits his shots when he's open. Over the course of the regular season, he is valuable. You don't junk him just because you can.
Old 11-07-13, 07:56 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
Frye's not a bad player, and I'm really over De Colo at this point, but I keep stressing how important Matt Bonner is. No, he's not going to play against athletic teams in the playoffs much. But he stays healthy, stays ready, plays hard when he's asked, doesn't do anything stupid on the court or off, and hits his shots when he's open. Over the course of the regular season, he is valuable. You don't junk him just because you can.
+1

I didn't realize Fry was 30
Old 11-07-13, 08:52 AM
The Master Baiter

A pro-Bonner post? That's unheard of. Maybe I'm getting some supporters after being alienated that last 3-4 years.
Old 11-07-13, 01:43 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
A pro-Bonner post? That's unheard of. Maybe I'm getting some supporters after being alienated that last 3-4 years.
I have always supported Bonner mainly because he his a team player.
Old 11-07-13, 07:14 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Bonner finally showed up in the playoffs last year, so I'm no longer pissed off at him for that. Overall, Bonner is the better 3 point shooter, while Fry is more athletic and adds interior scoring. Bonner is an underrated defender in the Spurs system, I don't know what fry would do as a Spur, but he does not have a good reputation as a defender. I'm kind of meh on this. Because of last years playoff performance, I wouldn't be in any hurry to run him out of town anymore, and I do appreciate what he does in the regular season. Plus, there is always:

Old 11-07-13, 10:37 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Choppsboy, don't look now.........Blair is gone!!