News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 10-28-13, 11:01 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Season Predictions!

Alright, the season is right around the corner. Who ends up winning it all? Post all your predictions. Champions, MVP, ROY, etc. Here are my picks!

Championship
Spurs over Heat in 7 games

MVP
Lebron

ROY
Victor Oladipo

COY
Frank Vogel

Biggest Eastern Conference suprise?
Washington Wizzards will make the playoffs.

Biggest Western Conference suprise?
Kobe comes back too early and Lakers don't make playoffs

A few other thoughts.....
Kawhi will be an all-star and finish in top 5 DPOY
Dallas wont make playoffs again
Brooklyn Nets will get booted 1st rd.......so will Houston
Spurs will make a mid-season trade and pick up a decent back-up PG, because our current ones suck!
Old 10-28-13, 12:32 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

If they remain healthy, Golden State ruins everyone's predictions about the West.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-28-13, 12:45 PM
The Master Baiter

I really don't think Miami gets back to the Finals this year. They'll have the Nets and the Bulls to deal with now, instead of just the Pacers.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-28-13, 02:07 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurd_On View Post
If they remain healthy, Golden State ruins everyone's predictions about the West.

I Like bogut but there's no chance they eliminate our beloved spurs in a 7 game series. I like iggy on the team too and think gs has a legit chance at too 4 seed in west.

- Confucius
Old 10-28-13, 02:29 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quen Sabe?
Old 10-28-13, 04:10 PM
SR Team Goof

I couldn't find my crystal ball but here's my stab at it:

Championship
LA Clippers vs Indiana with LAC winning

MVP
Chris Paul (LAC)

ROY
Oladipo (Orlando)

COY
Doc Rivers (LAC)

A few other thoughts.....
- One of Miamis Big 3 (Bosh, Wade, James) will endure an injury sidelining them most of season
- Durant will not win the scoring title but will finish either 2nd or 3rd
- Denver will not make the playoffs
- LA Clippers will lead the league in team defense
- Washington will make the Eastern Conference playoffs
- Spurs will battle Houston for the Southwest Division title and win by mere percentage points
- Phoenix will have the worst record over Philly because the Suns play in a tougher conference
- Both Cleveland and Detroit will surprise in the East and make the playoffs
- Spurs consecutive 50 win season will be in jeopardy for the first time in years
- Howard will be the Defensive Player of Year also leading league in blocks/rebounds
- Central Division will prove to be the strongest in the league (Chicago/Detroit/Cleveland/Indiana) with all four of these teams making the playoffs
- Eastern Conference playoffs teams (in no particular order): Miami, NY, Brooklyn, Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, Indiana, Washington
- Western Conference playoffs teams (in no particular order): Spurs, Houston, GSW, LA Clippers, OKC, Minnesota, Memphis, Portland
- Spurs playoff seed: 4th thru 6th
- Spurs will make a trade before the Feb deadline and will include one or more of the following players (Baynes, Diaw, Mills, DeColo, Bonner)
Old 10-28-13, 04:19 PM
Official SR Home Builder

Championship
Spurs over Bulls in 6 games

The Rest
Who cares?
Old 10-28-13, 04:38 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

alh1020 WTF????:::
Old 10-28-13, 05:02 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Season prediction? 82-0!
Old 10-28-13, 06:05 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanCaca View Post
alh1020 WTF????:::
Wussup?

Old 10-28-13, 08:33 PM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
Wussup?
You dared to predict the clipshop and their overrated point guard winning it all.....

for shame, for shame, for shame

Old 10-30-13, 08:58 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Man the Spurs are the hardest team in the NBA to predict. Every year they look weaker and weaker on paper, but somehow win games on the court.

If you don't think Miami will be the best team in the East again this year, you are flat crazy. The Pacers might be a tough out, but unless Miami has injury problems, they won't take the Heat in the playoffs.

I think top of the West will be San Antonio and OKC again. Spurs will win a lot of regular season games per usual, and probably have the best record against sub-.500 teams like they usually do. But come playoffs, I don't think they will be able to take OKC's star power in Durant/Westbrook.

LeBron should win MVP again, and will probably deserve it. I'm worried about the Spurs on the injury front, with Duncan and Manu very vulnerable at their age.

OKC vs Miami in the Finals. I think the Thunder might actually pull it out this time.

$
Old 10-30-13, 09:05 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money4Nothing View Post
Man the Spurs are the hardest team in the NBA to predict. Every year they look weaker and weaker on paper, but somehow win games on the court.

If you don't think Miami will be the best team in the East again this year, you are flat crazy. The Pacers might be a tough out, but unless Miami has injury problems, they won't take the Heat in the playoffs.

I think top of the West will be San Antonio and OKC again. Spurs will win a lot of regular season games per usual, and probably have the best record against sub-.500 teams like they usually do. But come playoffs, I don't think they will be able to take OKC's star power in Durant/Westbrook.

LeBron should win MVP again, and will probably deserve it. I'm worried about the Spurs on the injury front, with Duncan and Manu very vulnerable at their age.

OKC vs Miami in the Finals. I think the Thunder might actually pull it out this time.

$

That's true because Stern will be gone by Feb 14th so... there you go.
Old 10-30-13, 09:16 AM
The Master Baiter

The Thunder are weaker this year, you can't discount Kevin Martin and his impact. I said he was no slouch when they got him in the trade, and he helped tremendously. That's 15 points, and they didn't really replace it. At some point, losing talent is going to bite them. So I think the Thunder are the 3rd or 4th best team in the West.

The Pacers took the Heat to seven games WITHOUT their best player in Granger. And they have gotten better, they will dethrone the Heat.
Old 10-30-13, 11:03 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
The Thunder are weaker this year, you can't discount Kevin Martin and his impact. I said he was no slouch when they got him in the trade, and he helped tremendously. That's 15 points, and they didn't really replace it. At some point, losing talent is going to bite them. So I think the Thunder are the 3rd or 4th best team in the West.

The Pacers took the Heat to seven games WITHOUT their best player in Granger. And they have gotten better, they will dethrone the Heat.

In Indianas defense, granger is not their best player. That would be Paul George and getting scola should help in the event a big goes down or gets in foul trouble. I like Indiana and Brooklyn's chances better than Chicago or new yorks at dethroning the heat in the east. Other than clippers, I don't think anyone can stand to San Antonio.

- Confucius
Old 10-30-13, 11:05 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

well pacers if healthy, have scary roster...
Old 10-30-13, 11:43 AM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelWi101 View Post
You dared to predict the clipshop and their overrated point guard winning it all.....
for shame, for shame, for shame
Aw geez, detention again. I knew Id probably draw some heat on a few of my predictions but I feel the Spurs didnt improve and address some deficiencies from last year to make this another standout year. Guess I'll stand in the corner.

Old 10-31-13, 11:30 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Spurs will win a bunch of games again because some teams will be tanking this season for the lottery next year and the draft.
Old 04-17-14, 08:51 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

BUMP....how far off was I lol......

I did get a few predictions right, like the WIzzards making the playoffs and Kobe coming back to soon....but was pretty much off on everything else. I do still see the Spurs beating the Heat in 7 games though
Old 04-17-14, 08:55 AM
Official Whorry Hater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post

I did get a few predictions right, like the WIzzards making the playoffs and Kobe coming back to soon....but was pretty much off on everything else. I do still see the Spurs beating the Heat in 7 games though

GOOD JOB!

Old 04-17-14, 11:15 AM
SR Team Goof

I have to find that crystal ball and quit using this 2-headed coin. Geeeeezzz.
Old 04-17-14, 05:23 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post

The BKN and HOU predictions are still on the table. And certainly possible.