News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-13, 07:21 AM
SR Team Goof

Duncan suffers chest contusion against Memphis

Tim Duncan will miss the remainder of Wednesday’s season opener against Memphis with a chest contusion, the Spurs announced. No further timeline was provided.

Duncan, 37, was injured in a collision on Tony Allen’s drive to the rim early in the third quarter. He finished with three points, six rebounds and two assists in the opener of his 17th NBA season.

Link to article: San Antonio Spurs news, scores, stats & analysis – Spurs Nation » Duncan suffers chest contusion against Memphis
Old 10-31-13, 07:29 AM
SR Team Goof

As it is, TD did miss the remainder of last night's game against Memphis. I was at the game and noticed TD missing about half way through the 3rd quarter and didn't see him on the bench which had some folks in our seating area concerned about his status. Since I didn't notice what occurred that might have caused TD to leave the game, as soon as I got home, I had to fast forward on my DVR to see Tony Allen's drive to the rim and elbow to TD's upper chest. Wasn't pretty.

I checked CBS Sport injury report and it has TD has having a chest injury and his status for the Laker game on Friday is questionable at this time. Hopefully he only sustained a bad bruise and will play. I imagine the Spurs are now aware of his status and preparing accordingly.
Old 10-31-13, 07:45 AM
Official Whorry Hater!

yeah... that's not good...

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-31-13, 01:50 PM
Flying Monkey Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
I checked CBS Sport injury report and it has TD has having a chest injury and his status for the Laker game on Friday is questionable at this time. Hopefully he only sustained a bad bruise and will play. I imagine the Spurs are now aware of his status and preparing accordingly.
I'm not trying to be a jerk, but that last line made me laugh. Yes, I'm sure that the Spurs have been aware of his status, being his team and all. Sorry.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-31-13, 02:06 PM
SR Team Goof

So sweat, I probably could have worded it differently. When the author of the piece wrote and posted the article on Spurs Nation, it was around 9:18PM last night, close to when the action happened, when they didn't know the extent of the injury. After X-rays and scans, the Spurs, I'm sure, are where they can make a determination where they stand with TD and his playing time. We move on to LA.
Old 10-31-13, 04:36 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

TimmyD needs to Rest up and not play vs. Lakers so his Chest Pain will heal.

IT IS ON BABY!!!!SPURS PO TO DIE FOR!
PHENOMENAL TOTAL CONTROLL WITH SPURS BASKETBALL!
LETS DO IT BABY! NO BS!! NO MERCY! ONE GAME AT A TIME. ONE SERIES AT A TIME.
WE WILL CLOSE THEM ALL!!!
FIRST ROUND VICTIMS = DOS MAVS!

Old 10-31-13, 09:11 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Didn't look like much from the initial angle, but a reverse angle showed his chest caving in a bit, looked painful.

Old 11-01-13, 01:45 AM
The Master Baiter

I've already heard on the radio that this is why they think the Spurs don't have a chance this year, because of age and injury. Well I'm sorry, that could have been a 21 year old Tim Duncan and that elbow would have hurt like hell.