News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 11-02-13, 01:21 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

DeJuan Blair Sucks

Man this dude can fill up a stat sheet while totally sucking.

10 rb, 11 points, 2 steals, 2 blocks in 18 minutes

AND

2 turnovers, 5 fouls and his team gave up 15 points while he was on the floor. That is almost a point a minute to the other team.

What a loser.

Can't wait to play them.
Old 11-02-13, 10:10 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

I noticed his stats last night too. I'm actually happy for him that he found a team that attempts to use him even if Rick Carlisle's strategies couldn't come close to making it a competitive game.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-02-13, 11:40 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

looks like the mavs are rebuilding on our cast offs!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11-02-13, 12:38 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Meanwhile,

Gary Neil isn't doing to bad. His plus/minus isn't good, but I don't hate him.
Old 11-02-13, 12:58 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

10 rb, 11 points, 2 steals, 2 blocks in 18 minutes!

defn happy for him.

and good for Gary Neal.

but no one is as sweet as George Hill. that one still hurts, but so glad he got that opportunity to start and be part of that indiana team, its well built. and he's thrivin.
Old 11-02-13, 01:57 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Both guys can play, but neither one can really defend.

Dejuan is in an ideal situation with Dirk being able to give him space to operate on the glass and not compete too much with him for rebounds (although Dirk rebounds okay, he's not guy to go fight for rebounds right under the basket).
Old 11-02-13, 08:48 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Also maybe worthy of mention in that game, Calderone had 6 assists but went 0-8 shooting.
Old 11-03-13, 01:23 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I wish them all well, let's move on.
Old 11-03-13, 04:28 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan9 View Post
10 rb, 11 points, 2 steals, 2 blocks in 18 minutes!

defn happy for him.

and good for Gary Neal.

but no one is as sweet as George Hill. that one still hurts, but so glad he got that opportunity to start and be part of that indiana team, its well built. and he's thrivin.
Every time I feel bad about missing out on George Hill I remember we have KY.
Old 11-03-13, 07:38 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gdon View Post
Every time I feel bad about missing out on George Hill I remember we have KY.
And that stops it burning??
Old 11-08-13, 08:45 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
Man this dude can fill up a stat sheet while totally sucking.

10 rb, 11 points, 2 steals, 2 blocks in 18 minutes

AND

2 turnovers, 5 fouls and his team gave up 15 points while he was on the floor. That is almost a point a minute to the other team.

What a loser.

Can't wait to play them.
And against the Lakers in 19 mins he had 10 points 8 rebounds 4 assists, 5 steals, only 1 turnover and 0 fouls. I guess since you judge him on stats from ONE game now he doesnt suck. I think hes great and going to be very good for Dallas.
Old 11-08-13, 11:12 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yank6 View Post
And against the Lakers in 19 mins he had 10 points 8 rebounds 4 assists, 5 steals, only 1 turnover and 0 fouls. I guess since you judge him on stats from ONE game now he doesnt suck. I think hes great and going to be very good for Dallas.
Well, If I were going to judge him on one game, it wouldn't be the one he played against the Lakers.

Who isn't kicking their ass (aside from D12)
Old 11-12-13, 08:24 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I predict Djuan will sometimes put up great numbers in losing efforts against the Spurs this season.

Last edited by Spurd_On; 11-13-13 at 11:50 AM.
Old 11-13-13, 02:44 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yank6 View Post
I would never say he is great by any stretch . He might be a good player for them though,thats his ceiling and he is playing well.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 11-14-13, 11:38 AM
SpursReport Team Member

DeJuan is a good player and can contribute to a team. He can only be used in limited minutes. He is a 15-20 min a night guy and the closer you get to 20, the more ineffective he becomes. Good luck to you DB...
Old 11-16-13, 08:27 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

One thing I noticed from the Dallas/Miami game, in which Dallas outplayed them for 3 quarters but lost, is that Rick Carlisle pretty much only has 8 active NBA-ready players he can use in a rotation. I don't know what talent he has sidelined with injuries, but playing an 8-man regular season rotation does not bode well for the playoffs.
Old 11-16-13, 12:29 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Whatever one thinks of Blair, it's just a fact that he hadn't put up numbers like this in San Antonio for a long time. Leaving aside his defensive deficiencies.
Old 11-16-13, 07:19 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by polk View Post
DeJuan is a good player and can contribute to a team. He can only be used in limited minutes. He is a 15-20 min a night guy and the closer you get to 20, the more ineffective he becomes. Good luck to you DB...
I agree 100% besides Bonner is back.
Old 11-19-13, 12:07 AM
SpursReport Rookie

No matter what he does for the mavs, as far as the Spurs go, Ayers is definitely an upgrade for us. Big time....
Old 11-19-13, 08:42 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck57 View Post
No matter what he does for the mavs, as far as the Spurs go, Ayers is definitely an upgrade for us. Big time....
I totally agree, Ayers has a well rounded game.
Old 11-20-13, 03:50 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

just hope Ayers "learn the system" in time for playoffs...