News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-13, 02:09 PM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

Spurs Waive Maggette, Cousin and Kabongo

SAN ANTONIO -- The San Antonio Spurs waived veteran forward Corey Maggette, center Marcus Cousin and guard Myck Kabongo on Tuesday.
Maggette appeared in two preseason games, averaging 6.5 points, 3.5 rebounds and 2.0 assists in 24.0 minutes.
Cousin appeared in two preseason games, averaging 1.5 points and 2.0 rebounds. Kabongo finished with six points in five minutes at Denver on Oct. 14.
Old 10-15-13, 02:16 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Pop is moving fast. I think he wants to get his regular rotations set early. As I mentioned in another thread, I wonder if Nando DeColo's stint with the Spurs is in jeopardy. Nwaelele is impressive.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-15-13, 03:50 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I tell you what. . . . Joseph way out performed DeColo and Mills.

Mills looks all skinny and everything, but his game hasn't impressed me yet.
Old 10-15-13, 03:56 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurd_On (Spurs Waive Maggette, Cousin and Kabongo) (Spurs Waive Maggette, Cousin and Kabongo)
Pop is moving fast. I think he wants to get his regular rotations set early. As I mentioned in another thread, I wonder if Nando DeColo's stint with the Spurs is in jeopardy. Nwaelele is impressive.

I was wondering when Pop would lessen the load on the roster. Fells has impressed me with his shooting and hustle in both Sunday’s and last night’s Denver game. I also like Nwaelele’s game and shooting too..

You mentioned DeColo’s days might be numbered reminded me of Sunday’s game against the Suns. DeColo started the 2nd half and Pop pulled him after 90 seconds of play. They had a ‘nice’ discussion in front of the bench and DeColo had a seat furtherest away from Pop. He didn’t see any action until the 4th quarter. I read somewhere that Utah might be looking for a point guard since their 1st round pick in Trey Burke is out due to a finger break. Depending on who you listen to, his agent or Burke, he’ll be out for either 4-6 weeks or 8-12 weeks. I wonder if the Jazz have anything to barter that they’re willing to give up who might fit our needs?
Old 10-15-13, 05:55 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurd_On View Post
Since there really isn't an open roster spot, Pop is likely just giving guys a chance to land somewhere.

edit: Except Maggette. No sense in giving the guy hope if retirement is only an inevitable call away.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-15-13, 06:03 PM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

Wonder if Maggette's next stop is ending up as a coach somewhere?

I'll be surprised if Nando is here past the trade deadline, he doesn't seem to be adjusting or advancing. Can't see him getting past Cory or Patty on the depth chart and there are several teams that could use him.
Old 10-15-13, 06:03 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Fells seems intense, quick and athletic every moment he is on the court. Given some back and forth time between Austin and San Antonio, he could become valuable once he polishes some fundamentals and the Spurs system.

With the loss of Neil, Mills is still an asset with his shooting skills in certain situations.

The Spurs have attempted to place DeColo at both guard positions and neither one seems a good fit. Nwaelele on the other hand seems to compliment the squad on the floor well when placed at the 2 guard. He seems to play intelligently and disciplined and would likely be a quick learner.

Last edited by Spurd_On; 10-15-13 at 06:34 PM.
Old 10-15-13, 09:57 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelWi101 View Post
Wonder if Maggette's next stop is ending up as a coach somewhere?

I'll be surprised if Nando is here past the trade deadline, he doesn't seem to be adjusting or advancing. Can't see him getting past Cory or Patty on the depth chart and there are several teams that could use him.
I'm glad the kicked Corey to the curb...serves him right for turning us down years ago!
Old 10-15-13, 10:22 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
..... Nwaelele on the other hand seems to compliment the squad on the floor well when placed at the 2 guard. He seems to play intelligently and disciplined and would likely be a quick learner.
You know I just went to the Spurs home page and checked the team roster ( 2013-14 Roster | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE SAN ANTONIO SPURS ) and I see Fells' name listed but I don't see Nwaelele. Question: If Nwaelele is a grad of the Air Force Academy, does he have a military comitment to fulfill before he joins any team, ie., like Robinson when he graduated from Navy? And another thing, the game program I got at the AT&T Center Sunday listed Nwaelele having a DOB of 10/21/93 which makes him 19 as of today and Monday (21st) will be his 20th birthday. Just a youngster.

Old 10-15-13, 10:35 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

http://www.spursreport.com/forums/sp...l-warrior.html (OLD ENTRY: Warriors Waves: For Five Years Dan Nwaelele was a Real Warrior)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
You know I just went to the Spurs home page and checked the team roster ( 2013-14 Roster | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE SAN ANTONIO SPURS ) and I see Fells' name listed but I don't see Nwaelele. Question: If Nwaelele is a grad of the Air Force Academy, does he have a military comitment to fulfill before he joins any team, ie., like Robinson when he graduated from Navy? And another thing, the game program I got at the AT&T Center Sunday listed Nwaelele having a DOB of 10/21/93 which makes him 19 as of today and Monday (21st) will be his 20th birthday. Just a youngster.

now im confused, is this another nwaelele? is supposed to be 29 years old and he served 5 years, and was on spurs radar since many years

Thread here (OLD ENTRY: Warriors Waves: For Five Years Dan Nwaelele was a Real Warrior)

Last edited by JuanCaca; 10-15-13 at 10:44 PM.
Old 10-15-13, 10:56 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanCaca View Post
......................now im confused, is this another nwaelele? is supposed to be 29 years old and he served 5 years, and was on spurs radar since many years
It may be just a matter of a misprint on the DOB. Here's the program from the Spurs/Suns game Sunday. Pardon my doodling.

Old 10-15-13, 11:09 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

DOB March 5, 1984
Old 10-15-13, 11:47 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
DOB March 5, 1984
Geeeeez. That's a far cry from 10/21/93. Whoever it was that did the typing and proofing of the roster to hand out at the game was asleep at the wheel.