News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 10-21-13, 10:43 AM
The Chosen One(Moderator)

How Can Parker Get Better?

Parker is the Spursí best player these days but there are still areas of his game that need improvement.

How Can Parker Get Better?

I'm Batman's cousin
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-21-13, 11:10 AM
SpursReport Rookie

I agree with all three of those with the least important being the assist.
If TP is able to increase his defensive pressure as well as add an outside shot, there will be no question as to who the best pg is.
I think TP is already clearly the most valuable pg in the league but the writer is correct in pointing out that his game can still improve...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-21-13, 01:34 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I'm most concerned about how he can get back to last season's form. It seems to me that you are jumping the gun on his status right now. He is not picking up where he left off last year. He needs some R&R. Witness the Miami preseason game.

Last edited by Spurd_On; 10-21-13 at 01:37 PM.
Old 10-21-13, 10:53 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

I'm less concerned him about getting better, more concerned that he stays healthy (that everybody stays healthy, but still, TP's the head of the snake now).

And also that CoJo gets better so it's not such a huge drop off.
Old 10-21-13, 11:50 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InegoMontoya View Post
I agree with all three of those with the least important being the assist.
If TP is able to increase his defensive pressure as well as add an outside shot, there will be no question as to who the best pg is.
I think TP is already clearly the most valuable pg in the league but the writer is correct in pointing out that his game can still improve...
Well he should have worked on that outside shot this summer, so if he did not that will not be improved IMO. I agree though.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 10-22-13, 08:39 AM
SpursReport Rookie

RZA, judging from the Euro action and the few preseason games it doesn't seem like that was a priority for Parker... guess we wont see him hitting the three ball this year.
I do think it is important for Parker to maintain his standard of play like others have stated, but to judge him based on preseason is wrong. He played very well over the summer, and will probably round back into form by January. that being said, a somewhat sloppy parker for the first month or so is still much better then what most of the league has... always room to improve though!
Old 10-22-13, 12:29 PM
The Master Baiter

Well, he hits them at 35%, which is better than Chris Paul and Derrick Rose, although he doesn't come close to the number of attempts, but he doesn't have to because his shooting percentage is 52%, which is also better than the other two. So, I really don't think he needs to add that aspect, as it is already somewhat of a threat.

And defensively, the only point guard that is light years ahead of him is Paul, only because of the number of steals. And I don't put much into that because he gambles ALOT and is constantly getting beat. But with Griffin and Jordan behind him he is bailed out quite a bit.

I think it's a wash when you talk about Paul and Parker. The difference is Paul has the luxury of NOT having to be the main scorer on the team. Parker HAS to be the main scorer, at least for now.