News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 10-10-13, 08:25 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

I predict a resurgence for Ginobili

Ginobili was 100% from the field and from the FT line in last nights pre-season game.

I think he is going to have a resurgence this season in terms of his PER. I still think he is only going to get 25 MPG, but they will be valuable 25 MPG. But I am certainly a HOMER!

Here are the ESPN comments about his performance last night.

Ginobili stuffed the stats sheet in Wednesday's preseason overtime win, scoring 14 points (4-4 FG, 3-3 3Pt, 3-3 FT) to go with five rebounds, two assists, four steals, and one block in 20 minutes of action.
Spin: Ginobili's ability to put up stats like these are no surprise to anyone, as the veteran guard has been consistent throughout the years. However, caution on taking Ginobili in the mid rounds of drafts, as he has been banged up of late, and the risk of injury is always existent for the 36-year old guard.
Old 10-10-13, 08:32 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

.....and 4 turnovers. But he probably will have a better season than last.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-10-13, 08:48 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

It'll be a stretch, but if he stays healthy and his competitive fire is there from putting up some real stinkers in the finals....just maybe.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-10-13, 09:29 AM
The Master Baiter

Really? He has shown the same pattern for the last 4 years, yet people still believe he's going to come around?
Old 10-10-13, 09:54 PM
SpursReport Team Member

To borrow a phrase from Bill Parcells, "you are what you are." Ginobili will be Ginobili. Flashes of brilliance followed by instances of madness and frustration. I don't think there will be a resurgence.

Just more of the same.
Old 10-10-13, 11:05 PM
SpursReport Team Member

4 TO's yes, but at least 2 of those were because Baynes and then Ayers weren't ready for a "Manu pass" that would have given them a layup/dunk.
Old 10-11-13, 05:42 AM
SpursReport Rookie

I said the same last year too. I'll get back on the G-train. I can only be wrong for a few more years. I like those odds !
Old 10-12-13, 09:10 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Too many people undervalue Ginobili. There is no way Kawhi is better than Ginobili this early in his career. Remember Ginobili spent most if the season injured and never really got into a good groove. An old Ginobili running an all cylinders is still deadlier than many give him credit for...... mark my words, he'll have some big moments this year. Don't write him off yet.
Old 10-13-13, 01:32 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G13 View Post
Too many people undervalue Ginobili. There is no way Kawhi is better than Ginobili this early in his career. Remember Ginobili spent most if the season injured and never really got into a good groove. An old Ginobili running an all cylinders is still deadlier than many give him credit for...... mark my words, he'll have some big moments this year. Don't write him off yet.
Kawhi has a huge upside to maybe not yet but in the playoffs or the finals especially last year he was better. I agree on the rest of what you said though and I believe he was more hurt then he lead on later in the year. I still don't know how he did some of those TO's when stumbling and throwing the ball right to the other team a few times but all in all I think he has something left.

He will not be near Ginobili of old though, don't count on that. If he had a TIMMAY ressurgence though, LOOK OUT! One can only hope.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 10-13-13, 09:50 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

You guys forget that Kawhi was injured for a lot of last season as well. He was injured in the playoffs too.

Hell, I made this post and I don't think Ginobili is more valuable than Kawhi. Kawhi is the man. When I said a resurgence for Ginobili, I meant that he would come in and have a huge impact for the 21 minutes per game he plays rather than shoot like crap and throw the ball away all the time.

Kawhi is the man!
Old 10-13-13, 02:49 PM
The Master Baiter

KY IS number 3 in the big three. That happened last year. Don't kid yourselves.
Old 10-15-13, 12:38 PM
The Amazing!

Maybe if he was not 100 years old and at the end of his career. Dude really disappointed me in the finals. I'm not expecting much from him.
Old 10-21-13, 12:49 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I hope that Manu evolves his game a bit, and plays with more mental focus instead of his out of control reactionary game. He sees the possibilities on the court so much quicker than even his own teammates, but his body simply can't keep up with his mind anymore. He's like Brett Favre was at the end, thinking he could make those pin-point 60 yard passes through 2 inch windows, and ended up throwing as many interceptions as touchdowns.

$
Old 10-21-13, 03:18 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7 View Post
Kawhi has a huge upside to maybe not yet but in the playoffs or the finals especially last year he was better. I agree on the rest of what you said though and I believe he was more hurt then he lead on later in the year. I still don't know how he did some of those TO's when stumbling and throwing the ball right to the other team a few times but all in all I think he has something left.

He will not be near Ginobili of old though, don't count on that. If he had a TIMMAY ressurgence though, LOOK OUT! One can only hope.

Manu definitely was hurt last year and obviously was frustrated in his inconsistency. With that said, I see a major resurgence and predict the spurs best regular season in recent memory. If that translates to a chip, remains tbd. One would hope

- Confucius
Old 10-24-13, 12:30 PM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
KY IS number 3 in the big three. That happened last year. Don't kid yourselves.