News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 10-01-13, 02:07 PM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

CBSSports.com top 100 Players

Stumbled across this today
Manu number 85 down from last year's #24
"Ginobili actually considered retirement going into the playoffs. The end is near for this special player, but his reputation was enough to keep him on the list."

Kawhi number 40 up from last year's #72
"Where do you think Leonard is going to peak during his career in ranking projects like this one? He's already jumped from 72 to 40 going into his second year and it feels like he will still continue to get a lot better. Can he break the top 20? It doesn't seem insane, which shows you just how effective he is on both ends of the court. He could end up being the ultimate role player."

Tim number 12 up from number 20
"Can you believe it? Duncan actually rose eight spots this year. Just keeps getting better with age."
Way to go Timmy.....

I guess they'll have 25-1 tomorrow.

Last edited by MichaelWi101; 10-02-13 at 04:02 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-01-13, 06:05 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Thanks Michael.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-01-13, 09:16 PM
SR Team Goof

Sports Illustrated had something along the same line about a month ago. Here's the links to those stories for comparison:

Top 100 players of 2014: Nos.*10-1 | The Point Forward - SI.com
Top 100 players of 2014: Nos.*20-11 | The Point Forward - SI.com
Top 100 NBA players of 2014: Nos. 30-21 | The Point Forward - SI.com
Top 100 NBA players of 2013-14: Nos. 50-31 | The Point Forward - SI.com
Top 100 NBA players of 2013-14: Nos. 100-51 | The Point Forward - SI.com
"I'm always amazed to hear of victims so badly mutilated that they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can't understand is, if they don't know who you are, how do they know who your dentist is?" - Paul Merton
Old 10-02-13, 01:56 PM
The Eternal Optimist

Guess Spurs' first six aren't too bad as all are in the top 100. Then again games aren't won on paper.
Old 10-02-13, 10:11 PM
Moderator & Chatroom Greeter

[email protected]
Old 10-03-13, 07:08 PM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

Tony #6

"Does the system make the point guard or does the point guard make the system?

That's the question with Tony Parker at this point in his career. When he was younger, you couldn't doubt that it was his brilliance that boosted the Spurs offense to the title even when the offense wasn't very good overall. But now? Parker's phenomenally better than he was then, but so's the system and personnel. Parker's the engine that makes the Spurs' car go, but that car has some serious hardware to put that engine to good use.

Parker was the dark horse/hipster favorite for MVP last season, guiding the Spurs to their eleven billionth top-three seeding and one of the best offensive outputs in the league. He surgically dissected the pitiful Lakers, took it right back to Stephen Curry and the hot-shooting Warriors, and utterly dismantled the Memphis Grizzlies in a sweep.

Against the Heat, he had, by my count, five of the best shots in Finals history no one will remember, including a step-back three late in Game 7 that remains maybe the most perfect basketball shot off the dribble I've ever seen. He was stupendous. He was brilliant. His play was beatuiful, his demeanor, cool and collected, his approach humble with a dash of pure killer.

And yet if you ask me who was better last season, Parker or Tim Duncan, I honestly don't know. If you ask me how Parker would do at this age with this many miles playing next to Tony Allen and Tayshaun Prince, or even Shane Battier and Ray Allen, I dont know. He has the perfect set of players and system to make him great, but he fulfills every centimeter of that trust.

He remains, as always, somewhere between oddly overrated and criminally underrated, one of the finest players of the new millenium, and a paradigm of how to play his position.

And for the first time in his illustrious career, he has a deep, burning bitterness to drive him forward after Games 6 and 7. Let's see what Parker's made of. I'm betting it's pretty incredible."